Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nigel Farage to stand in election


Still Waters

Recommended Posts

Nigel Farage has performed a major U-turn, announcing he's now standing to be an MP for Reform UK in Clacton.

When the election was called Farage ruled himself out, saying it didn’t leave him enough time to build a campaign in a constituency and he also wanted to support Donald Trump in the US election.

But 10 days later he has changed his mind.

Farage has tried seven times before to be an MP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-69082668

Refresh link to update.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Nigel Farage has performed a major U-turn, announcing he's now standing to be an MP for Reform UK in Clacton.

When the election was called Farage ruled himself out, saying it didn’t leave him enough time to build a campaign in a constituency and he also wanted to support Donald Trump in the US election.

But 10 days later he has changed his mind.

Farage has tried seven times before to be an MP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-69082668

Refresh link to update.

The begging email to Tory members has gone out.

It makes it clear they are struggling to get any funds for Sunak. I`m not sure if I`m allowed to post mine, but would have to hide my name on it extra anyway. We are kind of secretly hoping Reform does well so we can get the proper Tory party back with actual Conservative policies for the first time in decades.

Edited by Duke Wellington
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From comments on news sites, he has a lot of support

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He is a disgraceful little man who shamed the UK:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Farage. Typical educated idiot,acting like he understands the working man.yes he can serve a purpose,but he's out to line his own pockets.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pellinore said:

He is a disgraceful little man who shamed the UK:

 

You do realise when we watch that we are laughing and saying go Farage!

The greatest day in British history for 70 years, we finally got our country back.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Nigel Farage has performed a major U-turn, announcing he's now standing to be an MP for Reform UK in Clacton.

When the election was called Farage ruled himself out, saying it didn’t leave him enough time to build a campaign in a constituency and he also wanted to support Donald Trump in the US election.

But 10 days later he has changed his mind.

Farage has tried seven times before to be an MP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-69082668

Refresh link to update.

Could be that Trump's guilty verdict sent shockwaves through his system and made him decide that supporting a crook wasn't a smart political move. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, pellinore said:

He is a disgraceful little man who shamed the UK:

 

I think you're a little bit miffed because he's the only politician in the last 50 years to give the people a little bit of real democracy, obviously being a hard left authoritarian that would irk you somewhat, I understand. Socialists like to give the impression that they're all about the 'little guy' but in reality they're really all about state control & big government. I'm surprised Nigel hasn't been knighted for his services to the country, all in good time.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently he';s only standing because, for the first time in his life, he actually got a proper job last month.  Potato picking.  But after a whole morning he found the work so mentally taxing that he had to take 2 weeks sick leave to recover .....   So he dediced to find something easier to do.

btw how long has he lived in Clacton?   The answer to that will determine whether he knows nearly as much about parliamentary democracy as a dead whelk, or is just a slimey self-centred no-nothing no-body who wants power for the sake of power 9and the money).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Essan said:

Apparently he';s only standing because, for the first time in his life, he actually got a proper job last month.  Potato picking.  But after a whole morning he found the work so mentally taxing that he had to take 2 weeks sick leave to recover .....   So he dediced to find something easier to do.

btw how long has he lived in Clacton?   The answer to that will determine whether he knows nearly as much about parliamentary democracy as a dead whelk, or is just a slimey self-centred no-nothing no-body who wants power for the sake of power 9and the money).

I think we should add FDS to the TDS that leftists seem to be suffering from.

"btw how long has he lived in Clacton? "  Labour are notorious for parachuting in their preferred candidates in safe seats, so what's your point? Don't tell me.....'It's different when we do it'

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good, good. Keep splitting the far right vote 😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

'far right' 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I think we should add FDS to the TDS that leftists seem to be suffering from.

"btw how long has he lived in Clacton? "  Labour are notorious for parachuting in their preferred candidates in safe seats, so what's your point? Don't tell me.....'It's different when we do it'

I object to everyone doing it.  They are all the same :(  

The very first election reform must be to state that all candidates have to have lived and/or worked within the community they wish to represent for a minimum of 5 years.

The second election reform is that no members of a preformed political party may stand for election.

