Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New trend: Blocking celebrities who didn't take pro-Palestinian stance at Met Gala

Kittens Are Jerks

New trend: Blocking celebrities who didn't take pro-Palestinian stance at Met Gala

A new anti-Israel trend emerged on social media platforms to boycott and block celebrities who have not made political statements regarding the Israel-Hamas war in an attempt to place pressure on them to take a stance on the conflict.

The trend became popular following the annual celebrity Met Gala event in New York City that took place last week and began due to the lack of political statements made by celebrities attending the event. Videos surged throughout social media platforms after the event, slamming the celebrities for not taking a pro-Palestinian stance.

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-801041

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

They're threatening Hollywood? This will be interesting.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, and-then said:

So, the kind, gentle, "let's coexist" crowd strikes again.  Hypocrites as well as ignorant hate-vessels...

Ah yes, the fringe side of social media that no one would even know if not posted here.  Meanwhile, "Jews will not replace us" was defended by the right.

• Like 3

"Burn Holywood, burn, into the grooooound eee " 

Humans are tribal and if there was ever any evidence the media further sows division it's headlines and stories like this.

Humanity needs to be able to talk about big issues in a more healthy way, it ends up leading to war.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

A new anti-Israel trend emerged on social media platforms to boycott and block celebrities who have not made political statements regarding the Israel-Hamas war in an attempt to place pressure on them to take a stance on the conflict.

The trend became popular following the annual celebrity Met Gala event in New York City that took place last week and began due to the lack of political statements made by celebrities attending the event. Videos surged throughout social media platforms after the event, slamming the celebrities for not taking a pro-Palestinian stance.

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-801041

We should actively support those celebrities to tell the terrorist lovers where to go.  Oh, and vote for Israel at Eurovision, you European folks.  Send a message that you loathe terrorists and their supporters.  Eurovision looks like a horror show this year.

• Like 3

If you're going to have a go at Kylie Minogue you will have to go through me first. 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

We should actively support those celebrities to tell the terrorist lovers where to go.  Oh, and vote for Israel at Eurovision, you European folks.  Send a message that you loathe terrorists and their supporters.  Eurovision looks like a horror show this year.

Israel got the top number of public votes from around the world. You couldn't even hear her over the jeers and heckling of the rude audience.  Poor girl.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Eurovision HAS to be the night of the year where various Fetishists get the most frisky. Every single kink I can imagine was pandered to at least once. 

• Like 4

On 5/13/2024 at 10:22 PM, susieice said:

They're threatening Hollywood? This will be interesting.

Hollywood is done, Disney is done.

Nobody wants to watch the woke crap being churned out by them.

A case of the irrelevant trying to be relevant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Litmus test. But they always say its not a litmus test. 

On 5/13/2024 at 6:41 PM, and-then said:

So, the kind, gentle, "let's coexist" crowd strikes again.  Hypocrites as well as ignorant hate-vessels...

Ive found those who put the "Coexist" sticker on their car, which has a cross on it, to be some of the most intolerant people. They rather actually worship the authoritarian left. But put up the sticker anyway.

On 5/13/2024 at 6:41 PM, and-then said:

Naw buddy, these were never the kind gentle let's coexist crowd.  These folks,are more judgmental and hateful than loving and merciful.  You have met your match at the opposite end of the spectrum.  We in the middle pity you both.  As long as haters get to hate, they don't care what the target is.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Disney+ is currently experiencing record memberships. 

Funny, I just cut it off as I learned that. Thinking of Paramount instead.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 12:12 AM, psyche101 said:

Disney+ is currently experiencing record memberships. 

Funny, I just cut it off as I learned that. Thinking of Paramount instead.

Its heading up, but was down much of 2023. Not yet back at their record though.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1095372/disney-plus-number-of-subscribers-us/

Screenshot_20240518_104404_Chrome.thumb.jpg.acf746db6596763b338adb616006ffe4.jpg

👍

Not sunk yet, but reeling from the lack of growth which they expected.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 3:46 AM, DieChecker said:

Its heading up, but was down much of 2023. Not yet back at their record though.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1095372/disney-plus-number-of-subscribers-us/

Screenshot_20240518_104404_Chrome.thumb.jpg.acf746db6596763b338adb616006ffe4.jpg

👍

Not sunk yet, but reeling from the lack of growth which they expected.

I heard it on the financial review after the news last week. 153 million is still pretty impressive. I tried to look at other at the link to see how Netflix and Amazon stack up but it wanted a membership.

I was surprised because I was leaving over no new content that appeals to me. Seems to focus on animation too much. I thought it had got rather boring. 

Tried the paramount trial. Pretty impressed so far, but I was keen to see the new start trek series. And catch up on Southpark. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

I like Paramount a lot.

Netflix is slowly dying. Spends too much on original anime, and other annimation. Heard they lost a bunch of money.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 6:09 AM, DieChecker said:

I like Paramount a lot.

Netflix is slowly dying. Spends too much on original anime, and other annimation. Heard they lost a bunch of money.

Paramount and Netflix is all I have connected now. 

I don't mind Netflix. Some really good series like The Gentleman and I'm liking the sci fi movies. First Rebel Moon and now Atlas, which I plan to watch this week. They rather impress me 

I like the live anime stuff too. I thought One Piece and Cowboy BeBop were great. 

• Like 1

I watched Cowboy Beebop back when it first came out. I liked the live action version, but many didnt.

One Piece, kind of turned into a slog for me. So many episodes i lost interest. I go back to it occationally and watch 3 or 4, before going to something else.

Ive heard both good and bad about Atlas, but the bad was from critics, who often are just pompous. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I watched Cowboy Beebop back when it first came out. I liked the live action version, but many didnt.

One Piece, kind of turned into a slog for me. So many episodes i lost interest. I go back to it occationally and watch 3 or 4, before going to something else.

Ive heard both good and bad about Atlas, but the bad was from critics, who often are just pompous. 

I hadn't seen the anime beebop but watched the live action first episode with my son who is a fan. He heard bad things too and was loathe to watch it, but after we saw the first episode he thought it was much better than he heard 

As you say critics tend to see the worst. The Marvel's got a bad rap, and was poorly marketed but I thought it was actually pretty good. Now madame Webb is getting high ratings on Netflix but I can't imagine anything saving that movie. It was awful. 

There is a live action one piece on Netflix. All actors. Only about eight episodes I think. It's worth checking out imo. But yes, the anime version is crazy, 3,000 episodes or something like that? That's a binge of epic proportions.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWL__W7QGPqMuu9QTJIHk

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 7:10 PM, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

The box office total from 2023 was 9 billion.

Really seems like a business that is "done" 

• Like 2