Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USA illegal migrant problem.


Dejarma

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Here are the three things I would like to see solved at the US border.

A strong secure border at which we can monitor comings and goings.

A practical system of visas, work permits and a path to citizenship for immigrants.  Our current reality is that we can use another 3-5 million workers  As the baby boomers leave the work force, that need is increasing, 

Americans exhibiting their best principles instead of their worst and treating people with dignity and kindness.  That is for our benefit not anybody else.

 

I think most would agree with this... but we need enforcement and deportations of those who don't follow our rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Piney said:

The Mexican border is "artificial". Working class Mexicans are 99 percent Native American and there are tribes who sit on both sides of the border and tribes who originally lived in the States who crossed the border to work the farms and ranches. This makes things really complicated. 

 

I remember when I lived in Maine I was very close to the Canadian border and there were quite a few Native Americans from the Micmac Nation and they could freely cross the border at will. Does that still hold true? There's a whole lot of Native American Nations whose ancestorial lands cross the border.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, susieice said:

I remember when I lived in Maine I was very close to the Canadian border and there were quite a few Native Americans from the Micmac Nation and they could freely cross the border at will. Does that still hold true? There's a whole lot of Native American Nations whose ancestorial lands cross the border.

After 911 you had to pick a side and become a Canadian or American citizen.

 I didn't have a problem with crossing back and forth to Grand River Reserve because I had a joint British-American citizenship making me a Commonwealth citizen. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

There are dirt poor in the US, but even still it is not the same thing as poor in many developing countries.

Yes, I remember Cabrini Green.  In fact, when I was in graduate school, I did tutoring for a semester to kids in Cabrini Green.  I recall one of my classmates from West Africa discussing this very topic as he was surprised at how good the kids had it at their school for Cabrini Green to be so notorious.  He actually brought in pictures of where he lived and went to school.  It was basically a one room school house with a dirt floor.  Meanwhile the kids in one of the worst housing projects at the time had a modern school building with air conditioning, desks, books, electricity, gym, playground, etc.  He literally could not believe we considered these kids poor.

Our housing projects are bad because the people are bad.   The actual accommodations are decent but the residents tear up the properties.    

My parents and grand parents had worse accommodations growing up poor in rural areas than most people in our urban ghettos.

 Moor Town in Alloway, where my grandmother was from was a shanty town in a pine forest where you couldn't even grow vegetables in your yard because the soil was so poor and my father built low income housing, then maintained it for his employer. They wrecked them right quick. 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

There are dirt poor in the US, but even still it is not the same thing as poor in many developing countries.

Yes, I remember Cabrini Green.  In fact, when I was in graduate school, I did tutoring for a semester to kids in Cabrini Green.  I recall one of my classmates from West Africa discussing this very topic as he was surprised at how good the kids had it at their school for Cabrini Green to be so notorious.  He actually brought in pictures of where he lived and went to school.  It was basically a one room school house with a dirt floor.  Meanwhile the kids in one of the worst housing projects at the time had a modern school building with air conditioning, desks, books, electricity, gym, playground, etc.  He literally could not believe we considered these kids poor.

Our housing projects are bad because the people are bad.   The actual accommodations are decent but the residents tear up the properties.    

My parents and grand parents had worse accommodations growing up poor in rural areas than most people in our urban ghettos.

I get that some are in environments of their own making,but there are still many rural dirt poor in this country with next to nothing,and no means to get out of it...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 5:34 PM, Dejarma said:

all due respect but IMO you're stating the bleeding obvious.. The question is why:

Are the cartels the problem? I don't know, I'm interested in what normal folk (as in not politicians & media) think 😉

 

 

Factually human trafficking's is the biggest money maker for the Mexican cartels.  Why we don't destroy them is anyone's guess at this point.  There are 101 conspiracy theories and some are probably even partially true. 

 

edit: Also I don't thinnk most of them are from Mexico these days but from Central America.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Factually human trafficking's is the biggest money maker for the Mexican cartels.  Why we don't destroy them is anyone's guess at this point.  There are 101 conspiracy theories and some are probably even partially true. 

 

edit: Also I don't thinnk most of them are from Mexico these days but from Central America.

Big government with guns again to save the day!

Umm..  Can you give us an example of when big government with guns solved a problem like this successfully?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Big government with guns again to save the day!

Umm..  Can you give us an example of when big government with guns solved a problem like this successfully?

