Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Taylor Swift, Beyoncé and Mitt Romney: Key endorsements to watch ahead of November

OverSword

With the 2024 general election less than six months away, both President Biden and former President Trump will be eyeing critical endorsements that could put them over the top in November.

While experts and voters have raised questions about the influence of these endorsements, figures who are popular with one party or the country at large can act as key surrogates for the candidates. Although most top Democrats and Republicans have already backed their parties’ presumptive nominees, several other major endorsements may come in the upcoming months.

Here are some key endorsements to watch for this year.

Link

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6wKzWhPSfpVSqEp6Oqid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Well Cardi B done said she was not endorsing Biden...that settles it for me 🤣

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Locke, Aristotle, Hegel,  Aquinos, Cicero Swift, Beyoncé…..

• Haha 1

Honestly, they'll do more for the election if they tell their fans "look... just go vote.  Get your friends to go vote, too."  They don't HAVE to say "I endorse..."

Their music and beliefs attract people who find these concepts to be appealing (like country music singers also have their audience.)  They tend to vote along those lines... so simply telling people to register and then vote has a bigger influence than announcing who to vote for.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

Yes indeed,i can't wait for my favourite bubble dwelling,dead eyed puppet to tell me who to vote for.😋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kenemet said:

Honestly, they'll do more for the election if they tell their fans "look... just go vote.  Get your friends to go vote, too."  They don't HAVE to say "I endorse..."

Their music and beliefs attract people who find these concepts to be appealing (like country music singers also have their audience.)  They tend to vote along those lines... so simply telling people to register and then vote has a bigger influence than announcing who to vote for.

I would not encourage adults that are not registered to vote to go do so because in my opinion that simply adds up to more uninformed voters swaying the election towards whoever has the coolest ad on YouTube.  I would be all for some kind of civics test requirement to be eligible to vote if I were king.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I would not encourage adults that are not registered to vote to go do so because in my opinion that simply adds up to more uninformed voters swaying the election towards whoever has the coolest ad on YouTube.  I would be all for some kind of civics test requirement to be eligible to vote if I were king.

The founding fathers expected and wanted uninformed voters.  It's why they created the electoral college system.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The founding fathers expected and wanted uninformed voters.  It's why they created the electoral college system.  

Only for the presidency.  IMO not the most important thing we vote for.

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Only for the presidency.  IMO not the most important thing we vote for.

Not to be mean, but I have yet to meet an "informed voter" who could even name all the candidates for a given position, let alone anything about them all.  I think our system takes into account that we will elect morons and has a checks and balances system to ensure that only the important things happen.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

:lol: Charlamagne tha God said he won't be endorsing Biden either but hints he will vote for him. Sometimes I think celebs just want more attention when they think they are not getting enough attention. :rolleyes:

Charlmagne tha God Calls Out ‘The View’ Hosts for Pushing Celebs to Explicitly Endorse Political Candidates

Charlamagne tha God won’t be explicitly endorsing either presidential candidate this year, though he has made his opinion on Donald Trump very clear. He pushed back on the hosts of “The View” on Wednesday morning when asked why he wouldn’t explicitly, publicly endorse Biden.

The host and comedian stopped by the ABC talk show in support of his new book, “Get Honest or Die Lying: Why Small Talk Sucks,” and naturally, he and the women got onto the topic of politics pretty quickly. Host Sunny Hostin immediately questioned his decision not to endorse anyone in 2024, saying “Now is not the time, in my opinion, to sit this one out.”

But, Charlamagne was quick to note that he’s not sitting out the election at all. He’s “definitely voting in November,” but he’s voting over issues at large, not the candidates themselves. Plus, he thinks what he’s already said publicly makes it very clear who he’s voting for.

“If I’m sitting here telling my listeners that, you know, you have somebody out there who is a threat to democracy, you have somebody out there who said they want to suspend the constitution and overthrow the results of an election, you saw this person try to lead an attempted coup of this country,” he said. “And I’m telling people that this guy’s a threat to democracy — have you ever read ‘Project 25?’ There’s only two candidates out there. So, if I’m saying that about this individual, the choice is clear, right?”

Edited by Katniss
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

:lol: Charlamagne tha God said he won't be endorsing Biden either but hints he will vote for him. Sometimes I think celebs just want attention. :rolleyes:

Charlmagne tha God Calls Out ‘The View’ Hosts for Pushing Celebs to Explicitly Endorse Political Candidates

Why of course he will,him and Kamala gonna jam out to some Snoop and Tupac again in the 80's 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Not to be mean, but I have yet to meet an "informed voter" who could even name all the candidates for a given position, let alone anything about them all.  I think our system takes into account that we will elect morons and has a checks and balances system to ensure that only the important things happen.

Regardless if some adult is not already registered to vote I will not encourage them.

30 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Regardless if some adult is not already registered to vote I will not encourage them.

I'm the opposite.  I think people should participate and get informed.  If we reserve it only for "informed" people, it goes from being a right to a privilege.  I'd almost go as far as to be like Brazil and Austrailia that makes voting mandatory.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I'm the opposite.  I think people should participate and get informed.  If we reserve it only for "informed" people, it goes from being a right to a privilege.  I'd almost go as far as to be like Brazil and Austrailia that makes voting mandatory.

If you need me to encourage you to vote after having attended American schools, grown up on WWII movies and witnessed the last two presidential elections then F you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

If you need me to encourage you to vote after having attended American schools, grown up on WWII movies and witnessed the last two presidential elections then F you.

Not you.  Taylor Swift!  

But you don't seem to be encouraging or neutral on the matter.  You appear to be actually discouraging people from the flow of the posts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Our Constitution doesn't say you need a test to be allowed to vote.  That was tried back in the Jim Crow era and it turned out to disenfranchise a lot of legitimate voters.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Our Constitution doesn't say you need a test to be allowed to vote.  That was tried back in the Jim Crow era and it turned out to disenfranchise a lot of legitimate voters.

I am aware.  I just indicated I would be for it if an amendment were proposed.  I don't want uninformed, lazy or stupid people to vote and am happy not encouraging them to do so.

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You appear to be actually discouraging people from the flow of the posts.

Stupid lazy uninformed and uninterested people.  You ever heard the saying "The dumbest by the mostest"?

Edited by OverSword

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Stupid lazy uninformed and uninterested people.  You ever heard the saying "The dumbest by the mostest"?

Hah, better not say that too loud.  Some people that like to post crowd sizes or use the phrase, "70 million people" will be upset.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Hah, better not say that too loud.  Some people that like to post crowd sizes or use the phrase, "70 million people" will be upset.

Didn't Trump use a pic of a Taylor Swift concert claiming the turn out was for his rally?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Speaking of endorsements… I thought All Along that both (fake as a 3$ bill) Nikki Haley, and Ron Desantis  (go to Mara Lago and kiss the ring upon dropping out) never had any intention of staying in the race…but would drop out and then endorse Trump.   Who do you think that will benefit most?      Correct.       
         I still think a Trump/Swift ticket would be foolproof,  so to speak.

Edited by lightly
  • Haha 1