Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Half of Swing-State Voters Fear Violence Around US Election

Half of swing-state voters say they’re worried about violence surrounding the US presidential election, suggesting misgivings about how an acrimonious race and its results will be received by a highly polarized electorate.

Roughly equal shares of Democrats and Republicans hold that fear, and it is even more common among independents, a Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll found. That result makes for a backdrop of apprehension as President Joe Biden and Republican Donald Trump gear up to spar in a debate in June and put on shows of pageantry before thousands of people at their nominating conventions this summer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ar-BB1mPZdL

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WVK said:

Half of swing-state voters say they’re worried about violence surrounding the US presidential election, suggesting misgivings about how an acrimonious race and its results will be received by a highly polarized electorate.

Roughly equal shares of Democrats and Republicans hold that fear, and it is even more common among independents, a Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll found. That result makes for a backdrop of apprehension as President Joe Biden and Republican Donald Trump gear up to spar in a debate in June and put on shows of pageantry before thousands of people at their nominating conventions this summer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ar-BB1mPZdL

"Put on shows of pageantry"...

Sorry but words are starting to lose meaning. 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well sure the American people are worried perhaps scared, the world watched a sore loser cry baby man child make claims of election fraud his own legal team proved false go on to insite and exhort his minions into raiding the capital to try to steal the election from the American people some were chanting to hang the VP because BOM said he didn't sell his soul and play along. Thankfully this attempted insurrection was just an bumbling epic life costing failure as dolt45 s term,

This is his last chance he needs to win to pardon himself family and friends from the myriad crimes they have committed or will, so people dont know what this mentally unstable and desperate man will try, he's not a sitting potus this time if he pushes too hard the authorities will step in.

Oh, and no, half the country do not worship Trump in fact very few do.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Methodology

The Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll surveyed 4,962 registered voters in seven swing states: 795 registered voters in Arizona, 795 in Georgia, 704 in Michigan, 459 in Nevada, 704 in North Carolina, 812 in Pennsylvania and 693 in Wisconsin. The surveys were conducted online from May 7-13. The aggregated data across the seven swing states were weighted to approximate a target sample of swing-state registered voters based on gender, age, race/ethnicity, marital status, home ownership, 2020 presidential vote and state. State-level data were weighted to approximate a target sample of registered voters in the respective state based on gender, age, race/ethnicity, marital status, home ownership, and 2020 presidential vote. The statistical margin of error is plus or minus 1 percentage point across the seven states; 3 percentage points in Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania; 4 percentage points in Michigan, North Carolina, and Wisconsin, and 5 percentage points in Nevada.

Yay polls! :rolleyes: :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I heard and obviously didn't pay enough attention, ugh my OCD and brain fog been so bad for a while now anyhoo I read something about that Trump fixer lawyer that one who admitted Trump paid the sex trade workers hush money well that guy said Trump had a set up that put out fictional polls showing him ahead I guess a more elegant version of him saying two million were at his last rally but it looked like the crowd at a free endless gravy night at cracker barrel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

Oh, and no, half the country do not worship Trump in fact very few do.

Doesn't take a lot.  Most recent is that FBI standard boilerplate warrant authorizing deadly force being called a bombshell and that Biden was trying to assassinate Trump.  Then I think she just gave half a dozen crazies their marching orders.

House Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene has claimed the Department of Justice and FBI "were planning to assassinate Pres [President] Trump" during the August 2022 raid on Mar-a-Lago that recovered boxes full of classified documents that were being held by the former president.

It followed Trump's claim on his Truth Social website that the DOJ "AUTHORIZED THE FBI TO USE DEADLY (LETHAL) FORCE" during the operation. However in a statement the FBI insisted it followed "standard protocol" during the operation which "includes a standard policy statement" on the use of force.

image.thumb.png.14292f96891deeeda71af8ebb49409f4.png

and this from Trump who with his Secret Service bodyguards were in New Jersey when the FBI searched Mar-A-Lago:

In a fiery response, Mr Trump accused the Biden administration of soliciting the use of “deadly force” during the raid – which he called “unconstitutional” on Truth Social. He also sent his Maga followers a fundraising email with the subject line: “They were authorized to shoot me!”

