Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SETI Institute chief offers his views on UFOs and alien visitors

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

What millions?!

Problem is these stories and leaked tic tac grainy blurry videos have nothing to support claims, those things been debated here ad nauseum and nothing

Not necessarily. It’s the airforce pilot witnesses also 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Not necessarily. It’s the airforce pilot witnesses also 

I wish we had more than ancdotal but we really don't,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ell said:

Everything.

Please. I'm having a hell of a bad night this forum is a momentary escape,

Share some details why you think you experience was a man made craft

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

I wish we had more than ancdotal but we really don't,

I think we do.  @skyeagle409 has a excellent catalog of evidence 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I think we do.  @skyeagle409 has a excellent catalog of evidence 

My wife forbid me to play with those types.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

Please. I'm having a hell of a bad night this forum is a momentary escape,

Share some details why you think you experience was a man made craft

It clearly was in collusion with the powers that be.

If my arm had been six meters longer I could have touched it.

I estimate that it was about 120 metres in length. (Maybe 140.)

I think I better not add any more details. I suspect that the sociopaths that manned it would not appreciate it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Ell said:

I do not offer a blurry thing.

No, you are tellig us a story. A tall tale. Eyewitnesses testimony is among the lowest form of evidence. 

Its valueless as proof of extraterrestrial visitation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

No, you are tellig us a story. A tall tale. Eyewitnesses testimony is among the lowest form of evidence. 

Its valueless as proof of extraterrestrial visitation. 

I do not care whether anyone values my testimony. I know what I saw.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Ell said:

Lots of people "know what they saw" it still does in no way make it real.

Is this the only time that you have seen something extraordinary or paranormal?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

Is this the only time that you have seen something extraordinary or paranormal?

No. When I was a child and once went downstairs at night I heard a weird sound in the living room, so I did not dare to enter. Instead I went upstairs again and relayed my experience to my mother, who was in bed. She offered the hypothesis that I must have heard the sound of a shirt - that she had hung (to dry?) from the lamp in the front of the room - falling down.

Edited by Ell
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Ell said:

Ufos are manned by Earth humans.

Not alien humans? 

8 hours ago, Ell said:

And why should anyone value your testimony?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, astrobeing said:

And why should anyone value your testimony?

Well, my mom valued my testimony.

She was right, by the way: When I went downstairs again and switched on the light in the front of the living room, I saw the shirt she had spoken off lying on the table below the lamp from which she had hung that shirt. Presumably the draft caused by me opening the door the first time had dislodged the shirt from the lamp, causing the shirt to fall down.

I wonder how many paranormally smart people wil now respond that my mom was wrong and that the shirt was dislodged by the disembodied ghost of Bigfoot ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/25/2024 at 12:36 AM, the13bats said:

TBS " true believers syndrome" it's that area where a believer refuses their experiences can be anything except paranormal and it's the skeptics who are not "enlightened" it's a closed mind type thing.

This is really interesting to me.  Of course there are those that get some money and fame out of their sightings and claims...

But even the normal Joe Shmoes are still fighting for their lives to keep their belief intact. Im guessing they feel really important (for the first time) like they are part of something bigger...

The feel "special" or sometimes even "chosen"... Hard to let go of and go back to their dull sh!t againt.

• Thanks 2

On 4/23/2024 at 10:19 AM, The man in the tan jacket said:

Diamond makes a good point. We are waiting for them to find us because we do not have the technology to find them.

Diamond might be waiting but I and many others are not. ET's have been here, and still are here.

My conclusion: ET found the short cut. (worm hole, interdimensional travel, and perhaps something unfamiliar to us)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/24/2024 at 6:04 PM, Hazzard said:

From what I have seen so far, I think that every UFO can be put in the misenterpretation of earthly phenomenon basket... man made or other.

Lies and hoaxes are also very high up on the list.

Well, then, you just haven't seen this one:

image.png.9771526a800b9ff1d5646da4cb3db88d.png

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, then, you just haven't seen this one:

image.png.9771526a800b9ff1d5646da4cb3db88d.png

Actually we covered that one on the other thread a couple of months back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

Our government is not known for it's ability to keep secrets for long. Also there are 194 OTHER countries out there. Do aliens only crash land, contact, butcher cattle, abduct people, probe anally and whatnot ONLY Americans?

