Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Am Considering Having A Tarot Reading Done...

Shuffletracker

I hear this tarot reader near me is pretty good, her fee is $40. This would be a face-to-face reading.

Also, I did an AI search on the benefits of having a tarot reading done and some of the benefits are having clarity, help reaching your goals & knowing yourself better. If this is true it's worth the $40 bucks.

Personally, I don't think the cards themselves have any supernatural properties to them and I feel that the skill of the reader is very important in the reading.

But at the same time, I feel this could be a complete waste of time.

Thoughts and opinions please?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes ,total waste of money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you had one done before?

• Confused 1

How much is $40 dollars to you?  If it is not a challenge, then do it or you will never know.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Shuffletracker said:

Have you had one done before?

Someone on this forum was offering readings,

Plenty of others were saying "ooh spot on, it's as if you know me ,etc".

So gave it a go...and as i expected..not a single hit,not even remotely close.

I was actually surprised,as i was expecting some coincidental things that apply to most people.

As tate says,if the money is not a challenge,go for it.

But i personally prefer to spend money on things i need.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shuffletracker said:

But at the same time, I feel this could be a complete waste of time.

To be honest, save you're money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Shuffletracker said:

Thoughts and opinions please?

I believe some people can make real connections. If $40 is not that big of a deal to your life, I say 'do it'. Remember to consider all you hear, filtered by your own intelligence.

I had a reading (not tarot) done recently for more than your amount and I felt the person was sincere and tried hard but did not really connect with much of interest. It wasn't a scam, but I wouldn't call it successful. You might be more fortunate.

Good luck. Let us know.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

As others have said, if you can afford it give it a go. All types of 'fortune tellers' vary in their abilities . . . you may strike lucky and get a really helpful one. I have had cards read for me twice and both gave me some practical advice; some information about me that they could not possibly have known, and some spiritual messages that have stayed with me and supported me when I am especially low.

You say that the one near you has a good reputation, so what's holding you back?! :D It could be the best $40 you ever spend!

• Like 2

I once attended a tarot reading (Tolkien world tarot cards) and I was impressed. I immediately decided to never have a tarot reading done: there is too much dark stuff in my mind that I do not want made known.

In the hand of an experienced and proficient psychologist it is one of the ultimate tools, in my opinion.

I hope you find a good tarot reader.

I do dream interpretations for 200 euro myself. (I wish.)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

To be honest, save you're money. 

Personally, that is what I would do.  But the cost  versus the curiosity is reasonable.  It might be a couple of hours worth of fun or insight.  Forty dollars is cheap to confirm your suspicions or possibly learn something valuable.  I've spent $40 in restaurants I never want to go back to.  I will be honest, I don't know any readers, but I suspect like most other spiritual advisors, they gain insight by looking at and talking to a person.  Then they tell you something that rings true.  Maybe that is useful.   

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Personally, that is what I would do.  But the cost  versus the curiosity is reasonable.  It might be a couple of hours worth of fun or insight.  Forty dollars is cheap to confirm your suspicions or possibly learn something valuable.  I've spent $40 in restaurants I never want to go back to.  I will be honest, I don't know any readers, but I suspect like most other spiritual advisors, they gain insight by looking at and talking to a person.  Then they tell you something that rings true.  Maybe that is useful.   

It really is up to the OP. If it a 'for fun' thing, why not. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It really is up to the OP. If it a 'for fun' thing, why not. 

It had better be for fun or curiosity only.  When one puts too much weight on things like this, it can be debilitating. .  As the song says, "The game never ends when your whole life depends on the turn of a friendly card."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

It had better be for fun or curiosity only.  When one puts too much weight on things like this, it can be debilitating. .  As the song says, "The game never ends when your whole life depends on the turn of a friendly card."

I know a lot about Tarot Cards!   Actually, I read a lot, just now... about Tarot Cards in this Wiki Article...link

Basically a history of the Cards and Readers and meanings and the card depictions themselves. 

The ultimate read I think is not what the Card Reader interprets but rather what the person having the reading steps away with.  I would think in the end it is a lot like the Rorschach test.  That's not in the Wiki Article, it's just what I think.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

I was a Tarot card reader at a haunted house venue for many years.

Basically, it's just advice... something that can get you thinking in new ways to get yourself "unstuck" from your life -- the same kind of advice you can get from friends, counselors, relatives, etc.  The cards give you symbols and images that may suggest a certain person or action to take.

For instance... one of my clients was an older woman who had lost her house (financial problems) and was living in a hotel.  The cards turned up the king of swords and I asked if there was an older male relative, sort of stern, but good with advice who sometimes acted as her protector.  This could have been anybody on the planet, but the wording suggested her brother to her.  She used that inspiration (and it could have meant a local businessman, someone in church, etc) to reach out to her brother for help and things worked out.

So use it as a "I'm stuck... let's think of something new" sort of thing.  But as "what will my future be like", it's terrible at guessing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I was a Tarot card reader at a haunted house venue for many years.

Basically, it's just advice... something that can get you thinking in new ways to get yourself "unstuck" from your life -- the same kind of advice you can get from friends, counselors, relatives, etc.  The cards give you symbols and images that may suggest a certain person or action to take.

For instance... one of my clients was an older woman who had lost her house (financial problems) and was living in a hotel.  The cards turned up the king of swords and I asked if there was an older male relative, sort of stern, but good with advice who sometimes acted as her protector.  This could have been anybody on the planet, but the wording suggested her brother to her.  She used that inspiration (and it could have meant a local businessman, someone in church, etc) to reach out to her brother for help and things worked out.

So use it as a "I'm stuck... let's think of something new" sort of thing.  But as "what will my future be like", it's terrible at guessing.

Very cool!:yes:

• Like 1

I'm sure not bragging I can and do scare people with cold readings, no cards, tea leaves, or bones needed, but cool props simply add to the showmanship

Just a few weeks ago a lady in a group of friends kept pushing me, I hadn't done one in a while but went ahead, she was perfect for cold readings and was sold quickly I have a gift, I do not, I even tossed a few lines at her friend and she gave me that look I nailed it

The lady tried to pay me I declined, she went off with her friends saying how did I know this or that, kind of makes me feel badly.

There was a time forty bucks was pocket change but now when I have to count change to eat tomorrow it's not something I would flush down a toilet.

• Like 1