Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Illegal alien committed voter fraud

Gromdor

So 66 year old JImmy Klass came to America when he was two years old and had an American dad- so he thought he was American.  He voted numerous times and only found out that he was an illegal alien after applying for Social Security and getting denied. Florida man finds out he’s not a citizen after over 60 years living in the US (clickorlando.com)

Should we charge this guy?  Should we deport him?  He openly admitted to voting (and thus breaking the law)  He talks about going back to work since he can't retire, but with Florida SB1718 being law now, that is against the law.  It might even be against the law to help him.  Should we treat him as a special case or should we treat him like other "Dreamers"?  

(If it matters- he is a Trump supporter)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So 66 year old JImmy Klass came to America when he was two years old and had an American dad- so he thought he was American.  He voted numerous times and only found out that he was an illegal alien after applying for Social Security and getting denied. Florida man finds out he’s not a citizen after over 60 years living in the US (clickorlando.com)

Should we charge this guy?  Should we deport him?  He openly admitted to voting (and thus breaking the law)  He talks about going back to work since he can't retire, but with Florida SB1718 being law now, that is against the law.  It might even be against the law to help him.  Should we treat him as a special case or should we treat him like other "Dreamers"?  

The biggest problem is that he is not alone in this.   There are many in his shoes and I think there should be some respite of the law for these people.  They were too young to decide to come to the U.S.  Many of them, like the guy in the article, had one U.S. born parent but no one knew that the U.S. does not do dual citizenship like the rest of the western world.   The only ones who get it are children of GI's who were born overseas and their parents filled out a lot of paperwork or they are given dual citizenship from another country after working there for years and applying for it, so they are still U.S. citizens as well as citizens of what ever country they are working in, but again, a lot of paperwork has to be filled out in the other country as well.  Any naturalized citizens in this country have to swear loyalty only to the U.S. as well.   Is that a thing when an immigrant asks to become a naturalized citizen of Australia?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Give the poor man citizenship. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Then we can't run the risk of allowing him to become a hypocrite.  Over the wall he goes, after he has been fined for voter fraud.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone brought to this country as children who attended our schools and does not have a felony record should be granted citizenship IMO.

• Like 6

I think the same way.  The Dreamers haven't really lived any life except the American life.  

But that aside- this guy did break the law, unknowingly or not.   Do we follow the rule of law or common sense?  Is it fair to make exceptions for this guy and not all the others?  Are our laws even right, if situations like this can occur?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Is it fair to make exceptions for this guy and not all the others? 

Is he white?  :w00t:

• Haha 1

How was he able to vote?  I thought the left swears illegals can't vote.

I'd probably give him citizenship if it is clear he was not aware he was not a citizen.  I don't know how you prove it though.  He could have just been gaming the system and thought he was going to get social security and playing stupid when he got caught.  Was he using a fake social security number?  Seems some info is missing from this story.

The problem is there are probably thousands if not more people like him.

At some point we have to remove the incentive to come here illegally.  People figure it is worth it to come illegally they will be given citizenship eventually and their immigration status ignored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

I'd probably give him citizenship if it is clear he was not aware he was not a citizen.  I don't know how you prove it though.  He could have just been gaming the system and thought he was going to get social security and playing stupid when he got caught.  Was he using a fake social security number?  Seems some info is missing from this story.

At some point we have to remove the incentive to come here illegally.  People figure it is worth it to come illegally they will be given citizenship eventually and their immigration status ignored.

Most of your questions are answered in the article.  He recieved a Social Security card, driver's license, and voter's registration card.  Being how he is 66, most of this happened before the more recent anti-immigrant laws were passed and things were more lax.

35 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Is he white?  :w00t:

Jimmy Klass outside of his home in Clearwater (Photo Credit: Jimmy Klass)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I think the same way.  The Dreamers haven't really lived any life except the American life.  

But that aside- this guy did break the law, unknowingly or not.   Do we follow the rule of law or common sense?  Is it fair to make exceptions for this guy and not all the others?  Are our laws even right, if situations like this can occur?

I've been thinking about this and he had to get a social security number in order to get a job so why did Social Security wait until he applied for benefits to tell him he was illegal?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I've been thinking about this and he had to get a social security number in order to get a job so why did Social Security wait until he applied for benefits to tell him he was illegal?

