Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Suspension Convention.

Tia

user posted image

Adam Aries (right) and 'Atom M' spin while attached together by a metal beam and hooks through the skin of their backs during a Suspension Convention in Providence, Rhode Island. From tentative first-timers to well-practiced masters, more than a hundred aficionados celebrated their passion for body suspension at the three-day gathering, held in an old textile mill.

/ Reuters / News Limited picture

Ouch, not exactly something I'd like to try. ohmy.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tia

• AztecInca

• The Caspian Hare

• henpeck69

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrggggghhhhhh, that is really wrong, the sight of that made me shudder!

They look like extras from Hellraiser.

This is messed up. I can't imagine having a metal beam hooked through the skin of my back. Nope. No way. How can this be a fun pasttime? blink.gif

Wow, it seems like the skin would just be ripped off by the way they are hanging. Even though it looks highly painful looking at that picture, it concerns me that it would hurt even more after they are let down. It's kind of like when you get a bad burn or cut and it doesn't really begin hurting until a few hours later. Silly people.

One Word:

OUCH!!!!!

I thought they were trying to dry out their pants and socks but forgot to take them of tongue.gif

On a more serious note i wonder if you get some kind of pain-pleasure out of it,could be a good turn on thumbsup.gif

Different strokes I guess, even though I am not the squeemish type I am pretty grossed out by the thoughts of this bizarre practice.