Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrence Howard insists 1x1=2

OverSword

Terrence Howard has revealed his bizarre take on the world, and at the centre of it is the summation that one times one does not equal one, but two.

In a wide-ranging interview with Rolling Stone magazine, the Empire actor revealed he has spent years working on his own logic which he has recorded in a language of symbols called Terryology, which will not be shared with the wider world until his work is patented.

Link

Here is his reasoning

If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told its two, and that cannot be."

Anyone want to take this on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love this.

A pregnant horse will run faster because it has 2 Horsepower!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Is he going to become some kind of cult leader?

face·palm
/ˈfāsˌpä(l)m/
INFORMAL
noun

1. a gesture in which the palm of one's hand is brought to one's face, as an expression of disbelief, shame, or exasperation.
    "I'm pretty sure said friend now thinks Anne and I are dating—facepalm!"

verb

1. bring the palm of one's hand to one's face, as an expression of disbelief, shame, or exasperation.
    "how many times did she facepalm during the hearing?"
Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Hey look, someone has made Tom Cruze look positively sane. Bravo. 
So 1x1 has to mean 2 so two has meaning … whereas 1x1 implies the further existence of 1x2 and even … shockingly … 2x2. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Link

Here is his reasoning

Anyone want to take this on?

Why does anyone care whether an actor understands math or not?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, but the last time someone went “why should we care if that musician/suthor/whatever understands what they’re going on about …” we got Helter Skelter and “Happiology” so it’s best to keep an eye on what may become a cult.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Forreal though, it's like undiagnosed/untreated mental illness.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

He's actually not an uneducated person.  He talks in circles but he does so pretty eloquently.

• Like 1

1x1=1x2-1=1+2-1=1x0=1

In theory what he is proposing might work but it is a very big if.

To avoid getting overly technical all he has really done is redefine how an operation works which is really common in higher level mathematics.  If what he changed stays logically consistent or not is a whole other matter which I don't want to even think about cause for this to even have a tiny chance of working I suspect a lot of other stuff would also need to be redefined.

What I can say with near certainty is his system would almost certainly lose a lot of mathematical properties that are extremely nice to have.

1 times any other number is that number.  1x132 = 132.

Any number divided by one is that number.  100/1 = 100

Therefore. 1x1 =1

Terrence is wrong. He no right in head!🤠

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 doesn't have an exact square root.

• Like 1

He's been on about this for decades

17 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, but the last time someone went “why should we care if that musician/suthor/whatever understands what they’re going on about …” we got Helter Skelter and “Happiology” so it’s best to keep an eye on what may become a cult.

Very few cult are started by actors that actually are well known and are making a decent living.   Now I have to go see what "Happiology" is.   Charles Manson and that crazy old coot that started the End Timers cult were not  famous actors, nor was the guy who made everyone in his group go to 3rd world country and kill themselves, nor the Heaven's Gate group or David Koresh.   So I assume you are making a joke.

17 hours ago, OverSword said:

He's actually not an uneducated person.  He talks in circles but he does so pretty eloquently.

So he is educated in the ways of circular logic.  I don't think that indicates he is actually educated, maybe miseducated or misunderstands what ever he reads.

• Like 1

He's still mad about getting fired from Marvel and Don Cheadle taking his job.

A friend asked me to watch this.  I'm about 30 minutes in.  Guy is weird AF.  But it is interesting.

I actually listened to some of the Rogan interview. The guy doesn't have a clue about physics or much of anything else, really. It's like he Wiki'd it all and just throws around terms randomly. I can't tell if the guy is mentally ill, just stupid or both. 

On 5/14/2024 at 3:58 PM, OverSword said:

Yup... and when Orange Man Bad does the same thing, people think the world is ending.  

The world has gotten so flaky lately that this guy actually COULD become the nexus for another cult.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2024 at 8:33 PM, joc said:

2 doesn't have an exact square root.

Rather than exact, you might say whole number or integer, but its a small matter.

• Thanks 2