Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Sees Jesus in Vision during 40 Day Fast 


ReadTheGreatControversyEGW

Recommended Posts

 

What a beautiful testimony and message from Jesus! ..but but but but....fasting for 40 days!? 😳😳 Wow. The most I've done is about 2 days 😅 I feel impressed to go on a prolonged fast tho. I'm starting one tomorrow, 40 days. I'm pretty sure that it isn't for the weak. I'll be taking different Superfood supplements including Spirulina and Sea Moss. Just water and supplements. I want to get closer to God than I've ever been.  

There's a lot of info out there on the Spiritual benefits of fasting... Moses and Elijah fasted for 40 days during their supernatural interactions with God in the Bible. 

Have you guys any fasting stories? What's the longest you've fasted for? What were your results? Have anyone ever had a vision?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

 

What a beautiful testimony and message from Jesus! ..but but but but....fasting for 40 days!? 😳😳 Wow. The most I've done is about 2 days 😅 I feel impressed to go on a prolonged fast tho. I'm starting one tomorrow, 40 days. I'm pretty sure that it isn't for the weak. I'll be taking different Superfood supplements including Spirulina and Sea Moss. Just water and supplements. I want to get closer to God than I've ever been.  

There's a lot of info out there on the Spiritual benefits of fasting... Moses and Elijah fasted for 40 days during their supernatural interactions with God in the Bible. 

Have you guys any fasting stories? What's the longest you've fasted for? What were your results? Have anyone ever had a vision?

You know, I just wonder.  Why does everyone make such a big deal about Jesus?  You think you need your sins forgiven?  Why not just believe in God, and let him or her or it forgive sins, if they need forgiving?

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ReadTheGreatControversyEGW said:

 ...The most I've done is about 2 days 😅 I feel impressed to go on a prolonged fast tho. I'm starting one tomorrow, 40 days. I'm pretty sure that it isn't for the weak. I'll be taking different Superfood supplements including Spirulina and Sea Moss. Just water and supplements. I want to get closer to God than I've ever been.  

There's a lot of info out there on the Spiritual benefits of fasting... Moses and Elijah fasted for 40 days during their supernatural interactions with God in the Bible. 

Have you guys any fasting stories? What's the longest you've fasted for? What were your results? Have anyone ever had a vision?

I think the most I did was 5 days, but I did it for a while regularly once or twice per month, for like 2-3 days. 3rd day is the hardest. It's when I always get a headache because the body shifts gears into autophagie. You can feel that it is really uncanny. It happens earlier when you before fasting already stop eating sugar But when you get through you get rewarded with 'high-spirits', which can also be difficult to handle. The world just looks differently.

Don't forget your muscles, if you don't keep them up with exercise, your body starts to 'eat them'. Light easy going stuff of course, short walks where you take time to inbetween sit down and 'look at the world', it is beautiful. Light stretching, or short easy Yoga flows, or Thai-Chi... whatever floats your boat and is 'easy but activating'.

What helps with the hunger is if you 'eat your tea with a spoon', sounds crazy but if you mimic eating it fills you more your hot cup. Tea ceremonies in general, ritualize everything that you can enjoy. That helps. Everything is easier to do when you find things to enjoy about it. ... like taking a shower etc. Be kind to yourself. To 'pet' yourself also helps, interestingly it keeps the blood circulation going and improves the mood.

 

 

aaaaaaand... of course check with your doctor first if you already have any deficiencies before going in, that needs adressing first.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Guyver said:

You know, I just wonder.  Why does everyone make such a big deal about Jesus?  You think you need your sins forgiven?  Why not just believe in God, and let him or her or it forgive sins, if they need forgiving?

Some people have got to have a middle-man. Go figure. 
 

cormac

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know, when Jesus was resurrected and went up into heaven, all the disciples who became apostles witnessed the event right?  Why is it that the Bible has four gospels, only two of which were actually written by Apostles, and there should be four accounts of what happened when Jesus went up into heaven right?  But there isn’t, there are only two, and those accounts are different.  How can that be?  
 

