Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon Says None of Food Aid Moved Through Gaza Pier Has Made It to Palestinians

OverSword

The Pentagon said Tuesday that it believes none of the hundreds of tons of aid delivered over several days via a military-built pier in Gaza has made it to Palestinians.

The pier, erected by the U.S. Army to ease the humanitarian crisis amid the Israel-Hamas war, was secured to the Gaza shoreline Thursday, and trucks began dropping off pallets of food ashore on Friday. But the United Nations reported difficulties moving the aid once it reached the shore, including an apparent ambush that reportedly turned deadly.

Pentagon spokesman Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder told reporters Tuesday that more than 569 metric tons of aid had been delivered to Gaza via the pier, called a Joint Logistics Over-the-Shore operation, or JLOTS, but that it did not appear that any of it had actually been delivered to the starving residents of Gaza.

Link

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Imagine that...

569 metric tons...

A whole lotta waste.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Imagine that...

569 metric tons...

A whole lotta waste.

Feeding Hamas fighters.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Feeding Hamas fighters.

The article says that some of the shipments were attacked by Israeli Settlers.

"Major news outlets have also reported that Israeli settlers have taken to attacking aid shipments at border crossings. The Guardian reported Tuesday that some groups have even accused Israeli security forces of tipping off settlers to aid convoy routes -- in turn, allowing them to attack or block them."- from your article.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The article says that some of the shipments were attacked by Israeli Settlers.

As part of the Israeli disengagement from the Gaza Strip in 2005, Israel dismantled all 21 settlements in the Gaza Strip.  So one has to wonder where are these settlements in Gaza that are stealing humanitarian aid?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

As part of the Israeli disengagement from the Gaza Strip in 2005, Israel dismantled all 21 settlements in the Gaza Strip.  So one has to wonder where are these settlements in Gaza that are stealing humanitarian aid?

Are you throwing doubt on the veracity of your own link?  If it is lying about this statement, it might be lying about the whole topic.  I don't see the logic in defending your own links for you.

• Like 4

Conflict is only bearable if you paint a picture in all black and white.  One always has to believe they are the righteous ones fighting the demons.  If both sides share the same grey, it is harder to tell friend from foe by their actions.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Are you throwing doubt on the veracity of your own link?  If it is lying about this statement, it might be lying about the whole topic.  I don't see the logic in defending your own links for you.

My link says "other news outlets reported" Not quite the same.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The aid that enters Gaza from the pier that the American military built, the 569 metric tons that is the main focus, is different from the aid going over the boarder that sometimes gets attacked by Israeli settlers which is also mentioned by the same article.

Ultimately 569 metric tons of aid were delivered directly to Gaza and none of it reached the civilian population.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

So I clicked on the "other news outlet" link in the OP link.  UN food agency warns that the new US sea route for Gaza aid may fail unless conditions improve | AP News

It says that 5 out the 16 convoys made it to the warehouses, that the convoys were swarmed by Palestinians and looted, and for the deadly attack- the victim was shot on a beach side road that is the portion guarded by Israeli troops. 

"Asked about the shooting, the Israeli army told the AP, using the acronym for the Israel Defense Forces. "The IDF is currently focused on eliminatin the threat from the terrorist organization Hamas.""- from the link below.

UN food agency warns that the new US sea route for Gaza aid may fail unless conditions improve | AP News

So some aid did get through, Palestinians are the ones doing the looting, and Israel seems to behind the death in "the ambush that turned deadly".

• Like 5

How to ensure humanitarian aid gets to the right people in Gaza - analysis

Getting aid right in Gaza will require finding a way to keep Hamas from stealing it and making sure the NGOs are transparent about where it is going.

Several recent reports indicated that while the US had delivered around 569 metric tons of aid to Gaza, it was not clear if it actually reached the people who needed it. This has raised questions about the US-built pier that took months to plan and build.

