Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

College campuses are in chaos with arrests being made all over the US

susieice

UCLA had requested police to assist after "horrific acts of violence" occurred on campus. It isn't reported if UCLA has requested police presence to remain on campus.

UCLA Protests Erupt in Violence, as University Calls in LAPD - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 4/29/2024 at 8:26 PM, qxcontinuum said:

The antisemitism is exactly as the Bible says it will be at the end of times and a lot of the events unfolding now remind me of the book of revelation.

My friend is convinced it is the beginning of the end of times.   I hope humans smarten up and this crazy crap stops

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Myles said:

Hitler, AKA Biden is already president. 

Yeah.  I hear staunch Trump supporter MTG voted against the anti-Semitism bill in Congress because Jesus was crucified by Jews.  Sounds pretty MAGA doesn't it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Columbia has lost mega donors and the Alumni Association has sent a letter that includes suspending faculty members. Corporations who hire graduates from these schools are also doing some rethinking.

Sorry. No one is going to tell me that those professors aren't aware of the slogans those students are using, where they came from and what they mean. Any other time they're all woke with masters degrees in sensitivity training. They know exactly what they are encouraging. 

Columbia alumni tell president to order in cops and suspend faculty who support pro-terror mob (msn.com)

Business Owners Refuse to Hire Columbia Grads After Pro-Palestinian Protest (msn.com)

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

I just turned on CNN to take a look and there's breaking news. The protests at UCLA have been declared illegal and police are standing by. There may be another situation developing. It isn't on their website yet but it's live on TV.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Setton said:

I don't know what you mean about cards.

The point is that no protestors protest everything they might disagree with at once.

It's not anti-Semitism. And saying it is diminishes the meaning of the word. That's how people like me get accused of anti-Semitism on this forum for daring to criticise Israel.*

*Which is also not anti-Semitism, however hard Netanyahu and his ultra right nuts claim it is.

Well, shouting death to zionists sounds pretty clear to me. Police are getting ready to go into UCLA now.

39 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yeah.  I hear staunch Trump supporter MTG voted against the anti-Semitism bill in Congress because Jesus was crucified by Jews.  Sounds pretty MAGA doesn't it? 

House Republicans don't seem to be paying her much mind.

Republicans dismissive of Greene’s plan to oust House speaker (msn.com)

Posted (edited)

CNN is back live at UCLA and they say there is a massive police presence. They just said they expect police to go into the encampment sometime tonight. There's large groups of protesters on both sides of the encampment and police are lining up now. Tonight it's all pro-Palestinian protesters. UCLA was very violent last night. Police say they recovered weapons including chains and box cutters among other things. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They have a corporate head on now and he's talking about the high resolution imagery being made at these protests. They get a resume. They hire a firm to look at the films. If you are caught on film fighting with police or breaking into a building, your resume goes in the garbage. They can get someone else just as good and you just lost a chance. You are on film for the rest of your life. There's hundreds of thousands of applicants that didn't do this.

A lot of corporations do this. They can afford to be particular in who they hire. He just made it clear he won't hire any of them. A lot of corporate heads have said this although there are some who probably will. What a warning.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

CNN is back live at UCLA and they say there is a massive police presence. They just said they expect police to go into the encampment sometime tonight. There's large groups of protesters on both sides of the encampment and police are lining up now. Tonight it's all pro-Palestinian protesters. UCLA was very violent last night. Police say they recovered weapons including chains and box cutters among other things. 

Hi Susie,

I still think that these protests are milquetoast compared to the BLM protests. The big difference is the racism that is fueling these protests.

• Like 1

Here's a live link to UCLA. It isn't CNN but they just reported more police are lining up including CA Highway Patrol. They haven't move on campus yet.

Posted (edited)

CNN is releasing it's live updates now. Video is at top of link. It's from about an hour ago. State Police also went into the University of New Hampshire and Dartmouth tonight.

Live updates: Pro-Palestinian university protests at Columbia, UCLA, UT, campuses amid Israel's war in Gaza (cnn.com)

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's a much better video. They're expected to move soon now. There's a lot of helicopter activity in the area.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

There's hundreds and hundreds of people surrounding the encampment. This might get bad. Police haven't moved in yet. They just said things have been thrown at police.

Edited by susieice

Posted (edited)

And Isreal wins once again. Bibi has played the US like a cheap fiddle.

Edit to add Canada as well.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think this may take a while. The Daily Bruin said medics should be ready by 1 AM. It could just be rumor. They also said there is a parking garage nearby that's full of Highway Patrol cars. No one really knows. There's so many people! A lot of helicopter noise. Just me thinking but I wonder if they may call out the National Guard because of the huge size of the crowd. 

Edited by susieice

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

And Isreal wins once again. Bibi has played the US like a cheap fiddle.

Edit to add Canada as well.

Canadian colleges are protesting. 
This is crazy.

Amid on-campus tensions brought on by Israel-Hamas war, experts worry about free expression | CBC News

Edited by susieice

FOX is reporting drones in the area. The students have built a plywood wall around the encampment. 

It's good to see our youth trying to stop the violence. I'm proud of them. They understand the danger. I may join them, soon, as I did during the Occupy Wall Street movement.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's FOX 11. This is from a helicopter. More cops are moving in.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

FOX is saying there are huge units of police in riot gear that are not yet at the campus but surrounding it. There's at least 7 or 8 buses to transport the people who are expected to be arrested. I have no idea when they are going to make their move. This is a long night.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, susieice said:

Well, shouting death to zionists sounds pretty clear to me. 

Then why did you talk about hostages instead of that?

Gaza campus protests spread to Chicago high schools, alarming Jewish students

Hundreds of students held sit-ins at Chicago public high schools in solidarity with Palestinians in Gaza on Wednesday, as anti-Israel protests trickled down from the college campuses that they’ve upended in recent weeks.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/gaza-campus-protests-spread-to-chicago-high-schools-alarming-jewish-students/

I'm all for younger students getting involved in social and other issues, but also think it a school's responsibility to educate and encourage critical thinking on those issues, and to make it clear that antisemitism and Islamophobia have no place in protests, or anywhere else for that matter.

• Like 1

'Go back to Europe': Anti-Israel protesters punch Israel activist in head at UC Berkeley

Students Supporting Israel founder Ilan Sinelnikov was repeatedly punched in the head at an anti-Israel encampment protest at the University of California, Berkeley, on Wednesday during a scuffle over an Israeli flag.

"Go back to Europe, colonizer," one anti-Israel protester yelled before a second attempted to take an Israeli flag from the counter-protesters.

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-799560

• Sad 1