Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College campuses are in chaos with arrests being made all over the US

susieice

On 5/13/2024 at 8:00 AM, Doug1066 said:

72 hours left to retirement.  My stuff is all out of my office.  I very literally have nothing to do.  Not enough time to start a new project.  After that, I'll be burning unused leave until July 8.

Doug

36 hours (and 8 of those are annual leave) until I'm out of here.  I'm going to take a long vacation before I return to UM.  Been nice talking to you all.

Doug

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Doug1066 said:

In fact, restorative justice is being used right now.

It won't work in every case, but it should be employed where applicable.

Doug

We aren't even having the same discussion...

It's been fun,but we are wasting each other's time...have a good day Doug ✌️

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Jewish students sue Haverford College for creating a hostile environment

Students filed a lawsuit on Monday against Haverford College for violating the civil rights of Jewish students by creating a hostile environment toward Jews and for holding double standards on conduct against them – compared to other ethnic and religious groups.

The suit filed to the Pennsylvanian Eastern District Court by five plaintiffs contended that the college administration had acted contrary to Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act by creating conditions in which Jewish students could not fully participate in classes and programs without fear of harassment. Jewish students said that they could not speak Hebrew in public, engage in mannerisms that would identify them as Jewish, and that they had to hide their beliefs and identities to avoid harassment.

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/article-801403

I think we can all agree that Harvard bungled its response.  Now:  what should that response have been?

Doug

• Like 1

36 hours (and 8 of those are annual leave) until I'm out of here.  I'm going to take a long vacation before I return to UM.  Been nice talking to you all.

Doug

Yeah thinking about a vacation myself,take care and enjoy your retirement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

We aren't even having the same discussion...

It's been fun,but we are wasting each other's time...have a good day Doug ✌️

As I understand it, you favor harsh sentences no matter what.  And I'm saying that harsh sentences aren't always the most productive ones and suggesting restorative justice when applicable.

Doug

As I understand it, you favor harsh sentences no matter what.  And I'm saying that harsh sentences aren't always the most productive ones and suggesting restorative justice when applicable.

Doug

You haven't understood what I've been saying then... nevermind.

Later.

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

You haven't understood what I've been saying then... nevermind.

Later.

OK.

Doug

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Doug

It's down to 32 hours!  Breaking out the beer!

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

Breaking out the beer!

Doug

There's something we can speak about...

What kind ya got? 😆

• Haha 2

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

There's something we can speak about...

What kind ya got? 😆

Sam Addams Summer Ale.

Going to a party at The Pub Thursday night.  My goodness; it's Guinness!

Doug

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Doug1066 said:

Sam Addams Summer Ale.

Going to a party at The Pub Thursday night.  My goodness; it's Guinness!

Doug

Good choice 👍 

Bought up a mixed 12 pack of Sierra Nevada's,but since today's big fight is being fought in Saudi Arabia it starts during the day.

I don't drink during the day time,unless I'm at the beach, clearly I'm late for a vacation of my own 😆  🍻

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Good choice 👍 

Bought up a mixed 12 pack of Sierra Nevada's,but since today's big fight is being fought in Saudi Arabia it starts during the day.

I don't drink during the day time,unless I'm at the beach, clearly I'm late for a vacation of my own 😆  🍻

It's always five o'clock somewhere.

Doug

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Securing exits with barbed wire, among other things. Banners saying things like 'bring the Intifada home'.

Unbelievable.

Somebody is directing these kids on what to do. You'd think they'd have more sense that join terrorists, but I guess not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

Somebody is directing these kids on what to do.

Not only directing them, but also providing them with 'supplies'.

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

You'd think they'd have more sense that join terrorists, but I guess not.

They're not terrorists, they're Freedom Fighters! ... So freaking stupid it's mind blowing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Not only directing them, but also providing them with 'supplies'.

They're not terrorists, they're Freedom Fighters! ... So freaking stupid it's mind blowing.

There is no longer any doubt in my mind they are being trained to do this stuff. Barbed wire? Blockades? Really? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, susieice said:

There is no longer any doubt in my mind they are being trained to do this stuff. Barbed wire? Blockades? Really? 

It was obvious they were being prodded, trained, and supplied the minute the tents arrived.

