Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USA illegal migrant problem.

Dejarma

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I saw that and looked into it a bit to see why they would do that. Seems like simply politics. No thought of officers, or public safety, just "Vote against Republican Bill".

I looked into this a bit too.  From what I understand, the Democrats blocked it because the intent of the law was to create a backdoor way of deporting people that skipped the federal government.  Basically, it let local city and state law enforcement deport people under "protecting the police".  And as we all know, the Constitution put immigration/deportions as a Federal level power.

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I looked into this a bit too.  From what I understand, the Democrats blocked it because the intent of the law was to create a backdoor way of deporting people that skipped the federal government.  Basically, it let local city and state law enforcement deport people under "protecting the police".  And as we all know, the Constitution put immigration/deportions as a Federal level power.

I thought what i read was it allowed local/state police to detain the illegals for the Feds to quick walk them into being deported.

Maybe these Democrats should have read the Bill? It not very long. Doesnt mention police deporting anyone. Says the Fed does that. 

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/7343/text

Screenshot_20240518_124149_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1a55667da57563c3071136b8233db1a9.jpg

• Like 1

Found this...

Leadership Conference Letter Opposing H.R. 7343 (Mandatory Immigration Detention)

https://civilrights.org/resource/leadership-conference-letter-opposing-h-r-7343-mandatory-immigration-detention/

H.R. 7343 would subject immigrants to mandatory detention if they have been arrested for, charged with, or convicted of assaulting a police officer. Our immigration laws already impose mandatory detention of immigrants convicted of a wide range of offenses, including most violent crimes. H.R. 7343, however, would require the mandatory, indefinite jailing of an immigrant who has merely been arrested for or charged with assault. Furthermore, because the bill relies on various state law definitions of what constitutes assault, in some states, the bill would require the jailing of individuals accused of offenses that did not even involve physical contact.

Seems like theyre objecting to what could be long detention before being deported.

Sucks to be such an illegal, but thats not too extreme in my opinion.

LOL. 'Not good enough'.

On 5/20/2024 at 11:49 AM, Zebra3 said:

LOL. 'Not good enough'.

What they should do is link the free aid with their asylum court date. If the date comes and goes. The money stops coming.

People who are just here illegally... period... Shouldn't get aid... period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just had a customer come in and tell us that he was cutting a border patrol agents hair and he told them they had caught 8 confirmed/wanted ISIS members crossing the border. His boss, head of BP in the area was gonna hold a press conference about it but was called by DHS and said 'No, you're not.'

It's coming. Thank your president.

• Like 4

Yep, wouldn't happen if they stayed where they belong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zebra3 said:

Yep, wouldn't happen if they stayed where they belong.

Maybe you should join the border patrol.  You seem to be immune to the stuff that drives the others to quit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

Just had a customer come in and tell us that he was cutting a border patrol agents hair and he told them they had caught 8 confirmed/wanted ISIS members crossing the border. His boss, head of BP in the area was gonna hold a press conference about it but was called by DHS and said 'No, you're not.'

It's coming. Thank your president.

Well, I guess we'll just take your word for it.  Your post history seems to imply you are a non-partisan individual that wouldn't make something up.

• Haha 1

Saw this today...

https://thehill.com/opinion/4693532-china-blasts-us-open-borders-even-as-its-citzens-pour-across/

The recent surge of Chinese nationals attempting to illegally enter the United States via Mexico has increased 50-fold, from 689 in 2021 to 37,000 in 2023, placing heightened pressure on America’s border management and national security systems.

Yet, today’s crisis goes beyond a simple immigration issue because it involves sophisticated smuggling networks, potential espionage concerns and a strategic effort by China to exploit and amplify long-standing border challenges for propaganda purposes. Addressing these issues requires a compassionate yet vigilant approach, recognizing both the humanitarian needs of legitimate asylum seekers and the Chinese government’s malign intentions. 

Whoa! I didnt realize so many Chinese were crossing these days. If even half are men, thats nearly 20,000 Chinese men... That their government helped facilitate getting here. And for what purpose does China do so....?

• Thanks 1

Corporate Media on Soaring Housing Costs: Don’t Mention Mass Migration!

It’s like it’s a taboo … I’ve seen them going through ridiculous contortions to avoid blaming Biden for the border crisis he caused … [for example, they blame] bad harvests caused by climate change. They’re going through contortions to avoid actually discussing the cause of it, because that would mean they agree with Republicans.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2024/06/03/bidens-media-on-soaring-housing-costs-dont-mention-migration/

• Like 2

Just now, Zebra3 said:

Corporate Media on Soaring Housing Costs: Don’t Mention Mass Migration!

