Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Old Louisiana courthouse sees reports of 'unexplainable' occurrences

UM-Bot

5 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

In the end it was me that disproved what I had experienced, maybe one day you may be able to look outside your own box and do the same.

Well that's good but I've had many experiences that have no mundane answers. I don't exist inside any box for my own comfort, it's called being open, shame you shut the door on yours and limited your horizons and knowledge 😢.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

Even when I was a firm believer in the paranormal, I never felt it was anyone's place to prove my experiences were legitimate.  If I was the one making the claims, I needed to back them up.  In the end it was me that disproved what I had experienced, maybe one day you may be able to look outside your own box and do the same.

You are a super rare example,

It's a dead end, a chronic true believer will always put down and blame the non believer rather than even consider they aren't as special as they think they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, and-then said:

Yes.  It is symbolic of the Holy Spirit.  The oil is just a symbol and the only thing that makes it "special" is the faith required by the individual who prays over it to sanctify it.  

I appreciate the explanation, thanks. I was chatting with my grandmother and recalled how she would sprinkle salt around doorways from time to time. I asked her about it and her response was similar to yours. In her opinion, the symbol (or item) used is important only insofar as it aligns with a person's religious/other beliefs and/or preferences, and that what's most important is the intent behind it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, openozy said:

Well that's good but I've had many experiences that have no mundane answers. I don't exist inside any box for my own comfort, it's called being open, shame you shut the door on yours and limited your horizons and knowledge 😢.

No doors have been closed; they remain open. Why you would believe that any door was closed is beyond me. I just want more than stories, that's all. I'm happy to accept the paranormal if someone can offer credible evidence or if I experience something genuinely amazing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

No doors have been closed; they remain open. Why you would believe that any door was closed is beyond me. I just want more than stories, that's all. I'm happy to accept the paranormal if someone can offer credible evidence or if I experience something genuinely amazing.

That's good because I can feel you are capable of picking up on this if you allow yourself to. You aren't going to get more than stories on here about the paranormal, that's because it's a personal experience and it's the only way to share it. I'm glad you included you seeing something amazing, mostly they are just subtle but you always remember the most profound ones.

• Like 1

Great post mate 🤣.

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

a chronic true believer will always put down and blame the non believer

On 4/26/2024 at 3:47 AM, TashaMarie said:

That's my rub , never any credible evidence just poking at skeptics for asking and not hailing unsupported stories as evidence, the best is when a closed door believer blames the skeptics for not experiencing paranormal making it not only a gift for the believer but a flaw in the skeptics and believer wonder why I find them delusional

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

closed door believer

Well that's a new one 🤣.

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

That's my rub , never any credible evidence just poking at skeptics for asking and not hailing unsupported stories as evidence,

What a load of tripe, people put their stories up out of interest not for you to mock, I for one have never asked for an explanation or needed evidence for an experience so why should you? If you don't like the stories that's your problem.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Deja vu is really the only paranormal thing that still grinds my gears a lil bit.

It's annoying knowing things that you know,you shouldn't have known...only had it happen 3-4 times,so roughly once a decade lol

I've read all kinds of theories on it,I've just come to the conclusion that every now and then,some type of "glitch" happens...

ETA

Another unexplained mystery,this reply was a quoted response to Bats,but no quote 😆

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

Deja vu is really the only paranormal thing that still grinds my gears a lil bit.

It's annoying knowing things that you know,you shouldn't have known...only had it happen 3-4 times,so roughly once a decade lol

I've read all kinds of theories on it,I've just come to the conclusion that every now and then,some type of "glitch" happens...

ETA

Another unexplained mystery,this reply was a quoted response to Bats,but no quote 😆

Deja vu is a weird one and I've seen those who think it's some kind of matrix glitch, I think it likely falls into that same area as when a person is out somewhere and thinks they are heading a different direction than they really are, the last few years I have been getting a weirdness where I feel like part of me is dragging one second behind, I hear myself talking feel where ive been and since i dont believe in paranormal i blame it on my aging mental issues, my drdp gets very bad.

As a skeptic I'm automatically hated by some and that hate is blinding but as I've said countless times show me your evidence your proof of claims and it's met with derision if a person a believer really is comfortable with their experiences then why melt down when skeptics ask for more than a story, oh dear what if it's not paranormal special powers what if you are just a human with delusions

• Like 2

Supernatural activity being stirred up by renovations is a well known trope in Ghost Hunting.  The only trope more prevalent is poltergeists being linked to sexually repressed teenagers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

The only trope more prevalent is poltergeists being linked to sexually repressed teenagers.

I know teenage girls stir up paranormal stuff, I didn't know it was sexual repression but that makes sense.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 6:38 AM, CrimsonKing said:

ETA

I have experienced several Deja Vu moments where I feel like I have already dreamt of the current situation. However, I believe that it could be because something similar to my dream is happening, and my subconscious mind adds extra details to make it fit. But, I have never experienced a situation where I feel like I have already visited a place I have never been to or know something I shouldn't.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, openozy said:

I know teenage girls stir up paranormal stuff, I didn't know it was sexual repression but that makes sense.

It was a theory first proposed by 19th/early 20th century psychical researchers. They tried to explain historical reports of “poltergeist phenomena” that often centered around adolescent girls by linking it to the onset of puberty; that the mental, emotional and physical stresses young women went through were strong enough to somehow unlock hypothetical latent telekinetic abilities in certain individuals.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Antigonos said:

It was a theory first proposed by 19th/early 20th century psychical researchers. They tried to explain historical reports of “poltergeist phenomena” that often centered around adolescent girls by linking it to the onset of puberty; that the mental, emotional and physical stresses young women went through were strong enough to somehow unlock hypothetical latent telekinetic abilities in certain individuals.

Or makes them delusional and attention seeking.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Antigonos said:

Having raised three daughters, it did kick up stuff around the home which I've written about before.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, the13bats said:

Or makes them delusional and attention seeking.

Definitely attention seeking, especially at that age. 

I’m not sure what your laugh emoji was about, what I said about the history of the theory, what it consisted of, and the men who proposed it was accurate.

Edited by Antigonos
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2024 at 12:38 AM, CrimsonKing said:

I've experienced that twice.  Once a few weeks prior to my first visit to DC and the other one was while I was in Basic training at Fort Jackson.  That one was kind of eerie.  There's a school there to train drill sergeants and when I saw the building I even thought I knew the layout inside.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Antigonos said:

Definitely attention seeking, especially at that age. 

I’m not sure what your laugh emoji was about, what I said about the history of the theory, what it consisted of, and the men who proposed it was accurate.

This...

On 4/30/2024 at 11:51 AM, Antigonos said:

There is zero proof of telekinetic ability, it's just another way some who believe in paranormal try to claim they or others have special powers, my chuckle wasn't at you but rather the researchers tying to sell that with of course zero to support such claims.

When I worked at the sanitaria botanica was the same time the craft came out almost daily girls came in hunting spells and pretending they have powers , look at the thread on here where young girls tried to kill to appease some mythical imaginary entities.

I guess they got the attention they wanted, special powers, not so much.

3 hours ago, and-then said:

I've experienced that twice.  Once a few weeks prior to my first visit to DC and the other one was while I was in Basic training at Fort Jackson.  That one was kind of eerie.  There's a school there to train drill sergeants and when I saw the building I even thought I knew the layout inside.

Did you know they layout or just thought you did?

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

it's just another way some who believe in paranormal try to claim they or others have special powers,

You don't need special powers to think outside the box 👍.

• Like 1