Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Administration Moves To Reclassify Cannabis

HandsomeGorilla

Just what America needs.  The ability to pay to become more lazy and stupid.  That said, decriminalization isn't as damaging as legalization.  Adults should be able to make such choices but children can be damaged seriously by using this drug during their formative years.  Apparently, today's weed is FAR FAR more powerful than the stuff I indulged in back in the late 70s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and-then said:

Just what America needs.  The ability to pay to become more lazy and stupid.  That said, decriminalization isn't as damaging as legalization.  Adults should be able to make such choices but children can be damaged seriously by using this drug during their formative years.  Apparently, today's weed is FAR FAR more powerful than the stuff I indulged in back in the late 70s.

Gives me panic attacks but if drinks are legal weed should be too,

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, and-then said:

Just what America needs.  The ability to pay to become more lazy and stupid.  That said, decriminalization isn't as damaging as legalization.  Adults should be able to make such choices but children can be damaged seriously by using this drug during their formative years.  Apparently, today's weed is FAR FAR more powerful than the stuff I indulged in back in the late 70s.we

Are you one of those that paid $5 for a joint that was more paper than leaves?   It isn't stronger, you actually get to know what you are buying instead of hoping it isn't laced with something that could kill you.   That was what was going on in the 70's.   You only knew what you were getting if you grew it yourself.   I think alcohol should be a class one drug, it has caused way more damage than marijuana.  And legalization doesn't matter much, if it did we wouldn't have opiod addicts everywhere and doctors and pharmacuetical companies should be held accountable for their part in that.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

Gives me panic attacks but if drinks are legal weed should be too,

I actually smoked one after my wife died. It gave me afib, a massive self blame panic attack and I laid on the ground wanting to die.  

So much for making you mello..

But I agree and think alcohol is worse. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Piney said:

I actually smoked one after my wife died. It gave me afib, a massive self blame panic attack and I laid on the ground wanting to die.  

So much for making you mello..

But I agree and think alcohol is worse. 

I have not smoked much over the last 50 years but I did share a setiva smoke with my friend and it gave me high anxiety.   I think different varieties (of which there are now many) have different effects.   In the olden days the 3 times I tried it, I got really angry.  Have no idea what variety any of them was, and I suspect part of my anger was the *******s I was hanging out with, not the pot.🤣   It was similar to the anger I felt when I tried drinking.   Always surrounded by *******s back then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Are you one of those that paid $5 for a joint that was more paper than leaves?   It isn't stronger, you actually get to know what you are buying instead of hoping it isn't laced with something that could kill you.   That was what was going on in the 70's.   You only knew what you were getting if you grew it yourself.   I think alcohol should be a class one drug, it has caused way more damage than marijuana.  And legalization doesn't matter much, if it did we wouldn't have opiod addicts everywhere and doctors and pharmacuetical companies should be held accountable for their part in that.

The pot they grow now is all skunk varieties ( small bushes, more head and less leaf) with heavily concentrated levels of THC. Basically pot on steroids. Bring back the natural strains 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I agree with everything you said,but yes it is definitely more potent...

I was behind a car on the interstate just the other day,and it smelled like I was in the middle of a pot field 😆

• Haha 1

Yea , start with a little first , see how it affects you , then work your way up if you have to. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2024 at 9:38 PM, and-then said:

Just what America needs.  The ability to pay to become more lazy and stupid.

Weed makes you lazy and stupid?  You fell for the ads in the 70s old man.  What made you stupid?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

Weed makes you lazy and stupid?  You fell for the ads in the 70s old man.  What made you stupid?

What he really meant to say is it will turn Americans into pacifists and they’ll hand back their guns

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

The pot they grow now is all skunk varieties ( small bushes, more head and less leaf) with heavily concentrated levels of THC. Basically pot on steroids. Bring back the natural strains 

That's not true everywhere.  In New Mexico it is still illegal to sell THC, you can get anything from the leaves, we have more dispensaries in Albuquerque than McDonalds, but you can't buy any THC products, you have to go to Colorado and find a friend with a prescription to buy them for you.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I agree with everything you said,but yes it is definitely more potent...

I was behind a car on the interstate just the other day,and it smelled like I was in the middle of a pot field 😆

I guess it depends on whether it is legal in your state or not and where you get it.   I grew up in an area where old ladies grew it in their gardens and gave joints to thier grandsons to take to school to share with their friends.   It was part of the culture and only the white people who grew up in the 30's and 40's and were indoctrinated with that silly "Reefer Madness" movie that thought it was a bad thing.   And in highschool there was always someone selling big fat joints for 50 cents.   But I know, because of being in the army, that it was much more expensive on the east coast in the 70's.  I used to laugh when I saw the joints people were proud to have aquired and you never saw it on an army base because one seed could get you thrown in jail and kicked out of the army. 

