Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USAF sergeant encountered 'Walmart-sized' UFO and 'four beings'

13 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

then why reply?

For the record. 

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

For the record. 

oh right- I'm an idiot closed minded skeptic am I? That's how you make me feel in here!

Is this true? Is that how you feel about me?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

oh right- I'm an idiot closed minded skeptic am I? That's how you make me feel in here!

Is this true? Is that how you feel about me?

Your own words reveal this truth. Did you not say this in another thread recently?

On 5/26/2024 at 6:36 AM,  Hazzard said: 

I know that the old ones is hard to investigate

nothing is hard to investigate when one deep down knows there's nothing worthy of investigation! 😉

BTW I never even suggested you were an idiot. 

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Your own words reveal this truth. Did you not say this in another thread recently?

On 5/26/2024 at 6:36 AM,  Hazzard said: 

I know that the old ones is hard to investigate

nothing is hard to investigate when one deep down knows there's nothing worthy of investigation! 😉

honestly--- I'd class myself as an (at least) above average intelligent 65 year old (my opinion of course, open to challenge)=== I've no idea what your point is! Am I missing something?

If I am then please I'm open to correction 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

honestly--- I'd class myself as an (at least) above average intelligent 65 year old (my opinion of course, open to challenge)=== I've no idea what your point is! Am I missing something?

If I am then please I'm open to correction 😉

You suggested I think you are a close minded skeptic. ( I never said anything about your intelligence or lack there of) and clearly you are. I don’t see how you could have missed the point. 

Anyhow I can’t see anything productive coming from this conversation. And don’t want to see the thread closed. Good day. 

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

and clearly you are.

why am I closed (not 'close' as you said) ??? Minded

give me an example of my 'closed' mindedness in this place?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And please note I don't do drugs and am a very light drinker.. :) 

I must admit I did bit of dabbling on shrooms and other hallucinogenic stuff as a young man and the **** you see on that stuff is quite literally mind blowing…..😳

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And please note I don't do drugs and am a very light drinker

prove it

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

It wasn’t a dream. It wasn’t some far away object that could be mistaken, wasn’t caused by sleep deprivation.

Here's the fundamental problem...  You already conceded that your mind is powerful and it can change things.  Then you say that because something is a 'big' rather than small thing, that makes it different.  What on earth is that based on?  Where do you draw the line?  The ones you want to be true, are?  Sorry, but No.  And just as my comment about not doing drugs or alcohol is a useless and unprovable handwave, so are your assurances about those things, and your alleged witnesses.  Your mind DOES change things, and it will happily even invent some witnesses or change the story a little, to make you feel better.  I presume they are not going to turn up here to verify that they saw exactly what you saw.  Friends will happily empathise with your sighting and your brain can flip that to actually thinking they saw what you remember seeing.

You just have to accept that us sciency folks will not just accept anecdotes.  Science learned long ago that you need evidence.

And frankly, there's a much bigger problem.  In the last 50 years, and especially in the last 20, our surveillance of the skies has increased by millions of orders of magnitude.  Apart from commercial and military systems, every Tiffany, Dick and Harriet is carrying an (increasingly capable) video and still camera.  So if this was/is a thing, why isn't somebody capturing it?  It makes zero sense.  Mind games make a lot of sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

prove it

If you lived (or take a holiday- in which case pm me!) in Qld, I'd happily prove it via my fridge :D , or even a visit to my GP (MD) so he can verify my likely personal habits, and also tell you about the medications I'm on (heart) which are not really compatible with drugs and booze..  I just don't seem to have the 'addiction' gene, and do NOT enjoy getting even slightly drunk.  I will have an occasional Bundaberg and Coke, though..

But nah, can't think of a way to prove it to a UK dweller.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

If you lived (or take a holiday- in which case pm me!) in Qld, I'd happily prove it via my fridge :D , or even a visit to my GP (MD) so he can verify my likely personal habits, and also tell you about the medications I'm on (heart) which are not really compatible with drugs and booze..  I just don't seem to have the 'addiction' gene, and do NOT enjoy getting even slightly drunk.  I will have an occasional Bundaberg and Coke, though..

