Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

After weeks in hospital, Bedouin girl wounded in Iran attack makes TV appearance

Kittens Are Jerks

After weeks in hospital, Bedouin girl wounded in Iran attack makes TV appearance

A seven-year-old Bedouin girl who was seriously injured in a massive Iranian missile attack in mid-April spoke last week in front of a television camera, her first public appearance since her hospitalization.

A crew from Kan news visited Amina Hassouna at Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba, and asked her a few simple questions in Arabic, such as “How old are you?” “Where are you now?” and “What is the name of your schoolteacher?” Amina weakly uttered a few words in response, and was also shown interacting with a medical clown and blowing soap bubbles.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/after-weeks-in-hospital-bedouin-girl-wounded-in-iran-attack-makes-tv-appearance/

• Sad 3

On 6/4/2024 at 3:19 AM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

A seven-year-old Bedouin girl who was seriously injured in a massive Iranian missile attack in mid-April spoke last week in front of a television camera, her first public appearance since her hospitalization.

A crew from Kan news visited Amina Hassouna at Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba, and asked her a few simple questions in Arabic, such as “How old are you?” “Where are you now?” and “What is the name of your schoolteacher?” Amina weakly uttered a few words in response, and was also shown interacting with a medical clown and blowing soap bubbles.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/after-weeks-in-hospital-bedouin-girl-wounded-in-iran-attack-makes-tv-appearance/

This should stop: demolition orders of Bedouin settlements.

13 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

This should stop: demolition orders of Bedouin settlements.

This young girl was injured during Iran's strike on Israel last April. She was the only Israeli to have been seriously injured in the attack. Approximately 30 others were treated for minor injuries or anxiety.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

This young girl was injured during Iran's strike on Israel last April. She was the only Israeli to have been seriously injured in the attack. Approximately 30 others were treated for minor injuries or anxiety.

I know.

But her father went ballistic after his house was bound to be demolished.

That should stop. And that's all I'm saying.

The Bedouin, as far as I know, used to live peacefully alongside the Israelis.

They do not deserve this treatment.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I know.

But her father went ballistic after his house was bound to be demolished.

That should stop. And that's all I'm saying.

The Bedouin, as far as I know, used to live peacefully alongside the Israelis.

They do not diserve this treatment.

I misunderstood your post and did not realize you were referring to the demolition of illegal homes in unrecognized Bedouin villages.

I know that Israeli authorities have tried to relocate Bedouin citizens to recognized, more urbanized, towns where they would have access to water and electricity grids, schools, clinics, etc., but many Bedouins do not want to leave their villages. The other problem Bedouins living in these villages have is that they are not protected under the Iron Dome system (which only intercepts rockets/missiles directed at urban centres). An Arab-Jewish organization in the Negev has built more than 100 rocket shelters since October 7, but thousands more are still needed.

There are a number of reasons why Israel demolishes Bedouin homes and other structures — some justifiable, others not so much. I agree that Israel and the Bedouin community need to come up with with some kind of an arrangement whereby the Bedouins can live peacefully and securely.

• Like 2

Why is this little girl any different from thousands of other children injured or killed since Oct.7?  Is it because she was injured by Iranian shrapnel and they are the bad guys so she must be a good guy?

Somebody decided to tell her story in a sympathetic way, why?  What message are they trying to promote?  I live thousands of miles away and only know what I read and see through the eyes of media on the scene with a story to tell. The reporter is sympathetic, she seems innocent and tragically wronged.  She is one of thousands, and yet some media organization wants to spread her story across the world. Do they want to garner sympathy for the Bedouins and distinguish them from Palestinians or what?  Are there Israelis that oppose some of their government's policies? 

They tell us that her family lived in an illegal house  and her father is distraught and mentally overthrown by a demolition order.  If the house is torn down in August, where will she grow up?  Will her family still live in peace with Israel when they have no place to live?  Or will they become more Muslim Demons that hate Israel and support Hamas?  Will she grow up only to be killed in the next generation's Hamas uprising?  Will there be a follow-up story in 10 or 20 years?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Why is this little girl any different from thousands of other children injured or killed since Oct.7?

Children are paying the highest price for a conflict they have no part in, and I think it important that their stories be told. We read many horrific stories of unnamed children, like the young Israeli boy, gravely injured on October 7 comforting his dying younger brother, and of the young Palestinian girl pulled out from beneath heavy rubble, bloodied and seriously injured, and whilst we don't know their names or stories, we do know that, through no fault of their own, their lives will never be the same.