8 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

What he really meant to say is it will turn Americans into pacifists and they’ll hand back their guns

Eventually leading to " only the left smoke weed".

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

pffffffffffffftt!* .      .       .        boutime .   :P

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

On 5/17/2024 at 6:53 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I think alcohol should be a class one drug, it has caused way more damage than marijuana

Agree. It killed my brother, is killing a nephew, and has ruined more lives than any other drug. But, thanks to lobbiests, it will continue to ruin lives for the foreseeable future. Isn't Capitalism grand?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Agree. It killed my brother, is killing a nephew, and has ruined more lives than any other drug. But, thanks to lobbiests, it will continue to ruin lives for the foreseeable future. Isn't Capitalism grand?

What does Capitalism have to do with alcoholism?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WVK said:

What does Capitalism have to do with alcoholism?

I'm sure that if you thought about it rationally for a while, it will come to you.

16 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm sure that if you thought about it rationally for a while, it will come to you.

There was this thing called Probation but that didn’t work out so well. Are you suggesting we give that another go?

47 minutes ago, WVK said:

There was this thing called Probation but that didn’t work out so well. Are you suggesting we give that another go?

I don't know. All I knows is we can't keep continuing the way we are going. More, and more people are turning to drugs, and alcohol to escape sh*try realities. Do we just wright them off as the price of doing business? Harden our hearts more, and more each day? Chalk it up to weeding out the weak? 

What would you suggest? We've tried education, (just say no to drugs etc.) and that hasn't worked out either. Any Ideas?

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I don't know. All I knows is we can't keep continuing the way we are going. More, and more people are turning to drugs, and alcohol to escape sh*try realities. Do we just wright them off as the price of doing business? Harden our hearts more, and more each day? Chalk it up to weeding out the weak? 

What would you suggest? We've tried education, (just say no to drugs etc.) and that hasn't worked out either. Any Ideas?

How about taking some personal responsibility? I was a daily drinker of over a litre of bourbon per day (or 5 litres of beer, or 3 litres of wine, whichever I could afford at any particular time) and I did that for literally years. I hit rock bottom in 2016 and spent over a year in rehab. October will mark 5 years since I last slipped up, and 8 years since I gave up drinking altogether. 

Yeah, I have only myself to blame for getting into that situation, and it is mighty hard to get out of I won't lie about that. But making alcohol illegal doesn't seem to be the right decision to me. I kind of believe the opposite, that we should legalise all drugs  and then provide counselling services for addicts to help escape the cycle of addiction. The fact that Australia has a free rehab program is awesome (for anyone receiving government benefits like Job Seeker payments), and I think America needs to look into that and help people who need help. The video below is about addiction and as an addict with a big problem who lived with other addicts who had problems for a long time, this is one of the most informative videos I have ever see. If you don't like videos you can read about it at the Psychiatric Times - What Rat Park Teaches Us About Addiction!

Article excerpt:

Alexander’s experiments, in the 1970s, have come to be called the “Rat Park.1 Researchers had already proved that when rats were placed in a cage, all alone, with no other community of rats, and offered two water bottles-one filled with water and the other with heroin or cocaine-the rats would repetitively drink from the drug-laced bottles until they all overdosed and died. Like pigeons pressing a pleasure lever, they were relentless, until their bodies and brains were overcome, and they died.

But Alexander wondered: is this about the drug or might it be related to the setting they were in? To test his hypothesis, he put rats in “rat parks,” where they were among others and free to roam and play, to socialize and to have sex. And they were given the same access to the same two types of drug laced bottles. When inhabiting a “rat park,” they remarkably preferred the plain water. Even when they did imbibe from the drug-filled bottle, they did so intermittently, not obsessively, and never overdosed. A social community beat the power of drugs.

The opposite of addiction is not sobriety. The opposite of addiction is community! Although I am addicted, so I am unable to drink without going overboard, so I choose not to, but I had a lot of help from the community and would not be here without that help. 

Edited by Link of Hyrule
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Link of Hyrule said:

How about taking some personal responsibility? I was a daily drinker of over a litre of bourbon per day (or 5 litres of beer, or 3 litres of wine, whichever I could afford at any particular time) and I did that for literally years. I hit rock bottom in 2016 and spent over a year in rehab. October will mark 5 years since I last slipped up, and 8 years since I gave up drinking altogether. 

👍       🤝

• Like 1

Daily Cannabis Use Overtakes Drinking In The US For The First Time

The number of people who use cannabis on a daily basis now exceeds the number of daily alcohol drinkers in the US, new research reveals. Overall, more people continue to consume booze than weed across the country, yet the proportion of high-frequency stoners has skyrocketed, overtaking regular alcohol use for the first time.

https://www.iflscience.com/daily-cannabis-use-overtakes-drinking-in-the-us-for-the-first-time-74370

The study is published in the journal Addiction.

On 5/18/2024 at 12:14 AM, Agent0range said:

Conservatism