Without those reforms we have democracy in the same way a catfish can fly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Essan said:

I object to everyone doing it.  They are all the same :(  

The very first election reform must be to state that all candidates have to have lived and/or worked within the community they wish to represent for a minimum of 5 years.

The second election reform is that no members of a preformed political party may stand for election.

Without those reforms we have democracy in the same way a catfish can fly.

Not sure what you mean there? Ah, you mean 'may stand for election' in that particular constituency, correct?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Not sure what you mean there? Ah, you mean 'may stand for election' in that particular constituency, correct?

The second election reform is that no members of a preformed political party may stand for election.

I also find that sentence unclear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Not sure what you mean there? Ah, you mean 'may stand for election' in that particular constituency, correct?

I mean that if you are a member of a political party, before you stand for election, you are barred from standing.  MPs are elected to represent their Constituency.   Members of political gangs represent their gang/gnag leader.  That is not democracy. 

I want an end to the puerile, childish, particracy we live in.   But that's about as likely as me winning 12 gold medals in a single day at the Paris Olympics.

Just remember that whomever you vote for will never ever be representing you in parliament. 

 

Edited by Essan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rumor's are some Tory MP's might now join the Reform party? 

What would happen if Boris joined. If nothing else they would have the full attention of a whipped up press. 😉

Reform already have a big social media presence without buying adds apparently.

Polling should be interesting in the next week or so. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Head-to-head TV debate of the U.K. general election campaign at 9 p.m. tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Head-to-head TV debate of the U.K. general election campaign at 9 p.m. tonight.

I care nothing for those two, the only thing that separates them is the 10 feet between the podiums, think I'll do something more interesting and organize my sock drawer.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I care nothing for those two, think I'll do something more interesting and organize my sock drawer.

I am surprised other parties have not been invited, who should be there or not usually causes an argument.

But you can understand why the SNP are not clamoring to put themselves on show.

Or the LibDems, greens for that matter.

Rishi cannot do much to hurt his chances but I expect a robotic performance from Keir with no deviation from script. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Head-to-head TV debate of the U.K. general election campaign at 9 p.m. tonight.

I don't have a TV licence, but in any case have no interest in silly gameshows.  If I wish to elect someone to represent me in parliament I will do so based on their personal election statement and CV

 

Of course, since no candidates bother with such basic formalities.  I won't vote for anyone.  How can I? 

Edited by Essan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Now on second thoughts, I would watch them, but only if they do that thing the Joker did in the Batman film where he snaps the billiard cue over his knee gives them half each & says 'try-outs'.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Essan said:

I don't have a TV licence, but in any case have no interest in silly gameshows.  If I wish to elect someone to represent me in parliament I will do so based on their personal election statement and CV

 

Of course, since no candidates bother with such basic formalities.  I won't vote for anyone.  How can I? 

Good for you. Seriously.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A woman has been charged with assault after a banana milkshake was thrown over Nigel Farage.

The Reform UK leader was leaving a pub in Clacton-on-Sea on Tuesday having launched his general election candidacy for the constituency.

Victoria Thomas Bowen, 25, is due to appear at Colchester Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, 2 July charged with assault by beating and criminal damage, Essex Police said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw0097xlqxvo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

A woman has been charged with assault after a banana milkshake was thrown over Nigel Farage.

The Reform UK leader was leaving a pub in Clacton-on-Sea on Tuesday having launched his general election candidacy for the constituency.

Victoria Thomas Bowen, 25, is due to appear at Colchester Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, 2 July charged with assault by beating and criminal damage, Essex Police said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw0097xlqxvo

It appears the woman has an OnlyFans account (whatever that is) and was hoping to get more interest in her site and had no interest in politics. She posted:

Victoria Thomas-Bowen, 25, an OnlyFans model, later claimed responsibility and posted a scantily clad picture of herself on Instagram with the caption: “My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.”

There was a bit more fun on X as Emily Hewertson was wrongly identified as the perp.

Woman wrongly accused of Victoria Thomas-Bowen milkshake attack on Nigel Farage muses legal action (archive.ph)

Edited by pellinore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.