Well the gov wanted all that tax money he worked off all those years...

Now that he's retiring,he's just a burden the government has to pay back.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well the gov wanted all that tax money he worked off all those years...

Now that he's retiring,he's just a burden the government has to pay back.

You're not wrong.

The management over at Agriprocessors here in Iowa were giving out fake/stolen Social Security numbers to their illegal alien labor and it was never caught (Well, I guess they caught them after the raid).  There is no incentive to stopping illegals from contributing to a fund that they can never collect from, so why would the government take steps to do it?

But, when it comes time for someone to retire, there is a cost and a possibility of fraud.  So that's when they check.  

• Like 4

Trump tried to give dreamers citizenship. The Dems wouldn’t have it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Trump tried to give dreamers citizenship. The Dems wouldn’t have it. 

He had a Republican majority.  If he truly wanted to do it he could have.

I know Obama wanted to and it was stopped.  We also know Biden wanted to and it was stopped.  Everyone seems to think it is a good idea except for those that seem to be stopping it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Deport him.

13 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Blame Biden , oh dear an immigrant BOM walk failed to keep out

9 hours ago, Edumakated said:

He voted for Trump, yes, an illegal vote for BOM.

But yeah too many missing details to the story

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Pieces of this story are missing

On 5/16/2024 at 3:39 PM, Gromdor said:

He had a Republican majority.  If he truly wanted to do it he could have.

This was in 2018. He no longer had majority. He offered it as a way to finish his wall without them continuing to stonewall him in court. He had no chance of passing it while his party was in the majority because it went against party lines. 

On 5/16/2024 at 3:39 PM, Gromdor said:

I know Obama wanted to and it was stopped.  We also know Biden wanted to and it was stopped.  Everyone seems to think it is a good idea except for those that seem to be stopping it.

They both had a majority the first two years of their terms. But chose to wait till they knew they couldn’t pass it before bringing it up. Truth is Dems don’t really want them to have citizenship at all. To keep the cheap labor for their corporate overlords. 

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

This was in 2018. He no longer had majority. He offered it as a way to finish his wall without them continuing to stonewall him in court. He had no chance of passing it while his party was in the majority because it went against party lines. 

They both had a majority the first two years of their terms. But chose to wait till they knew they couldn’t pass it before bringing it up. Truth is Dems don’t really want them to have citizenship at all. To keep the cheap labor for their corporate overlords. 

You just lied to me then.

You said he wanted it and now you are saying he was willing to give it in exchange for building the wall.  That is not him wanting it.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 11:34 PM, Desertrat56 said:

The biggest problem is that he is not alone in this.   There are many in his shoes and I think there should be some respite of the law for these people.  They were too young to decide to come to the U.S.  Many of them, like the guy in the article, had one U.S. born parent but no one knew that the U.S. does not do dual citizenship like the rest of the western world.   The only ones who get it are children of GI's who were born overseas and their parents filled out a lot of paperwork or they are given dual citizenship from another country after working there for years and applying for it, so they are still U.S. citizens as well as citizens of what ever country they are working in, but again, a lot of paperwork has to be filled out in the other country as well.  Any naturalized citizens in this country have to swear loyalty only to the U.S. as well.   Is that a thing when an immigrant asks to become a naturalized citizen of Australia?

I’m not familiar enough with Australian immigration law to answer that but I get the impression our laws are a helluva lot more strict than yours in America. Jimmy Klass would have more than likely sent to a detention camp pending an appeal and possibly deportation before a clean and drama less naturalisation hearing. Certainly not allowed to vote or even have a driving licence. So yeah, America is much accommodating to illegals. 

On 5/16/2024 at 6:50 PM, Myles said:

Deport him.

Hi Myles

Why, he did not commit a crime and has worked and lived just like you did for that he has? There was no intent to defraud or deceive anyone as he grew up under the assumption that he was a citizen and paid the same fare as everyone else. Odd that for more than fourty years of taking his money no one noticed that he wasn't a citizen until now. It seems more like a govt error that they can simply grant citizenship based on his contributions and pay him his pension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

Why, he did not commit a crime 

He DID commit crimes.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

He DID commit crimes.

Hi Myles

What specifically as I didn't see in the article that he was a career criminal

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

What specifically as I didn't see in the article that he was a career criminal

He has been illegal for many years and has illegally voted.  That is a crime.