The pier is only one of many ways aid is reaching Gaza, however, and all of them, including the crossings, are problematic. The reason for this is the nature of how humanitarian organizations have worked in Gaza for many years.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-802274

• Like 3

Is the IDF in charge of security in Gaza or not?  The pier was built to keep US troops out of harms way by not entering Gaza, I like that. I am not going to beat up the US because Israel and the Palestinians can't get it together.  If Hamas is taking the food from this point, then despite their bragging and bombing, the  IDF has failed to secure any of Gaza. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just yesterday Netanyahu said 80% of Palestinians support Hamas(in his response to Ireland, Norway, etc recognizing Palestinian statehood) essentially implying that even if food aid is delivered it's Hamas or 80% of Hamas supporting civilians who are getting the aid anyhow. 

Basically saying, they are all Hamas. 

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Is the IDF in charge of security in Gaza or not?  The pier was built to keep US troops out of harms way by not entering Gaza, I like that. I am not going to beat up the US because Israel and the Palestinians can't get it together.  If Hamas is taking the food from this point, then despite their bragging and bombing, the  IDF has failed to secure any of Gaza. 

It's a bit more complex than we might realize. I don't know if you've had a chance to read the article I posted above (and again below), but it explains the complexities and conflicting interests that hamper smooth aid deliveries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

For first time, UN says it distributed aid that arrived to Gaza via US pier

WASHINGTON — The UN World Food Program says that it has handed out in Gaza in recent days a “limited number” of high-energy biscuits that arrived from a US-built pier, the first aid from the new humanitarian sea route to get into the hands of Palestinians in grave need.

The small number of biscuits came in the first shipments unloaded from the pier Friday, WFP spokesman Steve Taravella says. The US Agency for International Development tells The Associated Press that a total of 41 trucks loaded with aid from the more than $320 million pier have reached humanitarian organizations in Gaza.

“Aid is flowing” from the pier, US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan told reporters Wednesday in response to questions about the troubled launch of aid deliveries from the maritime project. “It is not flowing at a rate that any of us are happy with.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/for-first-time-un-says-it-distributed-aid-that-arrived-to-gaza-via-us-pier/

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Fixed heading.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, acidhead said:

Just yesterday Netanyahu said 80% of Palestinians support Hamas(in his response to Ireland, Norway, etc recognizing Palestinian statehood) essentially implying that even if food aid is delivered it's Hamas or 80% of Hamas supporting civilians who are getting the aid anyhow. 

Basically saying, they are all Hamas. 

I've got no sympathy for Hamas nor Netanyahu.  The true victims of the tragedy in the Gaza strip are the Palestinian civilians.  The ones that have grown under an oppressive regime internally and soppressed externally by Israel.  The figure of 80% Palestinians supporting Hamas is BS, simply because you can't believe in the accuracy of a poll taken in a place controlled by a terrorist group prepared to kill anyone opposed to its rule.  Not too dissimilar to a poll in Russia where opinions contrary to the government gets you flying out of a window or with food poisoning.

I believe Hamas are the ones stopping aid from reaching the population and have been doing so since day one.  Let's hear it from the horse's mouth, going back 6 months when Hamas was in control of every crossing, or rather, after trucks entered all crossings and there was no pier.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It's a bit more complex than we might realize. I don't know if you've had a chance to read the article I posted above (and again below), but it explains the complexities and conflicting interests that hamper smooth aid deliveries.

Thanks.  I was pretty sure the US coordinated with IDF before they chose the location of the pier, an d that IDF also controlled a couple of other entry points.  There are also a couple of crossings controlled by Hamas.    I think this is the situation the US and others were warning Israel about.  The IDF can level hundreds of buildings, kill thousands of people, and put troops and equipment in Gaza and yet  Hamas keeps popping up like an infection.  Doing more of the same will not remedy that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

The IDF can level hundreds of buildings, kill thousands of people, and put troops and equipment in Gaza and yet  Hamas keeps popping up like an infection.  Doing more of the same will not remedy that.

Care to offer the solution you obviously seem to believe is possible?  Israelis can reoccupy, and guard the enclave until Hamas is incapable of organized warfare or the IDF can listen to those like you, retreat, and wait until the next slaughter comes.  Only the strong survive there.  Those who think like typical left-leaning types, eventually get slaughtered, themselves.  SOME PROBLEMS HAVE NO SOLUTION.  The best that can be done is to manage and try to keep your enemy from destroying you.