Huh?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OverSword said:

Huh?  

You want big government with guns to sweep in and solve this problem.  How?  Like they did with the mobsters during prohibition?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You want big government with guns to sweep in and solve this problem.  How?  Like they did with the mobsters during prohibition?  

Ah, I see what you're saying.  I don't endorse that actually, just surprised they have not tried it.  I would simply legalize drugs and increase the number of work visas issued annually by a substantial amount to address this problem.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Ah, I see what you're saying.  I don't endorse that actually, just surprised they have not tried it.  I would simply legalize drugs and increase the number of work visas issued annually by a substantial amount to address this problem.

I agree with you there.  I would also change our immigration laws so these people can apply and await their trial dates from their home country rather than having to pay a cartel coyote to physically come here to file for asylum to expeditite the process.  Penalizing people and companies that hire them and shutting down the "Independent Contractor" loophole for employment would lessen the "sugar" that draws them here too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2024 at 10:14 AM, CrimsonKing said:

It's kind of wild, sometimes I hear people speaking of all these illegal Mexicans flooding in...

Many do not understand,Mexico and it's citizens are a people and nation of their own...Central and South Americans are not Mexicans.

Many actual Mexicans I've met are educated business owners who employ Central and South Americans.

I think I saw a Border Patrol graph that showed like 70% were Mexicans bsck in the 1990s, but today Mexicans only are like 5% to 10%. 

The ones that wanted to come here already came decades ago. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2024 at 11:11 PM, Gromdor said:

To be honest. Watching my wealthy in-laws trapeze around the world wherever they please, I would have to say it's just a boundary where one countries laws ends and another begins.  You are talking to a guy that has a kid with American, Brazillian, and Italian citizenship.  He can go anywhere in the US, South America, and Europe. 

I truly think our politicians made our immigration laws like this just so they can get this very effect- cheap labor and an issue to campaign around.  

Immigration is 100% a campaign issue. It has no real net effect on the average citizen. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Group of illegal aliens sends list of demands to Denver mayor after refusing to leave encampment for taxpayer-funded shelters

According to KDVR, the demands included:

1. Migrants will cook their own food with fresh, culturally appropriate ingredients provided by the City instead of premade meals – rice, chicken, flour, oil, butter, tomatoes, onions, etc… Also people will not be punished for bringing in & eating outside food.

2. Shower access will be available without time limits & can be accessed whenever – we are not in the military, we're civilians.

3. Medical professional visits will happen regularly & referrals/connections for specialty care will be made as needed.

4. All will receive the same housing support that has been offered to others. They cannot kick people out in 30 days without something stable established.

5. There needs to be a clear, just process before exiting someone for any reason – including verbal, written & final warnings.

6. All shelter residents will receive connection to employment support, including work permit applications for those who qualify.

7. Consultations for each person/family with a free immigration lawyer must be arranged to discuss/progress their cases, & then the City will provide on-going legal support in the form of immigration document clinics & including transportation to relevant court dates.

8. The City will provide privacy for families/individuals within the shelter.

9. No more verbal or physical or mental abuse will be permitted from the staff, including no sheriff sleeping inside & monitoring 24/7 – we are not criminals & won't be treated as such.

10. Transportation for all children to & from their schools will be provided until they finish in 3 weeks.

11. No separating families, regardless of if family members have children or not. The camp will stay together.

12. The City must schedule a meeting with the Mayor & those directly involved in running the Newcomer program ASAP to discuss further improvements & ways to support migrants.

13. The City must provide all residents with a document signed by a City official in English & Spanish with all of these demands that includes a number to call to report mistreatment.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/group-of-illegal-aliens-sends-list-of-demands-to-denver-mayor-after-refusing-to-leave-encampment-for-taxpayer-funded-shelters
Yeah, sure sounds like a boon to the country we needed! "Culturally appropriate ingredients". LMAO. You can't make this stuff up.
Edited by Zebra3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

Group of illegal aliens sends list of demands to Denver mayor after refusing to leave encampment for taxpayer-funded shelters

According to KDVR, the demands included:

1. Migrants will cook their own food with fresh, culturally appropriate ingredients provided by the City instead of premade meals – rice, chicken, flour, oil, butter, tomatoes, onions, etc… Also people will not be punished for bringing in & eating outside food.

