Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Dream came true

I had a dream about a vampire called Warboys. He hung out on wasteland in London. There were lots of car tyres in this wasteland.

A few weeks later a guy called Warboys (a London cabbie) was arrested and charged with multiple acts of rape. He would drug his passengers and take them to wasteland.

Just one event in my amazing life...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, albie said:

I had a dream about a vampire called Warboys. He hung out on wasteland in London. There were lots of car tyres in this wasteland.

A few weeks later a guy called Warboys (a London cabbie) was arrested and charged with multiple acts of rape. He would drug his passengers and take them to wasteland.

John Worboys was convicted back in 2009.

So if you saw the Black Cab rapist around 2007 or before. Why are you now coming out? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Why are you now coming out? 

Isn't it just normal to tell interesting stories from our past?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, albie said:

I once saw a film with characters called warboys, and while they didn't drink blood like some Anne rice novel heros they did steal it and use it they did hang out in a wasteland,

YOu7xCT3nc5iVcgv4nGZ8YWcmo52X54l6Ss=&ris

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2024 at 3:01 PM, Piney said:

John Worboys was convicted back in 2009.

So if you saw the Black Cab rapist around 2007 or before. Why are you now coming out? 

Hard to find forums that deal in this stuff. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, albie said:

Hard to find forums that deal in this stuff. 

This one's been around that long and I've been a member here longer.

You might even find a thread on this in the true crime subforum.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2024 at 8:09 AM, albie said:

I didn't dream...I had a real life experience on the highway one day a long time ago.  A refrigerator truck I  passed!  Gave me goose bumps...I just really felt something 'evil'  about that truck.  I wanted to call the police, but then I thought, No, that's just paranoia...you can't call the police because you feel something is evil without any kind of cause.  Some time later, several weeks maybe...I heard this story about a serial killer and the police thought he might be a refrigerator truck driver.  Because some of the women were found 100s of miles from where they went missing   and the decomposition rate didn't make sense.  

I have always wondered about that.  I think I was right, you cannot just call the police and report a certain truck gave you goose bumps.  Probably nothing to do with that truck anyway.  Memory is a horrible indicator of cause of experience   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, joc said:

I didn't dream...I had a real life experience on the highway one day a long time ago.  A refrigerator truck I  passed!  Gave me goose bumps...I just really felt something 'evil'  about that truck.  I wanted to call the police, but then I thought, No, that's just paranoia...you can't call the police because you feel something is evil without any kind of cause.  Some time later, several weeks maybe...I heard this story about a serial killer and the police thought he might be a refrigerator truck driver.  Because some of the women were found 100s of miles from where they went missing   and the decomposition rate didn't make sense.  

I have always wondered about that.  I think I was right, you cannot just call the police and report a certain truck gave you goose bumps.  Probably nothing to do with that truck anyway.  Memory is a horrible indicator of cause of experience   

I'm a big believer in listening to your gut instinct. If something 'feels off ' it probably is.thing is your brain or logic tends to over rule the gut instinct.

You were in a no win situation there anyway.cops wouldn't investigate on a feeling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, joc said:

Probably nothing to do with that truck anyway.  Memory is a horrible indicator of cause of experience   

But I'm pretty sure you do believe there was a possible connection. There is something to these gut feelings, whether it's paranormal or just instinct, it is real and it helps us survive.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, openozy said:

But I'm pretty sure you do believe there was a possible connection. There is something to these gut feelings, whether it's paranormal or just instinct, it is real and it helps us survive.

I have no belief about it one way or the other.  It's just one of those strange occurrences that make you go...hmmmmm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

I have no belief about it one way or the other.  It's just one of those strange occurrences that make you go...hmmmmm.

Yeah I have heaps of them.

• Like 3

On 5/11/2024 at 10:12 AM, joc said:

So a truck gave you heebie jeebies then weeks later heard maybe a serial killer chilled his victims because decompositions rates didn't add up, kind of reaching.

You made the event you heard about fit a memory, now if the cops showed the killers vanity plate was b-eating u and you saw that tag on the truck and grabbed a pic that would be wild.

• Like 1

I didn't make anything. The event did fit the memory. However, that does not mean at all that the event and the memory are linked in any way. If anything, it is coincidental like when you think about someone you haven't seen in a long time and then the phone rings and it's them.  They didn't call you because you were thinking about them. And you weren't thinking about them because they were calling you. Just two random events that seem to be linked when in actuality they're not.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have had some interesting precognitive-seeming dream experiences in my life. I am actually really sceptical of the phenomenon but dreams can be strange.