I don't know the extent to which outside agitators were involved, but do know that pro-Palestinian student groups played a significant role. It would be interesting to know what outside organizations/individuals (if any) fund or are affiliated with these groups.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It was obvious they were being prodded, trained, and supplied the minute the tents arrived.

I don't know the extent to which outside agitators were involved, but do know that pro-Palestinian student groups played a significant role. It would be interesting to know what outside organizations/individuals (if any) fund or are affiliated with these groups.

I wondered about all the Palestinian flags. Tents they could have bought themselves but I didn't think there were that many flags in the US. From the very beginning they never mentioned the attack on Israel or the hostages. They were one-sided.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

My kids are all grown now but if I was a parent, I would not be paying over $66,000 a year for my kid to go to University of Penn and get involved in this crap. I've seen a figure of $78,000. Maybe it's going up next year. A lot of times it does.

UPenn - Tuition & Fees, Net Price (collegetuitioncompare.com)

UPenn's 4-year tuition is $279,922, based on current tuition and change rate. The estimated 4-year COA including living costs and personal expenses is $376,359.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

From Philadelphia news...

19 protesters arrested after trying to occupy University of Pennsylvania's Fisher-Bennett Hall - 6abc Philadelphia

According to the university, 19 people, including seven Penn students, were arrested. Twelve people were issued citations for failure to disperse and failure to follow police commands and were later released.

Seven protesters remain in custody awaiting felony charges, including one for assaulting a police officer.

After the Fisher-Bennett Hall was cleared, a Penn spokesperson said officers found "lock-picking tools and homemade metal shields fashioned from oil drums."

"The exit doors had been secured with zip-ties, barbed wire, and barricaded with metal chairs and desks, and the windows were covered over with newspaper and cardboard. Bike racks and metal chairs were also found blocking outside entrances. Penn remains focused on maintaining the safety and security of our campus," the spokesperson added in a statement.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

My kids are all grown now but if I was a parent, I would not be paying over $66,000 a year for my kid to go to University of Penn and get involved in this crap. I've seen a figure of $78,000. Maybe it's going up next year. A lot of times it does.

UPenn - Tuition & Fees, Net Price (collegetuitioncompare.com)

I was quite surprised at the number of students willing to jeopardize not only their school year but also future job opportunities. And for what?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I was quite surprised at the number of students willing to jeopardize not only their school year but also future job opportunities. And for what?

When you're radicalized you don't think. They aren't even listening to the muslim students who are saying that was the kind of people they fled from. They're afraid too.

What gets me is the faculty teaching them this and backing them. No way would I pay for a kid to go to that school. Or their student loans. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, susieice said:

What gets me is the faculty teaching them this and backing them. No way would I pay for a kid to go to that school.

A number of professors apparently have questionable affiliations. Did you see this story? There was one at Columbia who led a dual life as computer science professor and a supporter of Palestinian Islamic Jihad. He was deported to Turkey after serving federal prison time, and his wife who pleaded guilty recently to providing support for terrorists, joined protesters at Columbia University.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/columbia-rot-display-deported-terrorist-professor-praises-wife-joining-mob

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

A number of professors apparently have questionable affiliations. Did you see this story? There was one at Columbia who led a dual life as computer science professor and a supporter of Palestinian Islamic Jihad. He was deported to Turkey after serving federal prison time, and his wife who pleaded guilty recently to providing support for terrorists, joined protesters at Columbia University.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/columbia-rot-display-deported-terrorist-professor-praises-wife-joining-mob

Thanks. I hadn't seen that story. From your article......The school lied to try and cover up or they knew other people were coming on campus. I fear it will digress to that bottom line I copied.

Police said the woman they referenced was not accused of any criminal wrongdoing, but it was not immediately clear how or why she was able to access the encampment. The campus was on lockdown and only open to students and faculty and for limited visits by the media.

"Whoever brought her in wanted her to be seen," said Liora Rez, the founder and executive director of StopAntisemitism, a watchdog organization. "It's spreading like wildfire now that a convicted terrorist's spouse was allowed to enjoy a beautiful day in New York on campus, openly, without any consequences, despite the fact that Columbia's administrators swore up and down that only students and faculty were allowed on campus."

Police said one of them, 39-year-old Atah Othman, brought a gun to one of the demonstrations on school property.

• Thanks 2