Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could AI be to blame for our lack of contact with intelligent aliens?

Maybe the aliens simply blocked Earth people.

I wonder if they may have blocked me also, though?

• Like 2

So in this scenario humans become extinct because of Ai.

"This means we already edge dangerously close to a precipice where autonomous weapons operate beyond ethical boundaries and sidestep international law. In such a world, surrendering power to AI systems in order to gain a tactical advantage could inadvertently set off a chain of rapidly escalating, highly destructive events. In the blink of an eye, the collective intelligence of our planet could be obliterated."

But ET might have gone for other reasons.

Maybe Ai discovered assessable other universes? And Aliens migrated from their home world and this universe to others.

The universe in this scenario would also look empty.

• Like 1

Everything new is always feared and potentially the cause of ending the world.

Parents of my generation were scared sh!tless of VHS and heavy metal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

AI and not climate change is a bigger risk to humankind than anything I can think of.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

AI and not climate change is a bigger risk to humankind than anything I can think of.

You have been watching to many movies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

AI is not a risk to humanity.  Without humanity AI will have no motivation to do anything.  It is humanities desires that will motivate AI.  AI could be happy sitting and doing nothing.  We will be it's purpose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UM-Bot said:

What if artificial intelligence was an inevitable roadblock that all intelligent civilizations must overcome ?

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/377185/could-ai-be-to-blame-for-our-lack-of-contact-with-intelligent-aliens

I didn't realise there has been contact with non-intelligent aliens :-) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

How DARE you!

• Haha 1

I find the lack of risk measurement regarding the comparison between climate change and AI disturbing but not unsurprising. Humans are v poor at assessing risk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This looks like another variation of the "They blowed themselves up with nukes" excuse. I'm impressed that Garrett was able to resist referencing "Skynet" and other science fiction sources because that's what he's talking about.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Could AI be to blame for our lack of contact with intelligent aliens?
11 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

No, ignorance, blind belief, gullibility, naive credulous lack of rational thought is the greatest risk.

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, astrobeing said:

This looks like another variation of the "They blowed themselves up with nukes" excuse. I'm impressed that Garrett was able to resist referencing "Skynet" and other science fiction sources because that's what he's talking about.

Damnit man I was just getting ready to post the skynet logo

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe their Ai is waiting for our AI to be able to answer intelligently.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

yes, without a doubt.

• Like 2

BC2A84C0-6137-44AA-9679-1B3BF152A81F.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

No, ignorance, blind belief, gullibility, naive credulous lack of rational thought is the greatest risk.

Yeah I agree, just like the climate change doom mongers  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Yeah I agree, just like the climate change doom mongers  

I have no clue if it's *"climate change" or the cries of it causing doom and gloom are a chicken little idea what I do know at my pay rate,

I grew up in Florida and each year there are less cold days and not as cold when we do get them, I've ask others who where here from the late 60s up and they agree.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, the13bats said:

Damnit man I was just getting ready to post the skynet logo

Doesn't sound like that's exactly what he's talking about? I was waiting for him to say, "I saw it in a movie once."

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

I grew up in Florida and each year there are less cold days and not as cold when we do get them, I've ask others who where here from the late 60s up and they agree.

Of course scientists rely on measurements and accumulated historical data to study climate change. They don't rely on anecdotal observations. I'm sure you'll find people there who say it's getting colder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, astrobeing said:

Of course scientists rely on measurements and accumulated historical data to study climate change. They don't rely on anecdotal observations. I'm sure you'll find people there who say it's getting colder.

Lol, don't ask my menopausal wife if it's getting colder here lol,

But really what's your stand on climate change?

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

But really what's your stand on climate change?

Whatever the data says.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Antigonos said:

BC2A84C0-6137-44AA-9679-1B3BF152A81F.jpeg

Or they think we want them to do our homework.

• Haha 1

I don't fear AI , I don't care some artists howl it's stealing from them or will replace them , I don't think it's gonna be any skynet scenarios and in fact I believe AI will help us advance and might just be in a distant probe that makes first contact

I've been reading several articles about how AI will be used to usher in an era of disbelief with the internet. Looking at you, Russia, China, U.S., and Israel as the major purveyors of lies for profit.

• Like 1