2. Shower access will be available without time limits & can be accessed whenever – we are not in the military, we're civilians.

3. Medical professional visits will happen regularly & referrals/connections for specialty care will be made as needed.

4. All will receive the same housing support that has been offered to others. They cannot kick people out in 30 days without something stable established.

5. There needs to be a clear, just process before exiting someone for any reason – including verbal, written & final warnings.

6. All shelter residents will receive connection to employment support, including work permit applications for those who qualify.

7. Consultations for each person/family with a free immigration lawyer must be arranged to discuss/progress their cases, & then the City will provide on-going legal support in the form of immigration document clinics & including transportation to relevant court dates.

8. The City will provide privacy for families/individuals within the shelter.

9. No more verbal or physical or mental abuse will be permitted from the staff, including no sheriff sleeping inside & monitoring 24/7 – we are not criminals & won't be treated as such.

10. Transportation for all children to & from their schools will be provided until they finish in 3 weeks.

11. No separating families, regardless of if family members have children or not. The camp will stay together.

12. The City must schedule a meeting with the Mayor & those directly involved in running the Newcomer program ASAP to discuss further improvements & ways to support migrants.

13. The City must provide all residents with a document signed by a City official in English & Spanish with all of these demands that includes a number to call to report mistreatment.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/group-of-illegal-aliens-sends-list-of-demands-to-denver-mayor-after-refusing-to-leave-encampment-for-taxpayer-funded-shelters
Yeah, sure sounds like a boon to the country we needed! "Culturally appropriate ingredients". LMAO. You can't make this stuff up.

Well, let's look at it on a site that's not a Neo-fascist news organization:  https://kdvr.com/news/local/group-of-migrants-send-denver-mayor-list-of-demands/

  • These people are MIGRANTS.  They are let in legally.  They are not illegals.  Under the rules set out by the US government, they have received permission to enter the country.  So the news item is mistaken from the get-go.
  • The city has promised them help and then reneged.  They're angry.  They're protesting.

Let's look at the demands:

  • Migrants will cook their own food with fresh, culturally appropriate ingredients provided by the City instead of premade meals – rice, chicken, flour, oil, butter, tomatoes, onions, etc… Also people will not be punished for bringing in & eating outside food.

So apparently when they stay in the shelter they can't bring in food (like if you wanted a McDonalds' or whatever) and they're not being given ingredients that they know how to cook with (if you were in a temporary housing because of an "act of nature" among the Inupiaq and the only things you had to eat and to cook with were what the Inupiaq used and ate (which is smoked or dried fish; hooligan or herring; other fish such as halibut or char (not smoked or dried); herring eggs; canned or jarred salmon; shellfish; muskox; caribou; deer; moose; reindeer; buffalo; beaver; rabbit or squirrel; heart or tongue; kidney; whale meat, blubber, seal and walrus meat and blubber)... how well would you eat?  Could you cook with seal fat?

People don't automatically step into a land as a permitted refugee and instantly acquire all the language and culture and food recipes of the new land.  They're not asking for caviar and salmon pate.  They want rice, beans, corn, pork... some pretty basic items and they'd like it fresh and not reconstituted or whatever.

 

  • Shower access will be available without time limits & can be accessed whenever – we are not in the military, we’re civilians.

Bathing facilities available 24 hours.  I don't think that's an unreasonable demand.  People work shift jobs and need bathing after work.  What good is a place that shuts off showers?

 

Here's the full list:

Quote
  • Migrants will cook their own food with fresh, culturally appropriate ingredients provided by the City instead of premade meals – rice, chicken, flour, oil, butter, tomatoes, onions, etc… Also people will not be punished for bringing in & eating outside food.
  • Shower access will be available without time limits & can be accessed whenever – we are not in the military, we’re civilians.
  • Medical professional visits will happen regularly & referrals/connections for specialty care will be made as needed.
  • All will receive the same housing support that has been offered to others. They cannot kick people out in 30 days without something stable established.
  • There needs to be a clear, just process before exiting someone for any reason – including verbal, written & final warnings.
  • All shelter residents will receive connection to employment support, including work permit applications for those who qualify.
  • Consultations for each person/family with a free immigration lawyer must be arranged to discuss/progress their cases, & then the City will provide on-going legal support in the form of immigration document clinics & including transportation to relevant court dates.
  • The City will provide privacy for families/individuals within the shelter.
  • No more verbal or physical or mental abuse will be permitted from the staff, including no sheriff sleeping inside & monitoring 24/7 – we are not criminals & won’t be treated as such.
  • Transportation for all children to & from their schools will be provided until they finish in 3 weeks.
  • No separating families, regardless of if family members have children or not. The camp will stay together.
  • The City must schedule a meeting with the Mayor & those directly involved in running the Newcomer program ASAP to discuss further improvements & ways to support migrants.
  • The City must provide all residents with a document signed by a City official in English & Spanish with all of these demands that includes a number to call to report mistreatment.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You don't come here and demand jack ****. You assimilate or pack your bags. And that's only if you're legal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