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Doesn't take a lot.  Most recent is that FBI standard boilerplate warrant authorizing deadly force being called a bombshell and that Biden was trying to assassinate Trump.  Then I think she just gave half a dozen crazies their marching orders.

House Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene has claimed the Department of Justice and FBI "were planning to assassinate Pres [President] Trump" during the August 2022 raid on Mar-a-Lago that recovered boxes full of classified documents that were being held by the former president.

It followed Trump's claim on his Truth Social website that the DOJ "AUTHORIZED THE FBI TO USE DEADLY (LETHAL) FORCE" during the operation. However in a statement the FBI insisted it followed "standard protocol" during the operation which "includes a standard policy statement" on the use of force.

and this from Trump who with his Secret Service bodyguards were in New Jersey when the FBI searched Mar-A-Lago:

In a fiery response, Mr Trump accused the Biden administration of soliciting the use of “deadly force” during the raid – which he called “unconstitutional” on Truth Social. He also sent his Maga followers a fundraising email with the subject line: “They were authorized to shoot me!”

Very volatile scary times, she doesn't have to prove claims neither does he their subject believe any word he speaks,

If the doj and FBI were planning to take anyone out they wouldnt they?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

There’s a lot of speculation that the the government might have been involved in JFKs untimely death.  I don’t know what to believe about that.  I think the intelligence agencies were confident they could derail Trump with the Russian collusion  fabrication.  Had they been aware that it wouldn’t work, I’m not so sure Trump would still be around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, WVK said:

There’s a lot of speculation that the the government might have been involved in JFKs untimely death.  I don’t know what to believe about that.  I think the intelligence agencies were confident they could derail Trump with the Russian collusion  fabrication.  Had they been aware that it wouldn’t work, I’m not so sure Trump would still be around.

"There's a lot of speculation"  So?  There's a lot of speculation Trump is the   Antichrist too.  On the other hand, its possible  Trump will  collapse into full blown dementia in the next 5 months.  Those speculations all have one thing in common, they are not supported by facts.

You might apply a little logic to it and reason that if Trump gets taken out, he will be a martyr to the cause and raise the rage level to boiling.  If anybody does anything to Trump, MAGA people will blame the government.  so It is in the government's best interest to protect him. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, WVK said:

Wow, you know I have seen people bumblings like oh say Trumps minions on the 6th but I also have zero doubts that if a group like FBI or such wanted to take a person out that person wouldn't vanish, besides dolt45 is like a kult leader all his looney minions need is his being a martyr to really run amuck

Edited by the13bats

13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

"There's a lot of speculation"  So?  There's a lot of speculation Trump is the   Antichrist too.  On the other hand, its possible  Trump will  collapse into full blown dementia in the next 5 months.  Those speculations all have one thing in common, they are not supported by facts.

You might apply a little logic to it and reason that if Trump gets taken out, he will be a martyr to the cause and raise the rage level to boiling.  If anybody does anything to Trump, MAGA people will blame the government.  so It is in the government's best interest to protect him. 

Hah, I was babbling my version of that before reading yours, no. Trump is safe as a kitten.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

There's a lot of speculation Trump is the   Antichrist

I don't think I believe in such things any more but if I did he might make my list as a possibility but even ,$atan has his limits

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I don't think I believe in such things any more but if I did he might make my list as a possibility but even ,$atan has his limits

Well then put it into the Marvel Universe.  Trump has a superpower, he can't fly nor is he strong or even invisible, but he can convince many people of almost anything. He can get millions to believe and act.  That  is an incredible super power when you think of it. Depending on who you ask, he is either a supervillain or a superhero.  Of course, every villain is the hero in their own story.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well then put it into the Marvel Universe.  Trump has a superpower, he can't fly nor is he strong or even invisible, but he can convince many people of almost anything. He can get millions to believe and act.  That  is an incredible super power when you think of it. Depending on who you ask, he is either a supervillain or a superhero.  Of course, every villain is the hero in their own story.

