Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope clears way for 'God's influencer' to become a saint

pellinore

Posted (edited)

This is evidence that God loves us- miraculous recoveries!

A London-born teenager - whose proficiency at spreading the teachings of the Catholic church online led to him being called "God's influencer" - is set to become a saint.

Carlo Acutis died in 2006, at the age of 15, meaning he would be the first millennial - a person born in the early 1980s to late 1990s - to be canonised.

It follows Pope Francis attributing a second miracle to him.

It involved the healing of university student in Florence who had bleeding on the brain after suffering head trauma.

Carlo Acutis had been beatified - the first step towards sainthood - in 2020, after he was attributed with his first miracle - healing a Brazilian child of a congenital disease affecting his pancreas.

The second miracle was approved by the Pope following a meeting with the Vatican's saint-making department.

Pope clears way for 'God's influencer' to become a saint - BBC News

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What a sweet looking boy. So tragic that his life came to such an early end.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of information regarding the two miracles attributed to him, although the article below does have some details on the second one. He passed away in 2006 and his body has been lying on display in a tomb in Assisi ever since. The first miracle was attributed to him in 2020 and the second just recently.

I don't know much about the Catholic church, but would they have put him on display because they deemed his contribution significant?

https://globalnews.ca/news/10520842/carlo-acutis-millennial-saint-pope-francis-gods-influencer/

• Like 1

So is he a "Blessed Influencer" now?  I mean he isn't canonized yet...

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I don't know much about the Catholic church, but would they have put him on display because they deemed his contribution significant?

The usual path to sainthood is to have an organization that pushes for your canonization. The "miracle" business is a round-about way of crowd sourcing sanctification.

The more people who know about your candidacy, the better chance there is that some of your fans will get terribly ill. The more of your fans get terribly ill, the better chance there is that one or two of them will have a spontaneous remission. "Spontaneous" means there is no known natural cause, and rare event + no known natural cause = "miracle."

The system is inherently corrupt. I say corrupt, because all of the ordained decision makers are at least college educated, and many have graduate degrees. There is nothing in the preceding paragraph that is news to an educated person. And I say system, because although a great show is made of investigating the individual case, it is the system that ensures that popular candidates (e.g. John Paul II) will easily clear the hurdle of two miracles (one if you died a martyr iirc).

I have no idea what a 15 year-old could have done to attract an organization dedicated to his sainthood, but he has one. The "association" seems to be in charge of his entombment, or at least promotes it (see tab near top of the page).

http://carloacutis.com/en/association

Edited by eight bits
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

I'm interested in the two young people he saved by invoking God's intervention. What was special about them, that they should be saved when thousands or millions with the same disorders aren't saved?

And since God has now worked out how to cure those disorders, why hasn't He rolled out the cures to others?

And why oh why, didn't Carlo think of getting some of that divine intervention for himself? It must have just slipped his mind.

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Thread cleaned

Let's keep things civil please folks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2024 at 7:13 AM, pellinore said:

I'm interested in the two young people he saved by invoking God's intervention. What was special about them, that they should be saved when thousands or millions with the same disorders aren't saved?

And since God has now worked out how to cure those disorders, why hasn't He rolled out the cures to others?

And why oh why, didn't Carlo think of getting some of that divine intervention for himself? It must have just slipped his mind.

Read the story of Mary Magdalene de' Pazzi. Being a sado-masochist can also make you a saint.....and her biography wanted to make me puke. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

Mary Magdalene de' Pazzi

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6lasDdOSBJbHOVMTzxKP

Would make sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6lasDdOSBJbHOVMTzxKP

Would make sense.

Basically she was a Cenobite. 

• Haha 2