Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Francis reported to have used derogatory phrase about homosexuals

pellinore

Pope Francis has reportedly said there is “too much *****ry” among trainee priests in remarks that will confound those who regarded him as being sympathetic to homosexuals in the Catholic Church.

The 87-year-old Argentinian pontiff reportedly made the remarks in a behind-closed-doors address to bishops last week but they leaked out to the Italian press on Monday.

He said he was opposed to trainee priests – known as seminarians – leading a “double life” by purporting to be celibate but secretly being gay.

According to multiple Italian news outlets on Monday night, citing different sources, Francis told a gathering of the Italian Bishops’ Conference: “There’s already too much *****ry” in seminaries.

Pope Francis reported to have used derogatory phrase about homosexuals (archive.ph)

• Like 1

In the Philadelphia area if a Catholic kid was showing signs of being gay he was usually shipped off to the seminary so no surprises there. 

• Like 4

Pope Francis has apologised for using an offensive slur during a discussion with bishops about admitting gay men into seminaries, saying he “never intended to offend or express himself in homophobic terms”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/28/vatican-issues-apology-over-pope-francis-homophobic-comments

• Like 3

Well, he is only a human. Not much holiness in him. Being a Pope is a political tenure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Well, he is only a human. Not much holiness in him. Being a Pope is a political tenure.

No worse than that idiot Dalai Lama.  

• Haha 2

On 5/28/2024 at 12:06 PM, pellinore said:

Pope Francis has reportedly said

what does: 'reportedly said' in a logical context mean? did he say it or not?? 

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what does: 'reportedly said' in a logical context mean? did he say it or not?? 

He said "faggots" which is a bit derogatory. But as the Pope is infallible, he obviously didn't say it.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, pellinore said:

He said "faggots" which is a bit derogatory. But as the Pope is infallible, he obviously didn't say it.

"He said "faggots"

did he? Where= is there a vid or audio of it?

Excuse my ignorance here but it's a genuine question because it's news to me

35 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I caught it as B-U-G-G-E-R-Y

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

"He said "faggots"

did he? Where= is there a vid or audio of it?

Excuse my ignorance here but it's a genuine question because it's news to me

The meeting was in Italian, the word was frociaggine, and Google's translation bot agrees that faggots is a reasonable English translation, and the treatment of the term by two Italian language media outlets bears this out.

According to the BBC , the Vatican has aplogized, so that suggests there is no lively dispute about whether or not Frank said it, despite the lack of video or audio. (Still Waters gave the Guardian version of the apology story earlier in the thread, but that outlet has a dodgy record IMO when translations are salient.)

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/czrrexn0094o

Edited by eight bits
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, eight bits said:

The meeting was in Italian, the word was frociaggine, and Google's translation bot agrees that faggots is a reasonable English translation, and the treatment of the term by two Italian language media outlets bears this out.

According to the BBC , the Vatican has aplogized, so that suggests there is no lively dispute about whether or not Frank said it, despite the lack of video or audio. (Still Waters gave the Guardian version earlier in the thread, but that outlet has a dodgy record IMO when translations are salient.)

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/czrrexn0094o

do i care???? no, i fekin don't! who gives a shiiiit 😪

Just now, Dejarma said:

do i care???? no, i fekin don't! who gives a shiiiit 😪

You asked; I answered. Life goes on. Try some roughage for that constipation problem.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, eight bits said:

You asked; I answered. Life goes on. Try some roughage for that constipation problem.

He's on a tear all over this place today.....

Musta got into one of our *Apache's liters of tequila.

*Gawd I miss those guys.... 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

He's on a tear all over this place today.....

Musta got into one of our *Apache's liters of tequila.

*Gawd I miss those guys.... 

is this an American thing? i've no idea what ^that^ means 😉

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

is this an American thing? i've no idea what ^that^ means 😉

You've been in a fighting mood since you signed on. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, eight bits said:

I'm not having a go at you personally= I'm just suggesting why I should I consider anything the fekin pope says!?!? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

You've been in a fighting mood since you signed on. 

ok, put me into a none fighting mood= give me something you feel i'll have no need to fight 😉

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

ok, put me into a none fighting mood= give me something you feel i'll have no need to fight 😉

Here! Here's a cute hedgehog dressed in his Easter finery. He wants to hug you and love you and kiss you.

d145d8f0460ae0ce1788913abf08f419.jpg.9efe4796d572415d17df366dac2b3850.jpg

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Here! Here's a cute hedgehog dressed in his Easter finery. He wants to hug you and love you and kiss you.

yep, you've lost me there with regards to your point! You know i luvs ya Pin what the fek is your point? 💌

2 hours ago, Piney said:

No worse than that idiot Dalai Lama.  

Because of kissing a boy in the mouth? And I didn't say that Pope is an idiot. He is a pretty smart guy, but just a guy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

d145d8f0460ae0ce1788913abf08f419.jpg.9efe4796d572415d17df366dac2b3850.jpg

Somehow, I don't see this^ ending well ;) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

image.jpeg.006dd3e7d5fe32b66ef89b9deff37b95.jpeg

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Shadowsfall said:

image.jpeg.006dd3e7d5fe32b66ef89b9deff37b95.jpeg

what is that?.. Talk to me, say something interesting enough for me to feel a need to reply, or shut the fek up!!

seriously i'm bored with this BS== impress me

Yup piney got it spot on….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1