Yeah, I see Trumps BS speel appeal to the least common denominators I see an era which some are so very angry, bitter, full of hate because of their failures that buying into the lazy blame others for it appeals to them, Trump uses fear, hate, blame your problems on someone else, your life sucks because of those people, ever notice he never accepts any accountability for his actions and he trained his minions to do that too the mob on the 6th see how he has their backs now, it's like a kult mindset and he is the leader god figure, thing is after 2024 he has nothing he can cry on truth social but he will be so busy with courts he will hurt to find golf time,

Yeah, I see the power he has and I have no clue what his more devoted subjects will do when he fails to steal 2024.

"brutally, psychologically flawed," Jourgensen told Cleveland Scene, "It’s amazing that the entire Republican platform is the worst thing that a working class person could want and yet we vote for them because they have figured out a way, the same way that the fascist parties in World War II era preyed on people’s fears which is exactly what Trump is doing. Blame your problems on someone else. 'This is why your life is bad' and 'You can be like me' if it wasn’t for all these immigrants and other people coming into the country. They prey on cultural issues and then they slip in other things that completely hurt the people while saying that they have our backs. The whole hypocrisy is so veneer-thin that a child could see through it, and I’ve often said that what scares me far worse than Trump is the Trump followers."

Read More: Ministry's Al Jourgensen Rails Against Donald Trump and His Supporters | https://diffuser.fm/ministry-al-jourgensen-donald-Trump/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2024 at 10:22 AM, Katniss said:

Yay polls! :rolleyes: :lol:

They’re only polls if they’re from Poland. Otherwise they’re just “quizzes”. 

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

Yeah, I see Trumps BS speel appeal to the least common denominators I see an era which some are so very angry, bitter, full of hate because of their failures that buying into the lazy blame others for it appeals to them, Trump uses fear, hate, blame your problems on someone else, your life sucks because of those people, ever notice he never accepts any accountability for his actions and he trained his minions to do that too the mob on the 6th see how he has their backs now, it's like a kult mindset and he is the leader god figure, thing is after 2024 he has nothing he can cry on truth social but he will be so busy with courts he will hurt to find golf time,

Yeah, I see the power he has and I have no clue what his more devoted subjects will do when he fails to steal 2024.

"brutally, psychologically flawed," Jourgensen told Cleveland Scene, "It’s amazing that the entire Republican platform is the worst thing that a working class person could want and yet we vote for them because they have figured out a way, the same way that the fascist parties in World War II era preyed on people’s fears which is exactly what Trump is doing. Blame your problems on someone else. 'This is why your life is bad' and 'You can be like me' if it wasn’t for all these immigrants and other people coming into the country. They prey on cultural issues and then they slip in other things that completely hurt the people while saying that they have our backs. The whole hypocrisy is so veneer-thin that a child could see through it, and I’ve often said that what scares me far worse than Trump is the Trump followers."

Read More: Ministry's Al Jourgensen Rails Against Donald Trump and His Supporters | https://diffuser.fm/ministry-al-jourgensen-donald-Trump/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

The art of redirection played at master's level.  People talk about the price of gas and forget that it took a shut down and a million people dying to make cheap gas in Trumps reign.  Was it worth it?  Is it worth it to our kids and grandkids when they find out he put 7 trillion more dollars on their credit cards?

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2024 at 7:27 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

They’re only polls if they’re from Poland. Otherwise they’re just “quizzes”. 

I’m sending you the bill for cleaning my coffee stained shorts mate…😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shadowsfall said:

I’m sending you the bill for cleaning my coffee stained shorts mate…😆

On second thoughts the pebble dash effect grows on you…