But nah, can't think of a way to prove it to a UK dweller.

Thank the lord or whoever you don’t have that gene cos it’s a b****** that one…..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Here's the fundamental problem...  You already conceded that your mind is powerful and it can change things.  Then you say that because something is a 'big' rather than small thing, that makes it different.  What on earth is that based on?  Where do you draw the line?  The ones you want to be true, are?  Sorry, but No.  And just as my comment about not doing drugs or alcohol is a useless and unprovable handwave, so are your assurances about those things, and your alleged witnesses.  Your mind DOES change things, and it will happily even invent some witnesses or change the story a little, to make you feel better.  I presume they are not going to turn up here to verify that they saw exactly what you saw.  Friends will happily empathise with your sighting and your brain can flip that to actually thinking they saw what you remember seeing.

You just have to accept that us sciency folks will not just accept anecdotes.  Science learned long ago that you need evidence.

And frankly, there's a much bigger problem.  In the last 50 years, and especially in the last 20, our surveillance of the skies has increased by millions of orders of magnitude.  Apart from commercial and military systems, every Tiffany, Dick and Harriet is carrying an (increasingly capable) video and still camera.  So if this was/is a thing, why isn't somebody capturing it?  It makes zero sense.  Mind games make a lot of sense. 

Oh wait a sec ChrLzs. I’m not saying you should believe me. I wouldn’t believe you had our positions been reversed. I wouldn’t discount it, but I certainly wouldn’t believe it. 

I gotta say though I’ve been telling that story since the day after it happened. No one has once accused me of changing the story in anyway. Including telling it right here for damn near the last 20 years. 

My only point is that your lack of belief while reasonable, doesn’t make it any less true. People who do not believe flying saucers are real are just wrong. 

Wow.  Do you not see any contradiction or hypocrisy in what you just wrote?  When added to the fact that you ignored almost all the major issues I pointed out .. I regret wasting my time.  Over and out.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2024 at 7:23 AM, ChrLzs said:

Wow.  Do you not see any contradiction or hypocrisy in what you just wrote?  When added to the fact that you ignored almost all the major issues I pointed out .. I regret wasting my time.  Over and out.

Not even a little. What are you talking about? Here is what I notice. You can’t have a conversation that doesn’t led to me accepting your opinion and admitting I don’t really remember that night. Going so far as to say I made up in my head the people that were there. Do you believe every memory you have ever had was faulty? Even the biggest moments of your life? Certainly not.

I’m capable of respecting your opinion, even though I disagree. You are incapable of doing the same, and is taking your ball and going home. 

As far as addressing things like modern sky surveillance, I have no idea. I don’t claim to be some UFO expert. I only know that I saw one. 

8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Not even a little. What are you talking about?

Seriously?  You really need a friend to read and give you an honest opinion of whether your posts (and reading comprehension) is up to scratch, and passes as useful, fair debate.

As an example:

You can’t have a conversation that doesn’t led to me accepting your opinion and admitting I don’t really remember that night. Going so far as to say I made up in my head the people that were there.

WTF????  You have already accepted existence of hallucinations, vivid dreams, and the like.  You have already accepted that memories can change.  And yet you point blank refuse to admit that there are MANY REASONS why you cannot trust memories, and even initial perceptions.  Then, instead of actually discussing those things, you blithely turn it into your belief that I'm insulting you. And you do that, EVEN THOUGH I gave you examples of how I accept my limitations and acknowledge that I, JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE have false memories, dreams, memory changes (not to count many other things like simple exaggerations, or the desire to make a buck on the UFO circuit..)

Do you believe every memory you have ever had was faulty?

AGAIN - What a ludicrous interpretation of what I explained in detail!  You have invented a straw man - I did NOT say that at all.   You should apologise for this sort of disgraceful attempt to misrepresent what I said.