Once, I was about to drive to a place just south of Atlanta, GA from Jacksonville. This was because Hurricane Frances was approaching and we were trying leave for the storm. My mom was along for the ride and we were going to her sister's place in Jackson, Georgia (really weird little town with a truck stop)

The day before the storm, two events happened. I saw a tornado. It was an EF3. But, I also had a dream that night.

In the dream, I was driving over a small bridge that exists near my old house during the hurricane and the traffic lights were blowing around in the strong gusts of wind and there was no electricity so they were all out. And I saw a giant lightning bolt thrash across the sky.

Cool dream, but I wouldn't be there for the hurricane anyway (my mom really wanted to get out of town but I am personally the 'ride it out' guy in all but extreme circumstances but I didn't mind being the driver). We drove to Jackson, Georgia. It is about a five-hour drive. We stayed a night. Then, my mom and her sister got into a giant argument (I don't remember what it was about but they weren't always on good terms). I drove back to Jacksonville with my mom in tow (my girlfriend at the time was along, too). I drove straight into Jacksonville as the storm was hitting and I drove over that bridge and the traffic lights were out and blowing in the wind.

I thought to myself, if I see a horizontal lightning bolt, too, I'd probably be in the Twilight Zone. The lightning bolt happened. Dreams are strange.

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

I didn't make anything. The event did fit the memory. However, that does not mean at all that the event and the memory are linked in any way. If anything, it is coincidental like when you think about someone you haven't seen in a long time and then the phone rings and it's them.  They didn't call you because you were thinking about them. And you weren't thinking about them because they were calling you. Just two random events that seem to be linked when in actuality they're not.

Yeah, I think it's part of how the mind works, my wife will get down right paranoid nerotic with some of that stuff,

Oddly the last couple years or so very stressful and I seem to be having more and more such type things, but I'm not making any jumps to the true believers camp just yet.

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

but I'm not making any jumps to the true believers camp just yet.

Perish the thought 🤣.

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Yeah, I think it's part of how the mind works, my wife will get down right paranoid nerotic with some of that stuff,

Oddly the last couple years or so very stressful and I seem to be having more and more such type things, but I'm not making any jumps to the true believers camp just yet.

I am not in any believers camp.  I am also not in any nonbelievers camp.  I am from the 'I have no beliefs' camp.  Belief and Unbelief are two sides of the same coin.  There are things we know, and things we don't know.  And then there is belief.  Belief is where we decide a thing is true when it cannot be proven to be so.  I'm good with knowing stuff and not knowing stuff. B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

I am not in any believers camp.  I am also not in any nonbelievers camp.  I am from the 'I have no beliefs' camp.  Belief and Unbelief are two sides of the same coin.  There are things we know, and things we don't know.  And then there is belief.  Belief is where we decide a thing is true when it cannot be proven to be so.  I'm good with knowing stuff and not knowing stuff. B)

Yeah, beliefs isn't anything I subscribe to I would rather know or it doesn't count, doesn't matter true believers get in kicker knots and rebuttle with they do "know" their alleged unsupported paranormal experiences are fact not beliefs so I guess to them belief is fact , it's about perspective.

I do not mean in your case but I've heard countless tales about some event happens and then the person recalls a dream that for told the event the rub for me is we never heard about the dream then have the event take place, well it did sorta with my wife,

She seldom shares dreams with me in fact sometimes she makes fun of me being in here, I recall her saying she had a dream we were at some weird industrial complex with apts etc she described it with basic dream like details then about a month later we go to help a buddy stranded at his work and the area even hit me that it seemed like what she described in her dream,

But my OCD did notice when we were there she filled in blanks she hadn't shared with me and I think its that way in a lot of cases memories are not stable dreams fade and people do fill in and make it fit.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

memories are not stable dreams fade and people do fill in and make it fit.

I would wager that the majority of people don't have much of a clue really about what memory actually is.  By the very nature of memory, memory is completely fallible.  

