Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre footage shows alleged 'goblin' running across a road in Mexico

UM-Bot

A small sidebar.....

Almost all things in our complex world are pretty well understood, and they are documented.  If you wish to verify the existence and appearance of .. oh, say a giraffe, you can look it up, read books, and then finally and rather conclusively ... you can go visit a zoo to see one for yourself, perhaps even pat and feed it.

You don't need a single anecdote or story.  In fact, if asked to prove the existence of giraffes, it would of course be best to stick to all the extensive actual evidence and completely avoid anecdotes altogether.  That is kinda how real science works.

Initially, some folks, when hearing a description of this weird creature we call a giraffe, might not believe you at first.  So how would you verify it?  Well, I'd take them straight to a zoo - I would not pass Go..  Note how I immediately went for the very best possible proof?  I DIDN'T point out lots of stories about giraffes, I instantly gave my best evidence, the best example, the most well-evidenced proof.

So please ask yourself why Papa and others like him, will NEVER nominate the best evidence they know of, for their paranormal beliefs.

I'll tell you why.  It's because they know there ISN'T any conclusive evidence to support their campfire stories and anecdotes.  They know that anything they pick will be quickly debunked, and of course if their "best" is less than convincing.. well that simply proves they are presenting nothing but fiction.

I like giraffes.  Giraffes exist.  I've patted one.  ...  There may be a lesson in all of that somewhere.

My Chrlzs-o-meter says the Papameter is 100% worthless. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 5/11/2024 at 9:41 PM, Jon the frog said:

Nothing can beat cats videos...

You know once they grow thumbs we're ****ed. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

A small sidebar.....

Almost all things in our complex world are pretty well understood, and they are documented.  If you wish to verify the existence and appearance of .. oh, say a giraffe, you can look it up, read books, and then finally and rather conclusively ... you can go visit a zoo to see one for yourself, perhaps even pat and feed it.

You don't need a single anecdote or story.  In fact, if asked to prove the existence of giraffes, it would of course be best to stick to all the extensive actual evidence and completely avoid anecdotes altogether.  That is kinda how real science works.

Initially, some folks, when hearing a description of this weird creature we call a giraffe, might not believe you at first.  So how would you verify it?  Well, I'd take them straight to a zoo - I would not pass Go..  Note how I immediately went for the very best possible proof?  I DIDN'T point out lots of stories about giraffes, I instantly gave my best evidence, the best example, the most well-evidenced proof.

So please ask yourself why Papa and others like him, will NEVER nominate the best evidence they know of, for their paranormal beliefs.

I'll tell you why.  It's because they know there ISN'T any conclusive evidence to support their campfire stories and anecdotes.  They know that anything they pick will be quickly debunked, and of course if their "best" is less than convincing.. well that simply proves they are presenting nothing but fiction.

I like giraffes.  Giraffes exist.  I've patted one.  ...  There may be a lesson in all of that somewhere.

Wow very very well put, I can only imagine the kicker knots the true believers are getting from this one,

That's just it now isn't it, when we boil it down the true believers never have their giraffe only stories they yell at the sky and go ad hominem on skeptics for asking to see their giraffe, we are stupid head meanies for even asking wheres your giraffe.

I'm good with accepting all they have are stories why aren't they good with that too?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

A small sidebar.....

I want to give this more likes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Montello said:

chupacabras

That's as likely an explanation as any mythical creature or paranormal whatsit.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2024 at 10:08 PM, ChrLzs said:

A small sidebar.....

I don't believe in giraffes.

• Haha 4

And I don't think that's a very useful contribution.  May I have the money back that I just spent clicking on it?

• Haha 6

On 5/14/2024 at 4:51 AM, Montello said:

chupacabras

Let us know the next time you see one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Antigonos said:

Let us know the next time you see one.

Here's mine...over to the right

20190202_210142-744x744.jpg.fd048f8b075ea08004c5e5ca582a41e1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What is even the description of a chupacabra nowadays.years ago it was a creature with red glowing eyes ,sucked blood through a probossis.

Nowadays a coyote with mange can pass a a chupupacabra.

• Thanks 1

Something with a raised tail.  I was initially thinking of porcupine with raised spines, but skunk would be equally likely.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

What is even the description of a chupacabra nowadays.years ago it was a creature with red glowing eyes ,sucked blood through a probossis.

Nowadays a coyote with mange can pass a a chupupacabra.

Thank you!  the new one was just a cash grab to sell a stuffed on on feebay,

Even cryptozoology people like the late Richard greenwell didn't recognize the original chup as anything except folklore and myth, it blew up for a spell in Purto Rico, t shirts toys like the one I posted above. Even fast food joints, imagine eating at a place called goat suckers?

By the time my dad went to Purto Rico I asked him to grab me shirts toys etc he said there were none so he asked a shop owner who told him that it was a fad a trend that was embarrassing now

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have to ask... Why is it that we live in 2024 where camera phones are better than standard cameras we had just 10 years ago yet every time there is footage it looks like it was captured on a potato? lol

I have certainly seen worse than this video but I wanted to make that point before saying that this was likely a Mexican agouti. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like something pulled on a string to me. Some kind of small rolling toy.

Moves in a straight line. Doesnt appear to have any gait to it. On both sides of the road, the "feet" area doesnt seem to move at all.

Edited by DieChecker

Have there not been more of these?

In Argentina?

Great fun.

I suspect it is a rabbit.

Or maybe an armadillo?

But am fond of Goblin videos.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Amanda Evans said:

Have there not been more of these?

In Argentina?

Great fun.

I suspect it is a rabbit.

Or maybe an armadillo?

But am fond of Goblin videos.

There are lots of video out there most I call click bait most are grainy poor quality and show an out of focus blob that is hailed as some paranormal creature, and like you goblins are fun but not they likely explanation,

Somewhere on here is a thread about a creepy eye looking out a crack in a wall, I think it fake but pretty cool.

Edit to add, here it is...

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1