Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man claims to have found his daughter 'playing with Bigfoot' in the woods

UM-Bot

As they prepared the lunch, his daughter ran off to play among the trees nearby.

So your in a heavy forest, and you let your very young daughter then run off and play among dense trees. 

I do hope the story is fiction. Else, those are some dangerously reckless parents. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Maxxdevlinn said:

So your in a heavy forest, and you let your very young daughter then run off and play among dense trees. 

That was my first thought as well. My second was why they just stood there watching while their young daughter played with a giant of a creature. Next time they make up a story, they might want to consider portraying themselves in a more favourable light.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ell said:

It reminds me of the story about the polar bear that visited an Inuit village and approached one of their dogs that had been fastened somewhere outside. The dog acted playfully and in response the polar bear also switched to play modus. The dog survived and the bear returned each year to play with the dog.

Only in this instance, the young girl did not go into play mode, she screamed in terror. For her to have sat down to play with it, the creature would have had to somehow reassure her that she was not in any danger.

If the story is indeed true, the 'creature' was most likely some jerk in a hairy costume — a jerk who could have easily abducted the girl.

• Like 3

Fortunately for the girl, it was a friendly Bigfoot and not a hungry mountain lion. 😃

• Like 2

California and North Carolina are not the same things….so…the article is confused from the beginning.

• Like 2

There have been a few accounts like this, though usually not ending so pleasantly.

Stay out of the woods, and at the very least don’t let your kids play alone in them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

California and North Carolina are not the same things….so…the article is confused from the beginning.

That's a typo - fixed now.

Also thanks to @Kittens Are Jerks for the heads up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It said they were alerted by a loud scream but then didn't mention why.   No pics?  

Fake story.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Maxxdevlinn said:

As they prepared the lunch, his daughter ran off to play among the trees nearby.

I do hope the story is fiction. Else, those are some dangerously reckless parents. 

Agreed.  You don't let your kids out of your sight for long in the forest.  They can easily get lost.

• Like 6

Sigh,

Pretty much anonymous stories are nothing more that that an anonymous story, so with all we hear of Chester the molester running a muck we let out little girl skip off into the woods alone?

We hear a terror scream but comes across the kid happily playing. Um no.

But since I do believe this story is 100% fiction I thought hum, perhaps they got the idea from somewhere...

d__X2BqJDYgRQ0T22p73L2xbgqPq0Ho4opU4kDXL

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Here is another story about children playing with BFs:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Agreed.  You don't let your kids out of your sight for long in the forest.  They can easily get lost.

Yes, the wee folk whisk them away.  Or the giants gather them up and carry them off.

• Like 1

Yawn, the loon Janice Carter claimed she grew up with Bigfoot seems her dad made claims of knowing Bigfoot, Carter imnsho was crazier than an shi outhouse rat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Yes, the wee folk whisk them away.  Or the giants gather them up and carry them off.

Or they fall into the creek/river with some tragic results.

• Like 3

Ok, let's say this occurred as described. Did they take any photos? No, ok I guess they could have been too startled to take that action. So then, did they consider contacting any BRFO or related organizations? You know to examine the area for footprints and hair samples?  I guess not. 

It just comes off as a tall tale for the sake of saying they saw something. A shame really.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

Ok, let's say this occurred as described. Did they take any photos? No, ok I guess they could have been too startled to take that action. So then, did they consider contacting any BRFO or related organizations? You know to examine the area for footprints and hair samples?  I guess not. 

It just comes off as a tall tale for the sake of saying they saw something. A shame really.

Yeah, believers get all cross because we ask those questions, and the parents would give the go to excuses for zero collaborative evidence etc, give me a break if this tale was even close to true and reported at the which would have happened the area would have been full of both Bigfoot and or pervert hunters andthe alleged area "north California" why not just say near bluff Creek and get it over with? Lol,  likely during BF days parade and cash grab.

There are simply too much Bs's out there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I recall a scene like that in one of those 70's Bigfoot documentaries, possibly Sasquatch:The Legend Of Bigfoot. A little girl had a young bigfoot for a playmate.

• Like 2

There should really be a standardised debrief, lie detector and medical when people make these claims so we don’t have to waste time reading this nonsense 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, as others mentioned...no pics or vids? Most are now conditioned to whip out phones, almost as instinct, and record everything...even horrible crimes. Also, there was a scream then they were playing comfortably. I guess she could've been startled, but I'd expect if she had screamed, then she would've run, especially with the size of a supposed bigfoot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These tales are getting dumber and dumber.  Though the dumbest are Joan Ocean's dolphing communicating surf footie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

There should really be a standardised debrief, lie detector and medical when people make these claims so we don’t have to waste time reading this nonsense 

Get ready for true believers chastising you unless they only do that to me for such posts.

The threads op was just a story, are you entertained?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChewiesArmy said:

Yeah, as others mentioned...no pics or vids? Most are now conditioned to whip out phones, almost as instinct, and record everything...even horrible crimes. Also, there was a scream then they were playing comfortably. I guess she could've been startled, but I'd expect if she had screamed, then she would've run, especially with the size of a supposed bigfoot. 

Well sure, she went from terrified scream to playing happily, it doesn't wash,  concerned parents would have been more well. Concerned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

Get ready for true believers chastising you unless they only do that to me for such posts.

The threads op was just a story, are you entertained?

Well I like a good mystery as much as the next man, so yeah I was entertained, as long as my intelligence isn’t insulted I’m having fun

• Like 1