Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Light speed is not the speed limit

ETsuckers

The old adage, the faster one goes the heavier and larger the mass becomes is true in one case only. A paired coupled state between gravitational mass and inertial mass. Which was assumed to always be linked together. This early premise was false.

In fact even if one used Eiensteins early equation E=MC2 when converted to a harmonic formula shows that the actually speed limit is not the speed of light or © but the speed of light squared!

Even then it only applies with assumption the two states of mass are tied together and they have been proven false for a number of years, which opens an infinite speed limit!!! Mathmatically and proven by physics theory. Wow what a pandoras box.....

Undoutedly, the processing computing power to calculate where one would arrive, not too mention whats there at that time would be tremendous the greater the distance traversed. But it can be done scientifically today.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Kismit

• djdodo

• uranium101

laugh.giflaugh.gif That is Funny Guys laugh.giflaugh.gif

I do not know if it has any relation but ...

every 10 bllion years = one light year smile.gif

and that is such a long time sad.gif

every 10 bllion years = one light year

Thought I'd just chip in here Dj.

A 'Light Year' is a measurement of distance, not time. It is the distance that light can travel in the space of one year.

The distance of 1 Light Year is 9.46x10^15 metres approx.

What you've said above is like saying 30 seconds = 2 metres. I'm not sure where you read that, but it's basically nonsense.

only when you lick it Homer . Otherwise it only wieghs 2.5 ounces. mellow.gif

• 3 weeks later...
and that is such a long time sad.gif

Yea, but if people really wanna move a lightyear away, however long it takes, it is possible that onboard generations can be..made..so that they cud get there but by the time you reach your destination, the technology would be so many centuries out of place, youd be screwd laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I think once they got little microscopic particles to go faster than the speed of light-some people tried to disprove it or something so it never made breaking news

only when you lick it Homer . Otherwise it only wieghs 2.5 ounces.

interesting..........how do you lick a color.......and why would you want to do that????

• 1 month later...

a light year is approx 7 trillion miles if that any use to anyone ph34r.gifgunsmilie.gif

5.88 trillion miles is more accurate, but when dealing with numbers that large, saying ‘approximately 7 trillion miles’ is close enough

LOL@ Homer.

how do you lick the color blue? if you are making fun of it, it's my favorite color so LAY OFF. except you kismit. grin2.gif you can laugh at it all you want. wink2.gif

• 4 weeks later...

did anyone else read that article about the scientists that shot a beam of light into a box filled with a special gas, and this gas somehow made the light move faster, as the beam had already left the box before it had even finished entering? wacko.gif thats just mind boggling, but also awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay wait a second here. I did a little searching happy.gif and came up with this: THEORY . This might help you get a better idea of what the speed of light really is. This was made independantly by one person so you or others may have a second opinion. And of course we'll never truly know the speed of light until we witness it ourselves... stretch.gif

And of course we'll never truly know the speed of light until we witness it ourselves...  stretch.gif

This really depends on what you mean by "we". If by "we" you mean you and me, then perhaps you're right. We personally haven't witnessed(or calculated) the speed of light, so how can we be sure of it's true speed? But if by "we" you mean we humans, than you are wrong. Through particle acceleration, we can accurately measure the speed of light.

siphis,

If you follow the thread, you will notice dj said "every 10 bllion years = one light year"

Of course we all know this is nonsense, and after SaRuMaN corrected her, he gave an example of something as equally nonsense: "What you've said above is like saying 30 seconds = 2 metres"

Then I continued sarcastically by stating my own version of nonsense: "I've also read somewhere the color blue = 4 ounces"

Kismit then added onto my statement: "only when you lick it Homer . Otherwise it only wieghs 2.5 ounces"

Uranium then said: "how do you lick the color blue?"

So this is nothing more than continued silliness starting from dj's erroneous statement relating time and distance.

I tried some blue once. Tasted more like purple. Maybe had a touch too much red in it.

My friend, Myron, insists it tastes like chicken.

And Myron is blue, too, so he should know.

mellow.gif

What you've said above is like saying 30 seconds = 2 metres. I'm not sure where you read that, but it's basically nonsense.

I dono .. I forgot .. blink.gif