This particular child is no different from any of the other children impacted by this war, but stood out as the only seriously wounded victim of Iran's strike on Israel. She was, unlike hundreds of other children, easily accessible to media and her father was willing to tell their story. I don't know what, if any, motives the media would have in telling that story. You'd have to ask them.

Most, if not all, of the Israeli children traumatized by the events of October 7 are currently undergoing therapy and are being kept away from the media. Restrictions have been placed on media in Gaza, although we do see the suffering many of the children there are having to endure. There are many stories out there if you look for them, and once the war is over, we'll most likely get to hear more details of how children from both sides of this conflict have been impacted.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Children are paying the highest price for a conflict they have no part in, and I think it important that their stories be told. We read many horrific stories of unnamed children, like the young Israeli boy, gravely injured on October 7 comforting his dying younger brother, and of the young Palestinian girl pulled out from beneath heavy rubble, bloodied and seriously injured, and whilst we don't know their names or stories, we do know that, through no fault of their own, their lives will never be the same.

This particular child is no different from any of the other children impacted by this war, but stood out as the only seriously wounded victim of Iran's strike on Israel. She was, unlike hundreds of other children, easily accessible to media and her father was willing to tell their story. I don't know what, if any, motives the media would have in telling that story. You'd have to ask them.

Most, if not all, of the Israeli children traumatized by the events of October 7 are currently undergoing therapy and are being kept away from the media. Restrictions have been placed on media in Gaza, although we do see the suffering many of the children there are having to endure. There are many stories out there if you look for them, and once the war is over, we'll most likely get to hear more details of how children from both sides of this conflict have been impacted.

I agree with you,  A child with a name and face resonates with us around the world more than  numbers, even if they are in the thousands, we have trouble absorbing the humanity of it.

The story could have been voiced in a couple of different ways.  The one that was used, or that there was only one causality from the Iranian failed attack, a Bedouin girl living in an illegal house in an illegal village wihere the residents had not even built proper bomb shelters. 

I really do appreciate your posting this story.  The story is built around a kernel  of verifiable truth. Sadly I have become incredibly distrustful of all media. Who is behind it, what do they want me to believe, why are they spinning it this way?  Will there be a follow up if her house is demolished? If so, it is likely to be sympathetic.  Maybe there is a faction in Israel who want to change this policy.  I am becoming so suspicious of media.  Its dangerous for me because if I read only facts 30k killed or whatever, I become dehumanized and detached.  Its quite a dilemma.

And of course it is not just Israel and Gaza, it is the entire world. 

Edited by Tatetopa
added comment
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I agree with you,  A child with a name and face resonates with us around the world more than  numbers, even if they are in the thousands, we have trouble absorbing the humanity of it.

The story could have been voiced in a couple of different ways.  The one that was used, or that there was only one causality from the Iranian failed attack, a Bedouin girl living in an illegal house in an illegal village wihere the residents had not even built proper bomb shelters. 

I really do appreciate your posting this story.  The story is built around a kernel  of verifiable truth. Sadly I have become incredibly distrustful of all media. Who is behind it, what do they want me to believe, why are they spinning it this way?  Will there be a follow up if her house is demolished? If so, it is likely to be sympathetic.  Maybe there is a faction in Israel who want to change this policy.  I am becoming so suspicious of media.  Its dangerous for me because if I read only facts 30k killed or whatever, I become dehumanized and detached.  Its quite a dilemma.

And of course it is not just Israel and Gaza, it is the entire world. 

Where I have names (or other details) of injured children, I will often search to see if there are updates on their progress, which is what I did in this instance. I was saddened to find out just how seriously injured this child was and that her road to full recovery will be a long one. I posted the story thinking others here might also want to know how she was doing. 

I took note of the commentary regarding the demolition of her home,the lack of safety shelters, and her father's anger and frustration. I'm familiar with the history of the Bedouins and their current situation, so was not surprised that his situation was mentioned. Would Israelis be sympathetic? Yes and no. But the story between Israel and the Bedouins is a long one. Anyone who knows it would understand my yes and no answer. Was the article trying to garner some sympathy for this family? Perhaps. There's mention in the article of demolition orders being scrapped/delayed due to backlash from the media, so this may have been another attempt to accomplish the same.

What upset me most about this story, however, was seeing a microphone up in the face of a child just recently out of a coma.

Anyway, like you, I also don't trust the media. Even the once highly respected news outlets don't bother hiding their bias anymore. Nor do they care if the spin they place on story causes irreparable harm. They've become highly irresponsible with profits and political agendas taking precedence over truth. That, along with the mis- and disinformation on the internet, annoy me to no end.

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Grammatical correction.
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

What upset me most about this story, however, was seeing a microphone up in the face of a child just recently out of a coma.

