Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

USAF sergeant encountered 'Walmart-sized' UFO and 'four beings'

21 hours ago, Ell said:

I have seen only one ufo (all 120 to 140 meters of it, at a distance of slightly more than six meters) in nearly 67 years, so they are not that common in urban areas.

'not that common'?  I'd say vanishingly rare.  Extinct, even.  Given that we now monitor the skies millions of time more comprehensively and accurately than we did say 50 years ago, and virtually every one has a pretty decent camera with them at all times... gosh darn, we are sooooo unlucky there isn't footage regarding an alleged sighting like that one, especially in an urban area where lots of people hang out, and lots of security cameras hang off buildings, etc..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Ell said:

I have seen only one ufo (all 120 to 140 meters of it, at a distance of slightly more than six meters) in nearly 67 years, so they are not that common in urban areas.

How did you gauge the alleged size of an object in the air?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

Any collaborative evidence on that?

A couple of days later there was a very small notice in the local newspaper explaining what some people might have seen. It was all a lie: I saw it up very close and what I saw did not concur with the brief explanation in the newspaper.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Are you saying that you were 6 meters away from something that you couldnt identify... that was in the air and over 100 meters long?

Maybe six meters and forty centimeters. I counted the seconds and got very tired when I reached sixty and at that moment only half of it had passed overhead at a strong walking pace. It was like standing at the bottom of a shallow sea and seeing a ship passing above. I counted 120 seconds, so I estimate that it was about 120 to 140 metres in length.

Aliens! I thought of course. It was only later that I realized that it snuck across the town in order to retrieve some high tech instrument that must have been built over here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, the13bats said:

How did you gauge the alleged size of an object in the air?

I counted the seconds of it passing overhead and estimated that it was going at a strong walking pace. So with some uncertainty I estimate that it was about 120 to 140 meters in length.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 8:55 AM, Cho Jinn said:

What does it mean to "prove" something?

Cho, I'm disappointed.  Earlier you were flinging your thesaurus in all directions, giving the impression that you were an expert...  And now you ask that question, on a topic where a quite specific claim is being made?  Hmm..

Anyway, let's be specific - The claim, that is in need of 'proving' is this, agreed?

At least some UFO's are piloted by alienz, buzzing earth (but keeping just the right distance to be out of visual ID range).

So, if you don't know what 'proof' of that would be... well, can I ask you a question that, when you think about it, might give you an Ohhh! moment..  Forgive me for using this analogy twice, but it seems apt again, here.  Ready?  Ask yourself this...

Let's assume that before you had ever seen one in the flesh, that someone made a claim that a beast with an incredibly long neck and legs, and what looked like little knobby antennas on its head, could be found in some regions of Africa.  How would you, or anyone, go about PROVING that?  Now before you head to your nearest zoo to pat and feed a giraffe ... what would convince any average, rational human being of it's existence?  Is there any doubt in your mind about giraffes?

If it's still not getting through, maybe look up some words.

Axiom.  Theorem.  Postulate.  Science.  Scientific evidence.

And if all else fails, let me know and I'll dig up a post of mine back on some other thread, that gives several simple, easy-to-achieve examples of evidentiary proof.  The same sort of stuff that would prove a giraffe, or indeed any physical thing.   Those 'acceptable proofs' are not even vaguely onerous, if that's the point you are trying to make.  But consider it a challenge...  I'm up for it.

Hope that helps.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 5

Also too, proofs are the purview of mathmatics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Resume said:

Also too, proofs are the purview of mathmatics.

I think what he means is 'acceptable evidence'.  Then he'll question what is 'acceptable' and compare it to a court (where testimony is given a little bit of weight), not realising that we are talking about scientific, not legal, evidence.  Scientific evidence does NOT include anecdotes or testimony..

It's a well-worn path to nowhere.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

I think what he means is 'acceptable evidence'.  Then he'll question what is 'acceptable' and compare it to a court (where testimony is given a little bit of weight), not realising that we are talking about scientific, not legal, evidence.  Scientific evidence does NOT include anecdotes or testimony..

It's a well-worn path to nowhere.

The old saw is that the plural of anecdote is not data, but it is of a sort; it is proof that people said a thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ell said:

Maybe six meters and forty centimeters. I counted the seconds and got very tired when I reached sixty and at that moment only half of it had passed overhead at a strong walking pace. It was like standing at the bottom of a shallow sea and seeing a ship passing above. I counted 120 seconds, so I estimate that it was about 120 to 140 metres in length.

Aliens! I thought of course. It was only later that I realized that it snuck across the town in order to retrieve some high tech instrument that must have been built over here.

This makes zero sense to me.

Unless you were a stoned diver standing on bottom looking up at a big ship (boat) passing overhead.

