Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

After ‘whites only’ job posting, tech staffing firm settles with DOJ

OverSword

A Virginia-based tech company will pay thousands of dollars in fines for a job posting that requested “whites only” to apply.

The Justice and Labor departments have fined minority-owned federal contractor Arthur Grand Technologies Inc. a civil penalty of $7,500. The departments also ordered the federal contractor to pay $31,000 overall to 31 people who complained about the posting.

“It is shameful that in the 21st century, we continue to see employers using ‘whites only’ and ‘only US born’ job postings to lock out otherwise eligible job candidates of color,” Kristen Clarke, assistant attorney general of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, said in a statement.

Link

• Like 1

I heard about this. Apparently, it was a disgruntled employee wanting to embarrass the company.

I mean even if they did want whites, I can't believe they would intentionally word an article so stupidly in this day and age. But the title makes great click bait.

• Like 1

fascinating.jpg.405cdf7b5b927b02681f28abf2d9711b.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I heard about this. Apparently, it was a disgruntled employee wanting to embarrass the company.

I mean even if they did want whites, I can't believe they would intentionally word an article so stupidly in this day and age. But the title makes great click bait.

Then why did they get fined?

• Like 2

Why would anyone write a job posting like that? No big surprise they got fined. They deserved to be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Here's what I heard:

“Arthur Grand Technologies vehemently denies any guilt or wrongdoing in relation to the discriminatory job posting that appeared in March 2023,” said Arthur Grand Technologies CEO Sheik Rahmathullah in an email to CNN.

“This unauthorized posting was made by an upset employee on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) from their personal email address and account. Upon discovering this, we took immediate and decisive action to ensure that this type of incident will never happen again, including the immediate termination of the responsible employee.”

Thursday, the Justice Department announced separate agreements with the DOJ and Labor Department.

The DOJ’s agreement with the company resolves the agency’s determination that Arthur Grand violated the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) by posting a discriminatory job advertisement.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Do you still believe DC cares about following actual laws when they can virtue signal to their base?  The company is lucky they didn't get hit with millions in fines.  DC has the power to crush, destroy, even imprison people because of how our legal system favors those with deep pockets.  IMO, any citizen charged with a crime that can lead to imprisonment or loss of property should have their legal expenses picked up by the same Feds who are trying to convict them.  The DOJ in America today routinely destroys people, making them plead guilty to crimes they, in whole or in part, are not guilty of simply because to fight the government would bankrupt them in legal fees.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, and-then said:

Do you still believe DC cares about following actual laws when they can virtue signal to their base?  The company is lucky they didn't get hit with millions in fines.  DC has the power to crush, destroy, even imprison people because of how our legal system favors those with deep pockets.  IMO, any citizen charged with a crime that can lead to imprisonment or loss of property should have their legal expenses picked up by the same Feds who are trying to convict them.  The DOJ in America today routinely destroys people, making them plead guilty to crimes they, in whole or in part, are not guilty of simply because to fight the government would bankrupt them in legal fees.

And the teensy $7500 fine in this case tells me they know it was not a company intention.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

And the teensy $7500 fine in this case tells me they know it was not a company intention.

Yes, but it also shows that they know they cannot actually ignore the situation once such an ad is made public.  THAT IS POLITICS, not justice...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, and-then said:

Just stop. If what you say is true,  Trump would be in Gitmo by now instead of being treated with kid gloves. Your paranoia is growing by leaps and bounds. The fear mongers have really farked you up.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Just stop. If what you say is true,  Trump would be in Gitmo by now instead of being treated with kid gloves. Your paranoia is growing by leaps and bounds. The fear mongers have really farked you up.

Playing devils advocate, trump is the head of the opposition party which holds a majority in the house.  They can not gitmo him

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Playing devils advocate, trump is the head of the opposition party which holds a majority in the house.  They can not gitmo him

Thanks for the correction. But they are treating him with kid gloves. He's getting away with things that no one else would. He's turned the legal system into a farce.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Your paranoia is growing by leaps and bounds. The fear mongers have really farked you up.

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Thanks for the correction. But they are treating him with kid gloves. He's getting away with things that no one else would. He's turned the legal system into a farce.

P'raps that's because if it was ANYONE ELSE he'd have never been charged for these things.  Oh, and it's possibly due to the fact that even though they are trying to use these accusations to damage (interfere with) his campaign, they also know that if they imprison him, it's the same as guaranteeing he'll be elected.  All things considered, an unbiased arbiter would conclude that they aren't very bright to be doubling down -for years- on a failed effort.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/28/2024 at 6:28 PM, papageorge1 said:

And they had to also pay 31k  31 others, it was a disgruntled employee on their on email yet the company is still liable? That dog won't hunt.

On 5/29/2024 at 12:29 AM, Hankenhunter said:

Like what?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2024 at 3:03 PM, papageorge1 said:

So if they did want Whites you would expect a better worded ad and that would make it ok in your book?

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

And they had to also pay 31k  31 others, it was a disgruntled employee on their on email yet the company is still liable? That dog won't hunt.

Well, he had authority to represent the company would be an argument.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

So if they did want Whites you would expect a better worded ad and that would make it ok in your book?

Antigometer 50% racist, 25% hoax, 25% mistaken identity 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, he had authority to represent the company would be an argument.

DB I don't have enough details to lean paranormal on this one. Lol,

If an employee did this on their own email without authorization then it shouldn't be on the company one penny should it?

22 hours ago, the13bats said:

DB I don't have enough details to lean paranormal on this one. Lol,

If an employee did this on their own email without authorization then it shouldn't be on the company one penny should it?

A company is responsible for it's employees actions.  Now, the company can certainly take legal measures to recoup the fine from the former employee.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.