Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abraham Hicks 20 Years Later & The Law Of Attraction

Shuffletracker

Posted (edited)

I did this philosophy for about 20 years and in total, I didn't manifest the things I was requesting of Source for. It wasn't because I didn't try, it was because I didn't process the whole " allowing & expecting " procedure during the day and night, to me, which is required to come into alignment.

Also, I found the YouTube videos confusing and hard to understand. I am not bashing Abraham Hicks. I just found that it just wasn't for me anymore.

Interesting that no one talks about the Law Of Attraction anymore? Maybe it was just a fad? IDK. 

What are your thoughts on the Law of Attraction and Abraham Hicks? You can still find their books in the bookstores today. And what are your thoughts on "channeling"?

Thanks for reading this...

ST

Edited by Shuffletracker

15 minutes ago, Shuffletracker said:

What are your thoughts on the Law of Attraction and Abraham Hicks?

A complete scam. The whole mindset involved in that particular system is toxic to the max degree. I spent a good bit of my life in this stuff. Realize that having an intention or positive attitude was fine, but in order to make something real, you needed to do real world things. Basically it's just a wishful thinking version of goal setting. So as far as I'm concerned, Intention is what you want. Manifestation is what you do. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Now I want to try this with the intention of attracting disapointment.

If I acheived and received disapointment would it be a success?.... but then I wouldn't be disapointed with the experiment because it was successful.... which would mean the experiment of trying to attract disapointment was not a success afterall.

Maybe I should just leave this one to the experts.

(just fooling around. I couldn't help myself)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Shuffletracker said:

I did this philosophy for about 20 years and in total, I didn't manifest the things I was requesting of Source for. It wasn't because I didn't try, it was because I didn't process the whole " allowing & expecting " procedure during the day and night, to me, which is required to come into alignment.

Also, I found the YouTube videos confusing and hard to understand. I am not bashing Abraham Hicks. I just found that it just wasn't for me anymore.

Interesting that no one talks about the Law Of Attraction anymore? Maybe it was just a fad? IDK. 

What are your thoughts on the Law of Attraction and Abraham Hicks? You can still find their books in the bookstores today. And what are your thoughts on "channeling"?

ST

Did you, at any stage, contemplate doing actual work to achieve the things you wanted?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Shuffletracker said:

ST

The Power of Intention is far more effective than the Law of Attraction and I agree with @XenoFish 100 percent. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Did you, at any stage, contemplate doing actual work to achieve the things you wanted?

For a long time no, but I did reach some small goals later on as I lost faith in Esther's/Abraham's teachings. I hope I answered your question.

• Like 2

What I've noticed (for myself) is that whenever I set an intention. And I do mean really contemplate it over and over again. The first things that shift is cognition. I might notice something more and more. For example if you want a red hot rod, you might start noticing more red cars on the road. 

https://selfdefinition.org/science/Robert-Anton-Wilson-Prometheus-Rising.pdf

The above link is a good book with practical exercises. It'll help you understand your subjective reality tunnel. 

Going back to the 'law of attraction'. I spent years living in my cabin without having built it. I saw it in my mind, slept in the bed that was there, everything. Spent a few years in this imaginary cabin. In 2016 I was finally able to save up for it. Piece by piece, bit by bit. I now live in it. 

This is an example of 'living in the wish fulfilled'. However it is more or less a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Another thing to consider is if the visualization is nothing more than a fantasy or is it truly a desire/wish. Going to the quarter experiment in Prometheus Rising, I found a lot of pennies, nickels, and dimes. Very few quarters. I think this was mostly due to : Conscious-Quarter, Subconscious-Money. Type of psycho-dynamic. 

On a purely cognitive level positive thinking works, it works well when it is tempered with a heavy does of realist thinking. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

The Power of Intention is far more effective than the Law of Attraction and I agree with @XenoFish 100 percent. 

While I might not like Crowley as a person, he wasn't too bad as a magician. A bit too egotistic though and it was actually him who got me out of magick. After reading Magick in theory and practice, it was the intro that did it. 

Every intentional act is a magical act. 

With magick being about creating a change that conforms to one's will. Along with the further examples. That helped to created the schism between myself and the occult forums I was involved in. 

I guess people didn't like the advice of 'shave, shower, and get into shape' if you want that love spell to work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Feeling empowered by something to act and feeling content to sit around and wait for something good to happen are mutually incompatible. 

https://youtu.be/s3a7C9E8d5w?si=JtCY6kVhB4Vt8od9

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

While I might not like Crowley as a person, he wasn't too bad as a magician. A bit too egotistic though and it was actually him who got me out of magick. After reading Magick in theory and practice, it was the intro that did it. 

