Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Loch Ness Monster' captured on camera by Canadian couple

Posted (edited)

Great northern diver

Edit - actually, more likely a black throated diver.    For some reason I always mix those 2 up!  

Edited by Essan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The photo is rubbish!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Essan said:

Great northern diver

Edit - actually, more likely a black throated diver.    For some reason I always mix those 2 up!  

Yeah look like a loon...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

The photo is rubbish!

Have the same cloaking device than bigfoot...

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Yeah look like a loon...

And it's not the only one.  I'd say a few people who think this is the LNM might look like loons as well.

• Like 1

didn't have a name for it but was going to go for the bird option.
  • Like 2

It's all so frustrating.  Either they weren't asked, or the journo didn't report, the specific circumstances of the sighting.  I don't care about your kid and the cookies; you wouldn't be in an article but for the sighting, so stay on topic.  Can they be bothered to describe their distance from the creature, maybe, or most-fundamentally why they don't think it was a common loon, otter, etc.?  There are many creatures in Loch Ness, and it would be, you, know, dispositive of even the small amount of attention being paid.

"“I believe that we saw something that could be Nessie, and that is a very broad possibility.”"

Why?  And wtf does that even mean?  I think we can all agree that Canadians need to be banned from everything.

• Haha 4

Waves, sturgeon, floating log, seal, otter, etc.

Take your pick. Move along now.

• Like 5

Aww, Nessie has shrunk down to extra small size--shrinkflation?   

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cho Jinn said:

It's all so frustrating.  Either they weren't asked, or the journo didn't report, the specific circumstances of the sighting.  I don't care about your kid and the cookies; you wouldn't be in an article but for the sighting, so stay on topic.  Can they be bothered to describe their distance from the creature, maybe, or most-fundamentally why they don't think it was a common loon, otter, etc.?  There are many creatures in Loch Ness, and it would be, you, know, dispositive of even the small amount of attention being paid.

"“I believe that we saw something that could be Nessie, and that is a very broad possibility.”"

Why?  And wtf does that even mean?  I think we can all agree that Canadians need to be banned from everything.

image.jpeg.f0bc78faa387a775123836e4729ce8cf.jpeg

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Cho Jinn said:

It's not about a mysterious unknown lake monster which of course doesn't exist, nessie is many different things all known and mundane,

Experiences like this are more about keeping interest in the phenomenon to keep tourists coming and tourist dollars flowing since it's not about hunting a creature that doesn't exist tech info is replaced with how much their lil booger miner likes cookies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I'll say it once and I'll say it again.

If such a large creature did exist in the Loch, there'd be breeding population of them and would've been found by now.

Like for real, people have no problem seeing whales in the ocean all the time but we can't find a large creature in a lake???

Nessie is just folklore and a tourist attraction. Nothing more.

Edited by MysteryMike
  • Thanks 3

"compelling evidence" .:P

compelling - to who.  

evidence - of what. 

• Like 2

A seal or a bird probably. Analysis of the Loch recently showed eel DNA which would explain many of the previous sightings. It's good for the tourist industry to perpetuate the myth but it's nothing more than a bit of fun with visitors. Loch Ness is by no means the most picturesque Loch in Scotland and yet people flock there for a glimpse of Nessie. Each to their own. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanchez710 said:

A seal or a bird probably. Analysis of the Loch recently showed eel DNA which would explain many of the previous sightings. It's good for the tourist industry to perpetuate the myth but it's nothing more than a bit of fun with visitors. Loch Ness is by no means the most picturesque Loch in Scotland and yet people flock there for a glimpse of Nessie. Each to their own. 

I live in a little town in Florida where the downtown taverns stop serving at midnight, I don't drink but do earn a living in clubs,

There is a huge lake I joked with my wife saying if I fake a lake monster it will catch on with bandwagon effect and maybe bring this town at least into the 21 century.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

I live in a little town in Florida where the downtown taverns stop serving at midnight, I don't drink but do earn a living in clubs,

There is a huge lake I joked with my wife saying if I fake a lake monster it will catch on with bandwagon effect and maybe bring this town at least into the 21 century.

Business would be booming! Worth a try, have you got a name for your Lake Monster yet?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sanchez710 said:

Business would be booming! Worth a try, have you got a name for your Lake Monster yet?

It's lake eustis so eussie might work,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

"compelling evidence" .:P

compelling - to who.  

Probably Papa G

evidence - of what. 

Ooh, it doesn't really matter - his 'ometer' will be reading 70% real, regardless.

• Haha 3

My Sunday poop on the toilet looks more like Nessie.

Even if Nessie by the chance did exist. I'd rather it not be found because anything we discover, we simply just proceed to destroy.

Gotta love being human.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, MysteryMike said:

Even if Nessie by the chance did exist. I'd rather it not be found because anything we discover, we simply just proceed to destroy.

Gotta love being human.

While I do not think what I'm gonna say is true I used to kind of like to pretend Peter Byrne did find Bigfoot but thinking humans would destroy it keep it to himself.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Looks really small to me, like a water bird. The tree gives away the scale of it.

Think Essan nailed it first post.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To every skeptic in this thread, the answer is clear: This is a baby.

Rejoice! After 1500 years, the monster found a mate in the loch. 😁