Much of our memory consists of things that never happened.  So, the question then is:  How do we know when our memory is correct and when it is not?  The answer is...we really don't.  But the way our subconscious mind works, as you said, is to 'fill in the gaps'.  Overall, one of the most important aspects of the subconscious is to provide the Conscious mind with support for the current thought process.  It is how we reason.  The subconscious searches and finds 'memory' to support the conscious thought process...and often the conscious mind will combine memories and re-sort them to fit the current thought.  Especially when we talk about things like 'gut feelings'.  Really, any 'feelings'.  Memory will even regenerate to answer such questions in a way as to uphold the conscious thought.   

Gut feelings are actually a subconscious response to fear.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

true believers get in kicker knots and rebuttle with they do "know" their alleged unsupported paranormal experiences are fact not beliefs so I guess to them belief is fact , it's about perspective.

I use to attend a church where the preacher was fond of asking the congregation, 'Do you know, that you know, that you know?'

That question is actually pretty silly.  Because...knowledge is what we know that can be proven.  Everything else is belief.

Two coins.  Two sides of each coin.

The Knowledge Coin:  Side one, things we know to be true.  Side two, things we don't know to be true.

The Belief Coin:  Side one, things we believe are true without proof.  Side two, things we believe are not true, with no proof.

So when we make a decision to trust the second coin...heads or tails...we lose.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 3:12 PM, joc said:

Once I drew a picture of an open door. I realised I'd drawn a picture of my back door. Next day I came home from a walk and that very same door was wide open. I'd been burgled. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why did you draw a picture of a door?  You obviously weren't sitting by your back door with the intent of capturing it...otherwise you wouldn't have 'realized' what it was.  

So here are the questions:  Did you see something happening before it happened?  Maybe.  I have seen lots of things happening before they actually happened.  If you can visualize in your own head a thing happening...then...there is a possibility of it happening.  Hence...I just had a feeling that was going to happen.  However, there is no connection between what happened and  the picture of your backdoor...aside from the probability that at sometime you considered the backdoor a vulnerable entry point for burglary.  There is the fear...the mind does the rest.  

There is no future, it doesn't exist.  So, your fear was realized because you didn't act on it when it first appeared in your mind.  Thoughts?

Edited by joc

23 hours ago, joc said:

Why did you draw a picture of a door?  You obviously weren't sitting by your back door with the intent of capturing it...otherwise you wouldn't have 'realized' what it was.  

So here are the questions:  Did you see something happening before it happened?  Maybe.  I have seen lots of things happening before they actually happened.  If you can visualize in your own head a thing happening...then...there is a possibility of it happening.  Hence...I just had a feeling that was going to happen.  However, there is no connection between what happened and  the picture of your backdoor...aside from the probability that at sometime you considered the backdoor a vulnerable entry point for burglary.  There is the fear...the mind does the rest.  

There is no future, it doesn't exist.  So, your fear was realized because you didn't act on it when it first appeared in your mind.  Thoughts?

I don't know why I drew a door. I'm more a faces drawer. I didn't make the connection at the time that I was going to be burlged. It's not something I worry about. The future doesn't exist? No but maybe I picked up on the thoughts of someone planning to burgle me. I live in a converted house and there are around ten flats all with access to my back door. 

1 hour ago, albie said:

I don't know why I drew a door. I'm more a faces drawer. I didn't make the connection at the time that I was going to be burlged. It's not something I worry about. The future doesn't exist? No but maybe I picked up on the thoughts of someone planning to burgle me. I live in a converted house and there are around ten flats all with access to my back door. 

No you most certainly did not pick up on thoughts of someone that was going to burgle you. That didn't happen. That cannot happen. It is impossible for that to happen. 

This has been discussed in several different threads but the power of brain waves is not substantial enough for them to leave your head.

I don't know why you drew a door. You don't know why you drew a door. You drew a door. It's pure coincidence that someone broke through the back door of your house and robbed you and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you drew a picture of a door.

• Thanks 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a door a back door likely the number one place a break in happens?

I openly admit the last couple years I'm in decline and it sure isn't mixing well with my mental issues of stuff like drdp, nerves. PTSD , OCD, etc,

Coincidence is an odd thing today for example we went to eat at a buffet joint we hit more than once a week, sitting across from us a young man eating alone had his arm all wrapped up in a sling, he had one plate a bailed, i have a mess in my head and had a quick thought ive never seen anyone there before with a hurt arm and in my minds eye I see a person with ahurtcarm come in, this is typical of my racy brain but damned if a single lady didn't come in and get seated at the table the guy left and she had a very similar arm illment, cool huh?

• Like 1