FTR, most memories will be reasonably accurate, but a significant portion of EVERYONE's memories will be inaccurate.  Ask any psychologist/psychiatrist.  Refer to the work by Elizabeth Loftus.  And I gave you several friggin personal examples above.

This sort of bull**** is why you get people's backs up, pm.  Don't EVER ask me to politely buy into your stuff again.  I will however, point out the flaws in your reasoning and point back to this thread, where your deliberate attempts to poison the 'debate' is just appalling.  Shame on you. 

I’m capable of respecting your opinion

I no longer respect yours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2024 at 7:04 PM, Dejarma said:

then why reply?

Total emersion in any one who doesn't believe as they do.

• Haha 2

On 5/31/2024 at 8:12 PM, Dejarma said:

prove it

I don't drink smoke or use drugs no Rx either, I'll take a couple aspires here and there,

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2024 at 7:45 PM, ChrLzs said:

Seriously?  You really need a friend to read and give you an honest opinion of whether your posts (and reading comprehension) is up to scratch, and passes as useful, fair debate.

I wasn’t aware this was a debate. Seemed to me we were sharing our points of view. 

As an example:

WTF????  You have already accepted existence of hallucinations, vivid dreams, and the like.  You have already accepted that memories can change.  And yet you point blank refuse to admit that there are MANY REASONS why you cannot trust memories, and even initial perceptions. 

Sure, but I don’t believe that is the case with every memory. Considering how many times I have combed through my story with a fine tooth comb since the day it happened, I’m secure in knowing it’s become part of my permanent long term memory. 

Then, instead of actually discussing those things, you blithely turn it into your belief that I'm insulting you.

I never said I was insulted. My response was to your belief that YOU were insulted. That you literally had to cut yourself from the conversation. All because I insisted I did trust my memory on this subject. 

And you do that, EVEN THOUGH I gave you examples of how I accept my limitations and acknowledge that I, JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE have false memories, dreams, memory changes (not to count many other things like simple exaggerations, or the desire to make a buck on the UFO circuit..)

Right, and I told you why none of your experiences were relevant to mine. 

AGAIN - What a ludicrous interpretation of what I explained in detail!  You have invented a straw man - I did NOT say that at all.   You should apologise for this sort of disgraceful attempt to misrepresent what I said.

That’s hilarious. You said right in this post that there are MANY REASONS why memories can not be trusted. 

FTR, most memories will be reasonably accurate, but a significant portion of EVERYONE's memories will be inaccurate.  Ask any psychologist/psychiatrist.  Refer to the work by Elizabeth Loftus.  And I gave you several friggin personal examples above.

Ok. I agreed with this though. I don’t understand what your tantrum is about? 

This sort of bull**** is why you get people's backs up, pm.  Don't EVER ask me to politely buy into your stuff again.  I will however, point out the flaws in your reasoning and point back to this thread, where your deliberate attempts to poison the 'debate' is just appalling.  Shame on you. 

First I never asked you to buy anything. I have always said that I more than understood why you didn’t believe my story. Going so far as to say if we switched spots I wouldn’t believe you either. So your hand waving victimhood tantrum is based upon on a false perception. It’s outright ridiculous how utterly offended you are. Like I just kicked your puppy. Take some meds or something. You sound unhinged. 

I’ve had one point, and one point only. Your belief that flying saucers do not exist is wrong. 

I no longer respect yours.

Relax man. You need me to sing you a song? 

Edited by preacherman76

I found the perfect way to get totally ignored, ask true believers to explain how an object moving around in the sky the size of a Walmart lit up like a disco has only one sergeant telling the tale where is the myriad of other witnesses that would be a must, at least some collaborative reports from his alleged team,

But nothing crickets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Sure, but I don’t believe that is the case with every memory. Considering how many times I have combed through my story with a fine tooth comb since the day it happened, I’m secure in knowing it’s become part of my permanent long term memory.