You don't come here and demand jack ****. You assimilate or pack your bags. And that's only if you're legal.

Unless you are devoted to breed a population  with no rights and conditioned to the whip, what are you trying to say?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Well, let's look at it on a site that's not a Neo-fascist news organization:  https://kdvr.com/news/local/group-of-migrants-send-denver-mayor-list-of-demands/

  • These people are MIGRANTS.  They are let in legally.  They are not illegals.  Under the rules set out by the US government, they have received permission to enter the country.  So the news item is mistaken from the get-go.
  • The city has promised them help and then reneged.  They're angry.  They're protesting.

Let's look at the demands:

  • Migrants will cook their own food with fresh, culturally appropriate ingredients provided by the City instead of premade meals – rice, chicken, flour, oil, butter, tomatoes, onions, etc… Also people will not be punished for bringing in & eating outside food.

So apparently when they stay in the shelter they can't bring in food (like if you wanted a McDonalds' or whatever) and they're not being given ingredients that they know how to cook with (if you were in a temporary housing because of an "act of nature" among the Inupiaq and the only things you had to eat and to cook with were what the Inupiaq used and ate (which is smoked or dried fish; hooligan or herring; other fish such as halibut or char (not smoked or dried); herring eggs; canned or jarred salmon; shellfish; muskox; caribou; deer; moose; reindeer; buffalo; beaver; rabbit or squirrel; heart or tongue; kidney; whale meat, blubber, seal and walrus meat and blubber)... how well would you eat?  Could you cook with seal fat?

People don't automatically step into a land as a permitted refugee and instantly acquire all the language and culture and food recipes of the new land.  They're not asking for caviar and salmon pate.  They want rice, beans, corn, pork... some pretty basic items and they'd like it fresh and not reconstituted or whatever.

 

  • Shower access will be available without time limits & can be accessed whenever – we are not in the military, we’re civilians.

Bathing facilities available 24 hours.  I don't think that's an unreasonable demand.  People work shift jobs and need bathing after work.  What good is a place that shuts off showers?

 

Here's the full list:

 

 

 

How dare you bring facts and logical into an argument based purely on partisan proganda???!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the REAL immigrant problem is... 

People don't know how to tell natural born citizens from naturalized citizens from legal immigrants from people with work visas from illegals.

 

I live in Texas (as we all know) and know a number of natural born citizens who spoke Spanish as their first language (and these are families who have been in that same area of South Texas since the Spanish conquests) and who have a strong accent and speak to their families in Spanish.  I know some who are born citizens who speak German as their first language.  Ditto some Vietnamese.

If the people in the news story had been illegals, all anyone would have had to do would be to call Immigration and they'd be out of there on the next transport.  They wouldn't be sitting around for a year or more.  But in this political environment, it's easy to score points in some sectors by chanting "illegal!" at anyone with an accent.  They have no basis for the accusation but it's a great way to stir up false patriotism.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its true, after being captured, questioned, given a date, and released... They are not illegals.

That happens after the date assigned comes and they don't show up. Which is around four years right now.

The ones not caught. They are illegals. Usually the have fale papers though, so theyll be impossible to seperate from the asylum seekers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Illegal alien attempts to infiltrate military base: Report

Several sources revealed to Potomac Local News that one of the men was a Jordanian national who had recently entered the country through the southern border. One of the truck's occupants was reportedly on the U.S. terrorist watch list, according to the sources.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/illegal-alien-attempts-to-infiltrate-military-base-report

Keep lettin' 'em in, dipshyts.

Edited by Zebra3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 2:08 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

 

I saw that and looked into it a bit to see why they would do that. Seems like simply politics. No thought of officers, or public safety, just "Vote against Republican Bill".

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.