Maybe as the Hamas insurgency kicks in and the other 60% or so of habitable buildings are turned to rubble, the world will finally grasp that Israel is no longer going to be bullied or shamed into offering up the blood of their people as a sacrifice to a world that always has and always will hate them for breathing.  

44 minutes ago, and-then said:

Care to offer the solution you obviously seem to believe is possible?  Israelis can reoccupy, and guard the enclave until Hamas is incapable of organized warfare or the IDF can listen to those like you, retreat, and wait until the next slaughter comes.  Only the strong survive there.  Those who think like typical left-leaning types, eventually get slaughtered, themselves.  SOME PROBLEMS HAVE NO SOLUTION.  The best that can be done is to manage and try to keep your enemy from destroying you.

Maybe as the Hamas insurgency kicks in and the other 60% or so of habitable buildings are turned to rubble, the world will finally grasp that Israel is no longer going to be bullied or shamed into offering up the blood of their people as a sacrifice to a world that always has and always will hate them for breathing.  

Did I say retreat?  Never did.  But I am so happy to see you get it.  BINGO.  This way has no solution.  That is what experience has taught the US and that was what they tried to pass along.  You need to have an endgame in mind before you step into the quagmire. Do you ever think strategically or do you just charge into every situation likesome dumb animal and wind up in quicksand?  If you sink in the quicksand, you may be a martyr for your country, but you let the terrorists get away.

If Israel wants to win peace, their goal is to take away Hamas.  They are not accomplishing that. I would like Israel to win a secure and lasting peace.  They deserve that. 

Some people seem to think about them as pawns and are only worried about getting their temple rebuilt,

• Like 3

Three US troops suffer non-combat injuries during Gaza pier operation

Three US troops have suffered noncombat injuries during the operation to establish and operate a pier off the coast of Gaza to bring humanitarian aid to Palestinians, US Vice Admiral Brad Cooper, the deputy commander of US Central Command, said on Thursday.

Cooper told reporters that two of the injuries including a sprained ankle and a minor back injury. The third injury was airlifted to an Israeli hospital and is in critical condition.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-802474

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2024 at 9:16 PM, Black Red Devil said:

I believe Hamas are the ones stopping aid from reaching the population and have been doing so since day one. 

Exactly.

The more than 500 metric tons of aid from the US, provided through the US-built pier, was first looted by Hamas. Hamas not only targeted the Israeli soldiers protecting the passage, killing three of them, they also targeted the Palestinian civilians who were helping Israel in the distribution of that aid.

Hamas has been stealing aid/money meant for Palestinian civilians for many years — money they used to build and arm their terror organization, and also to line their pockets. Palestinian civilians suffer while Hamas leaders count their billions from their mansions in Doha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

US naval vessels disconnect from Gaza aid pier, wash up on Israeli beaches

American vessels connected to a floating pier near the Gaza Strip disconnected Saturday from the jetty due to stormy seas, leading them to get stuck on the coast off Israel, US Central Command said in a statement.

In total, four vessels broke free from their moorings, CENTCOM said, adding that no injuries were reported and the aid pier remains fully functional. One of the ships got stuck on a beach at the southern end of Ashdod, and another ship sent to extract the stuck vessel also got beached.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-naval-vessels-disconnect-from-gaza-aid-pier-wash-up-on-israeli-beaches/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

US naval vessels disconnect from Gaza aid pier, wash up on Israeli beaches

American vessels connected to a floating pier near the Gaza Strip disconnected Saturday from the jetty due to stormy seas, leading them to get stuck on the coast off Israel, US Central Command said in a statement.

In total, four vessels broke free from their moorings, CENTCOM said, adding that no injuries were reported and the aid pier remains fully functional. One of the ships got stuck on a beach at the southern end of Ashdod, and another ship sent to extract the stuck vessel also got beached.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-naval-vessels-disconnect-from-gaza-aid-pier-wash-up-on-israeli-beaches/

⚠️trigger warning! Bad joke ahead ⚠️

I'd say that is a clear sign God is against it. Add it up with the worst hurricane and storm season in the US on-going since winter, since they decided to go weak on their support for Israel: God is for sure against it. The new tower of Babel is now the pier of Palestine.