Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange ability

Forestfrequenter

I haven't introduced myself on the forum, so Hi!

Anyway, my first experience related to this strange phenomenon happened a few years ago. We watched some show or YouTube video about psychic powers, and afterwards I placed my hand on my girfriends shoulder while she was still  watching and I kept repeating in my mind, "my hand is burning" until the thought disappeared. She suddenly recoiled and flicked my hand away exclaiming that my hand was extremely hot, and she seemed troubled. I wrote it off as coincidence and forgot about the whole thing.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I found myself watching a tarot stream on a streaming platform. During the stream, the reader talked with someone in chat who claimed to send them a ball of energy and the reader claimed to feel it. This got me thinking back to what happened way back.

I'm not sure if I was just being silly, or what, but I started to think about the temperature in the streamers room going up and up. I thought about it for about 2 to 3 minutes and nothing happened. Then I let the thoughts dissappear and instead of instructing the temperature to go up, I went into not thinking, a kind of blank state where I knew it was going up (Like a reporter instead of instructor). I was shocked when the streamer stood up to open her window, complaining about the heat.

I was taken aback, but again reckoned it was just coincidence. But the next day, on the next stream I tried again, but this time imagined, and then knew the temperature was lower. And this time the streamer complained about the cold, about maybe getting ill and proceeded to put on a coat or knitted jersey not sure.

I did not test again, as I felt that if I was causing changes halfway across the world it was kind of an invasion of privacy or, at least not good to test this stuff without concent. I started to type in chat about it, but ended up just talking about it in general, too embarrassed to say what happened.

Anybody got thoughts about this? Do I have some ability or is my girlfriend and the streamer just sensitive to my foolish mind? Would it be okay to test this without informing someone? Was it just triple coincidence? I watched the vods over and over and I just can't make sense of it. If it's an ability I have, what would be the use of it?

8 minutes ago, Forestfrequenter said:

If it's an ability I have, what would be the use of it?

Melt snow to make drinking water with no fire in a survival situation?

PS.  Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Nothing more than confirmation bias.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Forestfrequenter said:

I haven't introduced myself on the forum, so Hi!

Anyway, my first experience related to this strange phenomenon happened a few years ago. We watched some show or YouTube video about psychic powers, and afterwards I placed my hand on my girfriends shoulder while she was still  watching and I kept repeating in my mind, "my hand is burning" until the thought disappeared. She suddenly recoiled and flicked my hand away exclaiming that my hand was extremely hot, and she seemed troubled. I wrote it off as coincidence and forgot about the whole thing.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I found myself watching a tarot stream on a streaming platform. During the stream, the reader talked with someone in chat who claimed to send them a ball of energy and the reader claimed to feel it. This got me thinking back to what happened way back.

I'm not sure if I was just being silly, or what, but I started to think about the temperature in the streamers room going up and up. I thought about it for about 2 to 3 minutes and nothing happened. Then I let the thoughts dissappear and instead of instructing the temperature to go up, I went into not thinking, a kind of blank state where I knew it was going up (Like a reporter instead of instructor). I was shocked when the streamer stood up to open her window, complaining about the heat.

I was taken aback, but again reckoned it was just coincidence. But the next day, on the next stream I tried again, but this time imagined, and then knew the temperature was lower. And this time the streamer complained about the cold, about maybe getting ill and proceeded to put on a coat or knitted jersey not sure.

I did not test again, as I felt that if I was causing changes halfway across the world it was kind of an invasion of privacy or, at least not good to test this stuff without concent. I started to type in chat about it, but ended up just talking about it in general, too embarrassed to say what happened.

Anybody got thoughts about this? Do I have some ability or is my girlfriend and the streamer just sensitive to my foolish mind? Would it be okay to test this without informing someone? Was it just triple coincidence? I watched the vods over and over and I just can't make sense of it. If it's an ability I have, what would be the use of it?

At least you overcome the embarrassment.

I've been researching such claims about 45 years and not once out of countless times has anyone claiming to have a gift shown me anything to make me think that they do, people like to be special and claims of paranormal gifts fit right in.

The only thing we listeners to your story have is just that your story and sure some are very much credious enough to believe stories at face value I'm not,

One thing is you have made claims you tried this three times and it worked all three times so if course more testing in a bit less biased atmosphere should take place.

• Like 1