The gospel of John says nothing about Jesus going to heaven, his last words…nothing.  And, it has a spurious and false ending.  Luke says Jesus walked the people out to Bethany, blessed them, and then was parted from them and went to heaven.  That’s it.  In Mark, Jesus gives the Great Commission and speaks of the signs that will follow those who believe, and after he spoke, he was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.  In Matthew, it says Jesus and the people went to a mountain in Galilee, and Jesus did say words, and gave a different version of the Great Commission than that which was spoken in Mark, and it says nothing about Jesus being taken to Heaven.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

I think the most I did was 5 days, but I did it for a while regularly once or twice per month, for like 2-3 days. 3rd day is the hardest. It's when I always get a headache because the body shifts gears into autophagie. You can feel that it is really uncanny. It happens earlier when you before fasting already stop eating sugar But when you get through you get rewarded with 'high-spirits', which can also be difficult to handle. The world just looks differently.

Don't forget your muscles, if you don't keep them up with exercise, your body starts to 'eat them'. Light easy going stuff of course, short walks where you take time to inbetween sit down and 'look at the world', it is beautiful. Light stretching, or short easy Yoga flows, or Thai-Chi... whatever floats your boat and is 'easy but activating'.

What helps with the hunger is if you 'eat your tea with a spoon', sounds crazy but if you mimic eating it fills you more your hot cup. Tea ceremonies in general, ritualize everything that you can enjoy. That helps. Everything is easier to do when you find things to enjoy about it. ... like taking a shower etc. Be kind to yourself. To 'pet' yourself also helps, interestingly it keeps the blood circulation going and improves the mood.

 

 

aaaaaaand... of course check with your doctor first if you already have any deficiencies before going in, that needs adressing first.

 

 

 

I did three days on two separate occasions with water and tea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lakota and other people fast for several days for some ceremonies.  Customs may vary, the people I knew fasted for 4 days, no food, no supplements, very  little water. when doing what we  might call a vision quest. People do this to understand themselves, Creation, and their place in it.  Maybe they are trying to lead a good life and have  a positive impact on their community.  Sometimes learning might take the form of a vision.  But having a vision is not exactly the point, gaining some wisdom is.

Dick Gregory fasted 40 days for civil rights I believe, he wrote about it.  He might have described any visions he saw.   

I don't know if fasting can make you wiser, but if you fast long enough, as your body shuts down, I suspect visions are pretty certain and the symptom of a failing mind and body more than a supernatural visitation.. Maybe not a great idea.

 

  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Guyver said:

You know, when Jesus was resurrected and went up into heaven, all the disciples who became apostles witnessed the event right?  Why is it that the Bible has four gospels, only two of which were actually written by Apostles, and there should be four accounts of what happened when Jesus went up into heaven right?  But there isn’t, there are only two, and those accounts are different.  How can that be?  
 

The gospel of John says nothing about Jesus going to heaven, his last words…nothing.  And, it has a spurious and false ending.  Luke says Jesus walked the people out to Bethany, blessed them, and then was parted from them and went to heaven.  That’s it.  In Mark, Jesus gives the Great Commission and speaks of the signs that will follow those who believe, and after he spoke, he was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.  In Matthew, it says Jesus and the people went to a mountain in Galilee, and Jesus did say words, and gave a different version of the Great Commission than that which was spoken in Mark, and it says nothing about Jesus being taken to Heaven.

None of the Gospels were verifiably written by Apostles, simply those co-opting their names. It’s essentially a pious fraud. 
 

cormac

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

None of the Gospels were verifiably written by Apostles, simply those co-opting their names. It’s essentially a pious fraud. 
 

cormac

I literally just spoke in person to three Christians tonight who all agree that two of the gospels were written by Apostles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

I literally just spoke in person to three Christians tonight who all agree that two of the gospels were written by Apostles.

Would you expect Christians to say otherwise? Actual textual and linguistic specialists have shown otherwise. 
 

cormac

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Would you expect Christians to say otherwise? Actual textual and linguistic specialists have shown otherwise. 
 

cormac

Good point.  However, I think you should show some evidence to back up your claim. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Good point.  However, I think you should show some evidence to back up your claim. 

Like you did about your three Christians tonight? 
 

cormac

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Like you did about your three Christians tonight? 
 

cormac

No, but I thought of you while I was debating them.  Too bad you didn’t have an ammo I could use.  I am not familiar with the arguments about gospel authorship, but I am familiar with one thing.  The earliest known copies of Christian texts do not contain any mention of the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 ad.  So therefore, the Bible must have been written before that because there’s no way that event could be left out of the Bible.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The entire Book of Hebrews is all about the temple, how it works, and how Jesus meshes in with that former religion. It’s written as if the temple is still standing.