Every intentional act is a magical act. 

With magick being about creating a change that conforms to one's will. Along with the further examples. That helped to created the schism between myself and the occult forums I was involved in. 

I guess people didn't like the advice of 'shave, shower, and get into shape' if you want that love spell to work. 

Your right. But the narcotics severely limited his concentration and control.

And being raised in the warrior-religious caste I know every energy has a bs line 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Your right. But the narcotics severely limited his concentration and control.

Makes me wonder what he could've achieved had he not be so hedonistic.

On the subject of manifestation I think one of the major issues is quite literally the hype around it. People are sold that if they visualize and wish they'll get everything they want. No one tells people to start small. Finding quarters, a seat on the bus. Instead the idea they are fed is that they'll wake up tomorrow morning to find a duffle bag full of cash or whatever that wished for instantly. Last time I did a money spell, work got stupid busy. 16 hour days for months on end. Monkey's paw is a thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shuffletracker said:

For a long time no, but I did reach some small goals later on as I lost faith in Esther's/Abraham's teachings. I hope I answered your question.

It does.  Thank you.

I am sad you didn't realize that you were dealing with bunkum earlier.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

What I've noticed (for myself) is that whenever I set an intention. And I do mean really contemplate it over and over again. The first things that shift is cognition. I might notice something more and more. For example if you want a red hot rod, you might start noticing more red cars on the road. 

https://selfdefinition.org/science/Robert-Anton-Wilson-Prometheus-Rising.pdf

The above link is a good book with practical exercises. It'll help you understand your subjective reality tunnel. 

Going back to the 'law of attraction'. I spent years living in my cabin without having built it. I saw it in my mind, slept in the bed that was there, everything. Spent a few years in this imaginary cabin. In 2016 I was finally able to save up for it. Piece by piece, bit by bit. I now live in it. 

This is an example of 'living in the wish fulfilled'. However it is more or less a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Another thing to consider is if the visualization is nothing more than a fantasy or is it truly a desire/wish. Going to the quarter experiment in Prometheus Rising, I found a lot of pennies, nickels, and dimes. Very few quarters. I think this was mostly due to : Conscious-Quarter, Subconscious-Money. Type of psycho-dynamic. 

22 hours ago, Shuffletracker said:

ST

An add too:  

There is no scientific evidence to support Abraham Hicks' teachings on the Law of Attraction, the concepts are based on personal experiences and anecdotes rather than objective, verifiable data.

And, not everything that happens in life can be solely attributed to individual thoughts or vibrations like AH claims, the idea of the Law of Attraction nurtures a victim mentality by suggesting that individuals are solely responsible for every single thing  that happens to them, overlooking that challenges and realistically hardships are not always within one’s control. 

Good that you moved on. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 2

Its been a long time, but I have a childhood memory of being lectured that "faith without works is dead"  Wisdom from a couple of millennia ago.  In my experience, setting goals and having intentions propel you if you take action when opportunities present themselves.       

When you are looking, you see a lot of opportunities for action that advance you toward a goal.  Opportunities do not magically appear, they are always there, the change comes when you start looking.   I never found a way to escape doing the work though, and you might even find you enjoy it.

• Like 3

On 5/11/2024 at 9:28 PM, Shuffletracker said:

ST

I never felt that whole, "Law of Attraction" thing. It never resonated with me.

But, if you can put all your Spiritual Practice into, "not thinking any bad thoughts", then you will succeed in anything you try. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I never felt that whole, "Law of Attraction" thing. It never resonated with me.

But, if you can put all your Spiritual Practice into, "not thinking any bad thoughts", then you will succeed in anything you try. 

I can think of 6 million Jews who would beg to differ with you--but they're all dead.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Now I see why you and I are on opposite sides. Generally speaking. 

Instead of shaping reality to what I believe, my approach is to shape my beliefs in accordance with what reality actually is. Realizing that my perception of reality may not be 100% accurate at any given time. Which requires my beliefs to continually adjust. Hopefully in the right direction.

22 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Instead of shaping reality to what I believe, my approach is to shape my beliefs in accordance with what reality actually is. Realizing that my perception of reality may not be 100% accurate at any given time. Which requires my beliefs to continually adjust. Hopefully in the right direction.

Did you even read that link? 

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Did you even read that link? 

Yes 

47 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Yes 

Then I can ascertain that your statement is false.

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then I can ascertain that your statement is false.

I understand. Everyone's free to ascertain and believe what they please.

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

Really? 

cormac

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Really? 

cormac

That's right. I'll say this though. I'm pretty sure everyone does it. Shapes their beliefs in accordance with what they think reality really is.

But the problem is, everyone has a different perception of what reality really is. 

Do you disagree with that?