Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fatal close encounters: have people really been killed by UFOs ?

You could also add the Zygmunt Adamski / PC Alan Godfrey 1980 incident!

So the article listed two (not several) cases. One was a guy who saw a UFO while he already was ill with leukemia. The other was the pilot who crashed while following a weather balloon after he forgot he needed oxygen when flying at high altitudes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

So the article listed two (not several) cases. One was a guy who saw a UFO while he already was ill with leukemia. The other was the pilot who crashed while following a weather balloon after he forgot he needed oxygen when flying at high altitudes.

First one... stands a chance.

Second one... not a chance at all 

• Haha 2

Killed by an unidentified flying object? Sure, of course.

Killed by an extraterrestrial craft? Absolutely not.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

First one... stands a chance.

There is no way to prove where or how he got leukemia so no chance. If multiple people saw UFOs and got leukemia then there would at least be some evidence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

There is no way to prove where or how he got leukemia so no chance. If multiple people saw UFOs and got leukemia then there would at least be some evidence.

Yeah, I'm agreeing with you. Your first answer is true. Stands a chance he had leukaemia before he knew.

• Like 1

I like that line of thinking to investigate/study the health of those who have the best cases of alleged contact and see if they have a correlation to each other. A trends analysis would identify those data points that could indicate if there was something truly occurring with a 'sameness' of factors.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

As strange as it may sound, there have been several cases of alleged 'death by UFO' over the decades.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/377405/fatal-close-encounters-have-people-really-been-killed-by-ufos

Well, that was underwhelming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The Thomas Mantell case is one like Roswell where a mundane event is elaborated with misinformation and outright made up bs, some UFO sites really get carried away with the made up parts that are of course all speculation, zero supporting evidence.

I went from unknown about the Mantell case to closed when I learned writer pilot an authority on aeronautics and aviation, Martin Caidin was part of a navy investigation into the Mantell case and concluded that Mantell died chasing a skyhook balloon secret and unknown to Mantell, all witness descriptions described this balloon perfectly and to add a huge nail to the coffin is was just a balloon Martin Caidin was a believer that some UFO were not of this world so he wasn't biased against it being aliens but using evidence proved it was pilot error.

The fellow Inacio de Souza who sadly seems to have gotten cancer from a close encounter I'll leave at face value since the story really has so very little to go on it's moot to make claims of aliens or that it's even a real person.

Zigmund adamski is a case that is down right laughable due to a total and complete lack of any evidence whatsoever to connect it to an alien involved event, the evidence does support what his family and BUFORA believed and that is he met with fowl play at the hands of disgruntled family members.

zygmund

Alan Godfrey was a cop who invested the adamski case then made claims of his own abduction or did he?

Godfrey says it was a dream

And while death wasn't right away it took ten years after the alleged event Betty cash made claims a UFO ruined her life she was already in poor health and never has any of her claims been supported by any evidence, the UFO equals aliens true believers jumped on her case but she ironically or rather cleaver blamed the gov who she tried to sue for damages, I guess there isn't a way to sue ET just yet.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

The Thomas Mantell case is one like Roswell where a mundane event is elaborated with misinformation and outright made up bs, some UFO sites really get carried away with the made up parts that are of course all speculation, zero supporting evidence.

I went from unknown about the Mantell case to closed when I learned writer pilot an authority on aeronautics and aviation, Martin Caidin was part of a navy investigation into the Mantell case and concluded that Mantell died chasing a skyhook balloon secret and unknown to Mantell, all witness descriptions described this balloon perfectly and to add a huge nail to the coffin is was just a balloon Martin Caidin was a believer that some UFO were not of this world so he wasn't biased against it being aliens but using evidence proved it was pilot error.

The fellow Inacio de Souza who sadly seems to have gotten cancer from a close encounter I'll leave at face value since the story really has so very little to go on it's moot to make claims of aliens or that it's even a real person.

Zigmund adamski is a case that is down right laughable due to a total and complete lack of any evidence whatsoever to connect it to an alien involved event, the evidence does support what his family and BUFORA believed and that is he met with fowl play at the hands of disgruntled family members.

zygmund

Alan Godfrey was a cop who invested the adamski case then made claims of his own abduction or did he?

Godfrey says it was a dream

And while death wasn't right away it took ten years after the alleged event Betty cash made claims a UFO ruined her life she was already in poor health and never has any of her claims been supported by any evidence, the UFO equals aliens true believers jumped on her case but she ironically or rather cleaver blamed the gov who she tried to sue for damages, I guess there isn't a way to sue ET just yet.

I recall the Zygmund case well. Strange grease found on strange burn marks on his neck that couldn't be identified by scientists around a spate of UFO sightings. The Godfrey caee, he never did claim aliens, he was a 1980's copper, but under hypnosis he recalled aliens in detail thay abducted him a missing 40 minutes of time where he went radio silent. He said it was a dream later on, the hypnotherapy tells a different story.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I recall the Zygmund case well. Strange grease found on strange burn marks on his neck that couldn't be identified by scientists around a spate of UFO sightings. The Godfrey caee, he never did claim aliens, he was a 1980's copper, but under hypnosis he recalled aliens in detail thay abducted him a missing 40 minutes of time where he went radio silent. He said it was a dream later on, the hypnotherapy tells a different story.

And I know the adamski case too, yes he had burns no.they were not strange except to true believers trying to make a alien abduction case out of a murder victim, strange grease?

Please post any accredited reports by scientists that actually analyzed this alleged ointment.