I agree with Essan. The US government lets people believe in Aliens because it makes using their new tech a lot easier, "It wasn't us, we cannot say it was aliens but......". 

Also Hazzard's angle is a huge factor. People seeing things and misinterpreting them.

Then there are the charlatans. In it for the money. The UFO world is rife with them.

So you think that a super secret black ops created the disc-shaped UFO of the Battle of LA, 1943?? Interesting.

This object (ufo) moved at 50 mph, back and forth through Los Angeles, and for 50 minutes, was pounded with 1,400 anti-aircraft shells that weighed 12 lbs. each,
a continual barrage of 50 mm machinegun fire, and two sorties from a squadron of aircrafts firing their machine guns at the UFO, point blank. 

America's military does not have anything that can withstand that kind of a barrage, I think you'll agree. And we certainly cannot fly anything
that has no wings, no tail section, no jets or propellers, and is silent.

Tell me, esoteric_toad, just when will America employ these fantastic scientific advances in our military??  They have had this technology for 80 years now.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Ell said:

Good for you, Ell. Don't let them shake you down

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Ell said:

It clearly was in collusion with the powers that be.

If my arm had been six meters longer I could have touched it.

I estimate that it was about 120 metres in length. (Maybe 140.)

I think I better not add any more details. I suspect that the sociopaths that manned it would not appreciate it.

You know I tried to give you benefits of doubt respect and you well, I can't call you a full blown troll but you sure did elf out on me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Diamond might be waiting but I and many others are not. ET's have been here, and still are here.

Back up your claims with evidence and proof not cop outs

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hazzard said:

This is really interesting to me.  Of course there are those that get some money and fame out of their sightings and claims...

But even the normal Joe Shmoes are still fighting for their lives to keep their belief intact. Im guessing they feel really important (for the first time) like they are part of something bigger...

The feel "special" or sometimes even "chosen"... Hard to let go of and go back to their dull sh!t againt.

Charlatans, cash grabbers, profiteers I think in most cases know they are full of bull, but acting like it real to them keeps dupped cash flowing.

When joe nickels called out ed warren did Ed a profiteer off haunted produce evidence ? No, did he cop out saying he had none? No. What he did was threaten Joe just for asking.

I think most people don't care but that little clique of desperate true believers need to think there is more out there be it aliens, crypto creatures, ghosts, magic powers etc.

I have no issues saying I have mental issues but to some this is a horrible stigma for example a head injury allowed them super powers like the plot of some "B" movie, but of course lacking evidence of anything paranormal.

Look at those and I know a few wanna be witches spewing about casting this spell or that on some foe, no kidding they believe they have powers like the chick in the Craft or harry lol potter.

And remember for a true believer us unenlightened are the ones flawed to experiencing this stuff. Hense the believer is justified and righteous.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

So you think that a super secret black ops created the disc-shaped UFO of the Battle of LA, 1943?? Interesting.

This object (ufo) moved at 50 mph, back and forth through Los Angeles, and for 50 minutes, was pounded with 1,400 anti-aircraft shells that weighed 12 lbs. each,
a continual barrage of 50 mm machinegun fire, and two sorties from a squadron of aircrafts firing their machine guns at the UFO, point blank. 

America's military does not have anything that can withstand that kind of a barrage, I think you'll agree. And we certainly cannot fly anything
that has no wings, no tail section, no jets or propellers, and is silent.

Tell me, esoteric_toad, just when will America employ these fantastic scientific advances in our military??  They have had this technology for 80 years now.

The Battle of LA, again... really!? 😄

That one was put to bed a long time ago... and then again just a couple of months ago.

At a closer look "the battle" falls apart like all these tall tales of AliEnZ on Earth.. like Roswell and Rendlesham. 

Its just one of those urban legends that UFOlogy cant let go of.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2024 at 1:43 AM, esoteric_toad said:

I agree with Essan. The US government lets people believe in Aliens because it makes using their new tech a lot easier, "It wasn't us, we cannot say it was aliens but......". 

Also Hazzard's angle is a huge factor. People seeing things and misinterpreting them.

Then there are the charlatans. In it for the money. The UFO world is rife with them.

We had a thread about that earlier... interesting concept. 

Throw in tabloid media and the fantasy prone Hollyweird population... it the stuff that legends are made of.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2