All I will respond to are those 2 sentences, as they sum up your ludicrous position.

You said "I don’t believe that is the case with every memory".

NO-ONE SAID IT WAS.  Drop these time-wasting strawmen, please. 

Some of your memories might be relatively accurate, but MOST will be flawed. Some (likely many), will be SEVERELY flawed or even completely false, having originally come from a dream or other hallucination.  That is due to all the inherent problems with initial perceptions, multiplied by all the things that your brain does with memories.

Problem is, YOU don't get to choose.  Same as I don't for mine.  BTW, imo there is a direct correlation here - the wilder the claims, the more likely they are to be misremembered (hopefully not deliberately..).

The absolute WORST person to judge the correctness of your memories is ... YOU.

And then you said "Considering how many times I have combed through my story with a fine tooth comb since the day it happened, I’m secure in knowing it’s become part of my permanent long term memory."

Say what?  The more times you access it, the more times it will subtly (or unsubtly change) and/or be embellished, and that doesn't even include the memories that are based on dreams/etc.  As for being secure in your knowledge, like I said above, you are the worst person to judge that.  Let me spell this out for you - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PERMANENT LONG TERM MEMORY.  Ask any psychologist or psychiatrist.

So stop kidding yourself.  You are human, and you do not have any special powers of recall that are immune from the fallibility of human perception and memories.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

All I will respond to are those 2 sentences, as they sum up your ludicrous position.

You said "I don’t believe that is the case with every memory".

NO-ONE SAID IT WAS.  Drop these time-wasting strawmen, please. 

Some of your memories might be relatively accurate, but MOST will be flawed. Some (likely many), will be SEVERELY flawed or even completely false, having originally come from a dream or other hallucination.  That is due to all the inherent problems with initial perceptions, multiplied by all the things that your brain does with memories.

Problem is, YOU don't get to choose.  Same as I don't for mine.  BTW, imo there is a direct correlation here - the wilder the claims, the more likely they are to be misremembered (hopefully not deliberately..).

The absolute WORST person to judge the correctness of your memories is ... YOU.

And then you said "Considering how many times I have combed through my story with a fine tooth comb since the day it happened, I’m secure in knowing it’s become part of my permanent long term memory."

Say what?  The more times you access it, the more times it will subtly (or unsubtly change) and/or be embellished, and that doesn't even include the memories that are based on dreams/etc.  As for being secure in your knowledge, like I said above, you are the worst person to judge that.  Let me spell this out for you - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PERMANENT LONG TERM MEMORY.  Ask any psychologist or psychiatrist.

So stop kidding yourself.  You are human, and you do not have any special powers of recall that are immune from the fallibility of human perception and memories.

Very well said.

What is glaring in such cases where a person makes extraordinary claims of stuff like huge craft in the sky, entities tossing them across a room , or Bigfoot was right there etc is they never have collaborative supporting evidence only their story and tell us that's enough to prove it to them.
That's fine but they can't expect it to be proof past their minds yet they do, their huge fragile egos expect them to be hailed as gifted  genius and you see the meltdown when they of course are not.

Reminds me of this kid who lived next door for a while when I was a kid he was very autistic and a radical in your face type personality, his go to was "god said it, I believe it, that settles it." He would use that for almost anything and everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2024 at 4:37 AM, ChrLzs said:

In the last 50 years, and especially in the last 20, our surveillance of the skies has increased by millions of orders of magnitude. ...

So if this was/is a thing, why isn't somebody capturing it?

I have seen only one ufo (all 120 to 140 meters of it, at a distance of slightly more than six meters) in nearly 67 years, so they are not that common in urban areas.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Ell said:

I have seen only one ufo (all 120 to 140 meters of it, at a distance of slightly more than six meters) in nearly 67 years, so they are not that common in urban areas.

Any collaborative evidence on that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Ell said:

Are you saying that you were 6 meters away from something that you couldnt identify... that was in the air and over 100 meters long?

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 4