A coroner saying he didn't know what it was simply doesn't float as evidence I believe you will ignore or sidestep that simple but important request and since you know the case well it shouldn't be an issue for you to post such published report, otherwise it isn't evidence at all of aliens or anything paranormal.

So you believe hypnosis over the story teller? Do you even know how hypnosis works or rather doesn't? So in your way of thinking you can't have it both ways Godfrey did claim he was abducted by aliens and as far as lost time, the guy said he was dreaming, far more likely is he turned his radio off and took a nap in his patrol car.

Anyway. I'll wait for you to post that report about a scientist analyzed grease results. And also do this jump to what you believe is the number one best case concerning alien abduction post that too please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

And I know the adamski case too, yes he had burns no.they were not strange except to true believers trying to make a alien abduction case out of a murder victim, strange grease?

Please post any accredited reports by scientists that actually analyzed this alleged ointment.

A coroner saying he didn't know what it was simply doesn't float as evidence I believe you will ignore or sidestep that simple but important request and since you know the case well it shouldn't be an issue for you to post such published report, otherwise it isn't evidence at all of aliens or anything paranormal.

So you believe hypnosis over the story teller? Do you even know how hypnosis works or rather doesn't? So in your way of thinking you can't have it both ways Godfrey did claim he was abducted by aliens and as far as lost time, the guy said he was dreaming, far more likely is he turned his radio off and took a nap in his patrol car.

Anyway. I'll wait for you to post that report about a scientist analyzed grease results. And also do this jump to what you believe is the number one best case concerning alien abduction post that too please.

Yes I believe the hypnotherapy results over a 1980's police officer. He would not have fitted in with the police culture of the day. He literally couldn't have told his story and been part of the squad banter. You say he just took a nap? And then tried to ruin his reputation later with a screaming rendition of an abduction? A 1980's copper? You do not understand the context do you?

I'll look for the online scientific reports from 80's!!! lol. There also wasn't just grease on his burns, it was in his mouth too... but you'd have had to have been alive at the time to know this. The gate to the compound was also significant... but you either know or you don't.

This case was very very odd.

8 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Yes I believe the hypnotherapy results over a 1980's police officer. He would not have fitted in with the police culture of the day. He literally couldn't have told his story and been part of the squad banter. You say he just took a nap? And then tried to ruin his reputation later with a screaming rendition of an abduction? A 1980's copper? You do not understand the context do you?

I'll look for the online scientific reports from 80's!!! lol. There also wasn't just grease on his burns, it was in his mouth too... but you'd have had to have been alive at the time to know this. The gate to the compound was also significant... but you either know or you don't.

This case was very very odd.

This case isn't odd at all even his family said it was fowl play blaming other family members which even bufora agreed it wasnt aliens and bufora wanted to prove aliens.

You need to do some scientific research on hypnosis, it's flaws what it really is and isn't, get caught up.

I was alive in the 1980s ? So?

13 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Strange grease

You called it " grease" then you add it's in his mouth too, embellish as you go all you want thats super but don't cop out, if there is no punished report from accredited scientists of an analysis of your so called grease then it is amounts to zero nothing more than you guessing and speculating , it might as well be grape jelly it doesn't even prove it was strange grease and sure isn't any reason to jump to alien abduction.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Right. So taking quackery into account... alienz.

:rolleyes:

https://staff.washington.edu/eloftus/Articles/sciam.htm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

And the lack displayed on the part on the scientists, hypnotherapists, eye witnesses, police records... yep they all had false memories. That must be it.

Did you forget to type a word or two there?

Whatevs, you are the one that said "[quackery] tells a different story."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

And the lack displayed on the part on the scientists, hypnotherapists, eye witnesses, police records... yep they all had false memories. That must be it.

Did you find the accredited scientists published for peer review report of the analysis of the alleged alien grease? No? Well keep trying.

Not once zero times has an alleged alien abduction been supported by evidence much less proven, we know eye witnesses are the worse in these cases totally flawed and that is proven, also proven is hypnosis is very flawed and causes people to confabulate fill in the blanks with fantasy as pointed out in ducks links sometimes with tragic results.

Police records? In this case are just what? A man was found dead on a pile of coal and yes, humans murdereding other humans is a proven thing.

Also...

On 5/29/2024 at 3:10 AM, the13bats said:

do this jump to what you believe is the number one best case concerning alien abduction post that too please.

Please post your best case example supporting alien abduction because the adamski murder is just silly.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, the13bats said:

Did you find the accredited scientists published for peer review report of the analysis of the alleged alien grease? No? Well keep trying.

Not once zero times has an alleged alien abduction been supported by evidence much less proven, we know eye witnesses are the worse in these cases totally flawed and that is proven, also proven is hypnosis is very flawed and causes people to confabulate fill in the blanks with fantasy as pointed out in ducks links sometimes with tragic results.

Police records? In this case are just what? A man was found dead on a pile of coal and yes, humans murdereding other humans is a proven thing.

Also...

Please post your best case example supporting alien abduction because the adamski murder is just silly.

Your bubble bursting is it? 

Just accusing an 80's copper of fibbing under hypnosis. Are you from the UK and.over 50 years old? I'm not sure you understand the context of this.

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Your bubble bursting is it? 

Just accusing an 80's copper of fibbing under hypnosis. Are you from the UK and.over 50 years old? I'm not sure you understand the context of this.

Stop avoiding and deflecting...

21 hours ago, the13bats said:

Also...

Where is your best case? Where are your accredited published scientific reports of your alien grease analysis?

• Like 3