Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon releases report on pilot UFO encounter over Gulf Of Mexico


Recommended Posts

 
‘Mexico’ is an alien magnet
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are they even trying anymore? Just say “swamp gas”, really, or the aurora borealis.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll have to look up what a 'commercial lighting balloon' is. No mention of the other 3 objects on the radar.... presumably another 3 commercial lighting balloons. I didn't understand the paragraph that describes the colours. Didn't make any sense to me whatsoever.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Cho Jinn said:

Are they even trying anymore? Just say “swamp gas”, really, or the aurora borealis.

Or Jupiter 😁

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Further to my previous comment I searched for 'commercial lighting balloon' on Google. All that came up was weather balloons which aren't illuminated. Anyone know what the AARO are referring to?
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok I found something that it could be. Balloons filled with helium which are used in the filming industry, construction work and emergency services. So...4 of them became untethered and floated up to 16,000 feet. That would seem to be their explanation. Doesn't really correlate with the pilots visual sighting as the balloons used in the commercial sector for lighting purposes seem to be spherical and not very large.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing that can be reasonably and logically eliminated is extraterrestrial craft. Once the catalog of "known-knowns" are investigated and eliminated as possibilities, then we can jump in the speculative pool of alien visitation.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Balloons that disengage radar, come in packs and look love nothing a pilot had seen before.

Balloons?

Lol

 

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Balloons that disengage radar, come in packs and look love nothing a pilot had seen before.

Balloons?

Lol

 

 

Allegedly did those things. 👍

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

The Pentagon's UFO office has reached a conclusion about the nature of an object observed near Eglin last year.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/376629/pentagon-releases-report-on-pilot-ufo-encounter-over-gulf-of-mexico

We won yet another one as definitely not aliens.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, sanchez710 said:

Further to my previous comment I searched for 'commercial lighting balloon' on Google. All that came up was weather balloons which aren't illuminated. Anyone know what the AARO are referring to?

Really?! You couldn't find anything about internally lighted balloons and blimps?

Ranging from small party club size to car lot type advertising right up to the Goodyear blimp we have all kinds of lighted balloons and blimps in our sky's even ones made to look like classic flying saucers

OIP.7GBkz2IX6S1huMVd1yB0OgAAAA?dpr=1.5&p

They want to attract attention and some groups compete to design wild ones.

Countless times these advertising craft have been mistaken for craft from other worlds but no.

 

9 hours ago, sanchez710 said:

Ok I found something that it could be. Balloons filled with helium which are used in the filming industry, construction work and emergency services. So...4 of them became untethered and floated up to 16,000 feet. That would seem to be their explanation. Doesn't really correlate with the pilots visual sighting as the balloons used in the commercial sector for lighting purposes seem to be spherical and not very large.

Actually if a person reads the article carefully they will see that a radar return say four but changed to one right before the radar went on the Fritz the pilot confirmed one not four and it does match up with an escaped advertisement blimp/balloon

Also keeping mind there was nothing reported to suggest it did anything a balloon wouldn't be able to do.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Posted (edited)

The object that the pilot did manage to observe was described as vaguely pear-shaped and similar to the "Apollo spacecraft". It had an "orange-reddish" illuminated, roundish underside and had a cone-shaped top section covered in "gunmetal gray segmented panels".

Yup, sure sounds like another balloon. Lol. 😆 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

The object that the pilot did manage to observe was described as vaguely pear-shaped and similar to the "Apollo spacecraft". It had an "orange-reddish" illuminated, roundish underside and had a cone-shaped top section covered in "gunmetal gray segmented panels".

Yup, sure sounds like another balloon. Lol. 😆 

That could be his description to the best of his perception.  We don't know if it was, in fact constructed of "gunmetal gray segmented panels" or items that he perceived as such. It could be a number of things that the pilot may not be immediately familiar with.

But yeah, let's not consider any of those possibilities before jumping to extraterrestrial craft. 😂

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

That could be his description to the best of his perception.  We don't know if it was, in fact constructed of "gunmetal gray segmented panels" or items that he perceived as such. It could be a number of things that the pilot may not be immediately familiar with.

But yeah, let's not consider any of those possibilities before jumping to extraterrestrial craft. 😂

It's that whole irrational claim to authority silliness in this case a pilot is flawless in their interpretation of all things and knowing of all things which of course is a ridiculous assumption.

Look at the mantel case, the seasoned pilot lost his life chasing a sky hook balloon, sorry chasing a UFO likely alien craft.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2024 at 7:51 AM, sanchez710 said:

Further to my previous comment I searched for 'commercial lighting balloon' on Google. All that came up was weather balloons which aren't illuminated. Anyone know what the AARO are referring to?

From Wiki:

Balloon lights (also called lighting balloons) are a specialized type of luminaire used primarily for lighting in the motion picture industry, night highway construction, incident management, and public security applications such as police checkpoints. These luminaires typically consist of one or more high-intensity lamps surrounded by a translucent fabric balloon. The balloon acts as a diffuser to soften and disperse the light. The upper portion of the balloon sometimes has a reflective inner coating to direct more of the light downward. Some commercial products use a blower to expand the balloon, while others have an umbrella-like internal wire frame. The device is essentially an industrial version of a Japanese paper lantern.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balloon_light#:~:text=These luminaires typically consist of,more of the light downward.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2024 at 4:41 PM, the13bats said:

It's that whole irrational claim to authority silliness in this case a pilot is flawless in their interpretation of all things and knowing of all things which of course is a ridiculous assumption.

Look at the mantel case, the seasoned pilot lost his life chasing a sky hook balloon, sorry chasing a UFO likely alien craft.

 

I could not agree more.  

I have worked with and known pilots my hole life (cops and military) and I have seen nothing that can convince me that they are any better than the rest of the population at this UFO stuff.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.