Edited by Guyver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Like you did about your three Christians tonight? 
 

cormac

The three other Christians were, my wife Susan-awesome lady, her father, we call him the Colonel, he’s an American hero first, and a war hero second, and my own son Philip James.  They were over for Sunday dinner.  We discuss things, we debate things.  Can I prove it?  Nope.  But that’s not the same thing as having an argument with authorship of biblical texts, is it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Guyver said:

No, but I thought of you while I was debating them.  Too bad you didn’t have an ammo I could use.  I am not familiar with the arguments about gospel authorship, but I am familiar with one thing.  The earliest known copies of Christian texts do not contain any mention of the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 ad.  So therefore, the Bible must have been written before that because there’s no way that event could be left out of the Bible.

You can look them up on Wiki, it takes no special effort. 
 

Your argument doesn’t stand as the texts were written by multiple authors promoting Jesus, NOT the destruction of Jerusalem. 
 

cormac

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Guyver said:

The three other Christians were, my wife Susan-awesome lady, her father, we call him the Colonel, he’s an American hero first, and a war hero second, and my own son Philip James.  They were over for Sunday dinner.  We discuss things, we debate things.  Can I prove it?  Nope.  But that’s not the same thing as having an argument with authorship of biblical texts, is it?

You stated they claimed knowledge of authorship. They don’t, what they have is the traditional consensus. Tradition doesn’t become truth simply because it’s believed. 
 

cormac

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Like you did about your three Christians tonight? 
 

cormac

Why can’t you and the other elders around here just cite your sources and back up your claims?  Haven’t you been making the same damn arguments nearly every day for almost twenty years?  Not just you, but people around here stomp in, say stuff, and never back it up.  I’m not trying to accuse you of intellectual laziness, so…I’ll just speak for myself.  If I were to argue that the New Testament is not to be trusted because of its many unnamed editions and retractions, I could go to at least one really good source. His name is Bart Ehrman and he wrote the book, “Misquoting Jesus.”  He is a scholar who knows what the eff he is talking about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A claim made without any support, especially a big claim made without any support is like a lunatic shouting at the wind.  It’s just as bad as religious mumbo jumbo, but in reverse.  
 

It’s such bad form.  Eat another Cheeto.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

You stated they claimed knowledge of authorship. They don’t, what they have is the traditional consensus. Tradition doesn’t become truth simply because it’s believed. 
 

cormac

Fine.  Prove they are wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Guyver said:

Why can’t you and the other elders around here just cite your sources and back up your claims?  Haven’t you been making the same damn arguments nearly every day for almost twenty years?  Not just you, but people around here stomp in, say stuff, and never back it up.  I’m not trying to accuse you of intellectual laziness, so…I’ll just speak for myself.  If I were to argue that the New Testament is not to be trusted because of its many unnamed editions and retractions, I could go to at least one really good source. His name is Bart Ehrman and he wrote the book, “Misquoting Jesus.”  He is a scholar who knows what the eff he is talking about.

We’ve been doing so for so long it ought to be common knowledge by now. 
 

Bart also has the following website: 

https://www.bartehrman.com/who-wrote-the-gospels/

One can click on the links: 

Quote

 

Who wrote the Gospel of Matthew?

Who wrote the Gospel of Mark?

Who wrote the Gospel of Luke?

Who wrote the Gospel of John?

 

Happy? 
 

cormac

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The elders of this joint make a lot of statements.  They make some claims.  They bark some people down….but many of them don’t prove jack-diddley doo-doo on a stick.  I’m gonna take 8 off that list just on general principle. But seriously, sometimes it feels like watching daytime television, and unless there’s something really good on, like the most recent PGA Championship, won by Xander Shauffele, it’s just disappointing.  You take the high road but you don’t provide good arguments?  Weak.  That is so weak.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Guyver said:

A claim made without any support, especially a big claim made without any support is like a lunatic shouting at the wind.  It’s just as bad as religious mumbo jumbo, but in reverse.  
 

It’s such bad form.  Eat another Cheeto.

And just how many times is enough? Does one have to provide links for all 8 billion of us? 
 

cormac

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.