It’s like it’s a taboo … I’ve seen them going through ridiculous contortions to avoid blaming Biden for the border crisis he caused … [for example, they blame] bad harvests caused by climate change. They’re going through contortions to avoid actually discussing the cause of it, because that would mean they agree with Republicans.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2024/06/03/bidens-media-on-soaring-housing-costs-dont-mention-migration/

HI Zebra

Your border crisis has been going on since before Biden and will always be a problem, so who will you blame next as Trump didn't solve the problem when he was in office? 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

HI Zebra

Your border crisis has been going on since before Biden and will always be a problem, so who will you blame next as Trump didn't solve the problem when he was in office? 

It's measurably worse now and the rate of the increase exploded like a nuke after biden took office.  Try being a bit more honest please

https://www.statista.com/chart/20326/mexicans-non-mexcians-apprehended-at-southern-us-border/

20326.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It's measurably worse now and the rate of the increase exploded like a nuke after biden took office.  Try being a bit more honest please

https://www.statista.com/chart/20326/mexicans-non-mexcians-apprehended-at-southern-us-border/

20326.jpeg

HI OverSword

And yet Trump and his Maga pals did everything they could to stall proposals because election. I am being honest a problem is always a problem no matter what size you think it is. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

HI OverSword

And yet Trump and his Maga pals did everything they could to stall proposals because election. I am being honest a problem is always a problem no matter what size you think it is. 

Biden messed it up with executive orders and could fix it the same way so I will just blame the person who is actually to blame.  Thanks ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Biden messed it up with executive orders and could fix it the same way so I will just blame the person who is actually to blame.  Thanks ;)

HI OverSword

It is your right to feel that way but I think the problem is more than just the president. 

Biden plans to lock down the border each day after a handful get amnesty date.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immigration/2024/06/03/biden-border-migrants-asylum-restrictions/

President Biden is expected to announce a plan Tuesday to temporarily shut off access to the U.S.-Mexico border and restrict asylum for immigrants.

11 hours ago, OverSword said:

Which executive orders?

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

Oh great.   That fixed it, now we have somebody to blame  so no more immigration problem?  How about we get somebody to fix it and then congratulate them.   I don't think either of our two candidates can really fix it, and neither can their Congress, however it turns out. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh great.   That fixed it, now we have somebody to blame  so no more immigration problem?  How about we get somebody to fix it and then congratulate them.   I don't think either of our two candidates can really fix it, and neither can their Congress, however it turns out. 

Is that what you will do if trump fixes it?

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Is that what you will do if trump fixes it?

Not quite certain of your meaning.  If anybody can fix it, credit is due.  That includes Trump.  I have given him credit for keeping us out of a new war.  

But I remain sadly certain that our system has devolved into incompetence. Problems that require time, intelligence, and resources will not be solved.  Twitter hits, likes and clicks seem more important to legislators than Legislation.  The public interest can only be held for a month or two. The retirement get rich job for Congress used to be lobbyist, now media personality seem to be  number one.

Its hard to blame it all on the government when the voting public wants a sh** show,  Noise and promises and defiance and an enemy to overcome are the things that sell.  

The model for our lives seems to have become flashy performance.  Basketball and football teams get cheerleaders, play for an hour and go home.  Its all about the noise and win or lose excitement.   Farmers, coal miners, loggers, insurance experts, and factory workers don't get cheerleaders.  They get up every day and do it again, day  after day  for forty or fifty years. No acknowledgement for building America just a fight to keep their benefits from being cut in old age.

Maybe we should have never stopped teaching the hard stuff like civics, math, science, and geography.:cry:

• Like 4

Staten Island Rep. Nicole Malliotakis shreds AOC for silence on cop-shooting NYC migrant

Staten Island Rep. Nicole Malliotakis went off Tuesday night on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for keeping quiet about a Venezuelan gang member who entered the US illegally and shot two NYPD officers in the “Squad” member’s district earlier this week.

“Hey Baby Girl @AOC, two cops were shot in your district by an illegal immigrant who we NOW find out is a Venezuelan gang member being housed in a hotel at our constituents’ expense and you still have NOTHING to say about it?? Really?” Malliotakis (R-NY) posted on X Tuesday night.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/05/us-news/staten-island-rep-nicole-malliotakis-shreds-aoc-for-silence-on-cop-shooting-nyc-migrant/

Yeah, wonder why.

• Like 1