• Like 3

I'm calling B.S.  No way you were that close to something and don't have a more detailed description. Additionally if something were truly that large to take up your immediate POV, there is no way you could accurately gauge it's size or dimensions. Just get out of here with the nonsense.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 9:06 PM, ChrLzs said:

All I will respond to are those 2 sentences, as they sum up your ludicrous position.

You said "I don’t believe that is the case with every memory".

NO-ONE SAID IT WAS.  Drop these time-wasting strawmen, please. 

Some of your memories might be relatively accurate, but MOST will be flawed. Some (likely many), will be SEVERELY flawed or even completely false, having originally come from a dream or other hallucination.  That is due to all the inherent problems with initial perceptions, multiplied by all the things that your brain does with memories.

You need to make up your mind. Before you said most memories are relatively accurate. Now some might be? And why are you yelling? 

Problem is, YOU don't get to choose.  Same as I don't for mine.  BTW, imo there is a direct correlation here - the wilder the claims, the more likely they are to be misremembered (hopefully not deliberately..).

The absolute WORST person to judge the correctness of your memories is ... YOU.

And then you said "Considering how many times I have combed through my story with a fine tooth comb since the day it happened, I’m secure in knowing it’s become part of my permanent long term memory."

Say what?  The more times you access it, the more times it will subtly (or unsubtly change) and/or be embellished, and that doesn't even include the memories that are based on dreams/etc.  As for being secure in your knowledge, like I said above, you are the worst person to judge that.  Let me spell this out for you - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PERMANENT LONG TERM MEMORY.  Ask any psychologist or psychiatrist.

Accept my story hasn’t changed. Not one bit. I’ve written it. I’ve made videos about it. I’ve told it many times over many years often to the same people. Who have never once said I changed any part of it. 

And BS there is no such thing as long term permanent memory. I still remember word for word the preamble to the constitution after being forced to recite it in 10th grade. 

Long-term memory can hold an unlimited amount of information for an indefinite period of time. Short-term memories become long-term memories in a region of the brain called the hippocampus. Another part of the brain called the cortex stores these long-term memories.

So stop kidding yourself.  You are human, and you do not have any special powers of recall that are immune from the fallibility of human perception and memories.

That isn’t my memory alone that I have to rely on. It’s a collective of those who were there. The impression that others had, starting the very next day after telling several people the story. Not only this but the stories of many in this area who similar things have happened to. 

Bottom line. It most definitely happened. No matter how upset it makes you. You can disbelieve in the existence of flying saucers, and that’s great. You are just wrong. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1

Thread cleaned

Let's keep things civil and constructive please, folks.

On 6/7/2024 at 2:46 AM, Ell said:

I counted the seconds of it passing overhead and estimated that it was going at a strong walking pace. So with some uncertainty I estimate that it was about 120 to 140 meters in length.

This never happened. You are either lying now or your brain was playing tricks on you back then. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2024 at 2:37 AM, Ell said:

Again. This is absolute nonsense.

• Like 4

On 5/31/2024 at 6:36 AM, preacherman76 said:

See bullies, when push comes to shove are usually cowards. That’s why you have me on “ignore” 

Consider it an Honor, preacherman. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So let's summarise, and try to clean up this thread too...  Over on another thread, to a true believer who has also lurked here a bit, I said the following .. but this time it's to Preacherman:

Give us your considered opinion on what it was, and if piloted, who was doing that?  More importantly, is THIS seriously your best evidence for whatever you are claiming, and what should we do now, decades after the event, and without any similar cases?  Over to you..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/7/2024 at 6:39 PM, Trelane said:

I'm calling B.S.  No way you were that close to something and don't have a more detailed description. Additionally if something were truly that large to take up your immediate POV, there is no way you could accurately gauge it's size or dimensions. Just get out of here with the nonsense.

Is that directed at me? If so: yes, I could tell a bit more, but I won't. (I have also forgotten some details as my observation happened long ago.)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ell said:

Is that directed at me? If so: yes, I could tell a bit more, but I won't. (I have also forgotten some details as my observation happened long ago.)

It was probably a fantasy/daydream. 

Little kid have those all the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 6/6/2024 at 8:27 PM, Ell said:

A couple of days later there was a very small notice in the local newspaper explaining what some people might have seen. It was all a lie: I saw it up very close and what I saw did not concur with the brief explanation in the newspaper.

Share with us what the paper claimed it was please.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Consider it an Honor, preacherman. 

Yeah, weird some are that emersed obsessed with people who have placed them on ignore. They need a different focus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ell said:

That's correct memories are very flawed they change, morph and blanks get filled in as time passes some folks ego have issues accepting this known fact.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2024 at 8:37 PM, Ell said:

You are just guessing, you are basing your measurements off unknowns, you have no clue what it was, guessing at size guessing at distance from you, it means zip.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

"In other news a Marine Corps sergeant states he encountered a Lowe's sized UFO over Twentynine Palms" 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3