Yes, it seems there is such an unexplained urgency to getting that story out.  It would not have changed if they had waited a few days. It seems there is an inflection point coming in the Israeli government  between the views of Netanyahu ,and Gantz among others.  But maybe its all down to competitive media racing to cash in on the story.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes, it seems there is such an unexplained urgency to getting that story out.  It would not have changed if they had waited a few days. It seems there is an inflection point coming in the Israeli government  between the views of Netanyahu ,and Gantz among others.  But maybe its all down to competitive media racing to cash in on the story.

Or, perhaps, a little of both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

It seems there is an inflection point coming in the Israeli government  between the views of Netanyahu ,and Gantz among others.

Gantz is being backed by DC.  DC seems to believe they can remove Netanyahu and then have a shiny new puppet that will fall in line with their demands but according to the polling, any new PM will still be constrained - if he wants to keep the job - by the solid majority of Israelis who want Hamas ENDED, PERIOD.  It is disgusting that a US president - ANY US President - would demand something so damaging to Israel's future just for the sake of domestic politics.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Gantz is being backed by DC.  DC seems to believe they can remove Netanyahu and then have a shiny new puppet that will fall in line with their demands but according to the polling, any new PM will still be constrained - if he wants to keep the job - by the solid majority of Israelis who want Hamas ENDED, PERIOD.  It is disgusting that a US president - ANY US President - would demand something so damaging to Israel's future just for the sake of domestic politics.  

Absolutely, END HAMAS PERIOD.  How are you going to do it?   This girl's father went crazy when he heard his house is going to be torn down.  What are  the chances of him becoming a Hamas supporter someday?   This little girl who may have no place to live could also  see her father imprisoned or killed.  She might become a Hamas supporter when she grows up   There are thousands of parents and children without names in the same predicament.   How are you going to end Hamas? 

Gantz is not quitting the government because he wants to be soft on Hamas.  He served in the IDF for 38 years.  He was a general and chief of staff of IDF  I doubt he loves Israel or the Jewish people any  less than you. He is quitting because there is no plan to end them.  That is the question being asked.   It is not should we end them, but how are we going to do it?  Apparently Gantz thinks Netanyahu has no plan for success.  You and Netanyahu may be right, but since I have never been a general or fought terrorists, I am inclined to listen to generals who have spent a lifetime doing just that.  But that is just me doing me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely, END HAMAS PERIOD.  How are you going to do it?   This girl's father went crazy when he heard his house is going to be torn down.  What are  the chances of him becoming a Hamas supporter someday?   This little girl who may have no place to live could also  see her father imprisoned or killed.  She might become a Hamas supporter when she grows up   There are thousands of parents and children without names in the same predicament.   How are you going to end Hamas? 

Terrorism (be it in the form of Hamas or otherwise) will never end, but Hamas can be disabled both politically and militarily in Gaza. Hamas has got to be removed from power, as does the Fatah-controlled Palestinian Authority. That (in addition to the rescue of the remaining hostages) is Israel's end goal — not just for the benefit of Israelis, but for Palestinians as well.

Your concerns regarding the Bedouins is valid. Most are loyal Israeli citizens, but there have been growing concerns that Islamic extremists are trying to capitalize on the Bedouin's anger and resentment as part of their recruitment efforts.

Gantz is not quitting the government because he wants to be soft on Hamas.  He served in the IDF for 38 years.  He was a general and chief of staff of IDF  I doubt he loves Israel or the Jewish people any  less than you. He is quitting because there is no plan to end them.  That is the question being asked.   It is not should we end them, but how are we going to do it?  Apparently Gantz thinks Netanyahu has no plan for success.  You and Netanyahu may be right, but since I have never been a general or fought terrorists, I am inclined to listen to generals who have spent a lifetime doing just that.  But that is just me doing me.

Gantz resigned citing the failure of the cabinet to agree on a plan for Gaza beyond the current war. Netanyahu has outlined a multi-year plan, one that might be more idealistic than realistic as it hinges on a significant cooperative effort. We don't know what, if anything, is being discussed behind closed doors between Israel, the US and key players in the Middle East, but what the 'day after' will look like in Gaza is contingent on a plan that is accepted and agreed to by all. But a future plan for Gaza was just one issue, the other being his and Netanyahu's inability to find a shared definition of victory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2024 at 7:26 PM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I misunderstood your post and did not realize you were referring to the demolition of illegal homes in unrecognized Bedouin villages.

I know that Israeli authorities have tried to relocate Bedouin citizens to recognized, more urbanized, towns where they would have access to water and electricity grids, schools, clinics, etc., but many Bedouins do not want to leave their villages. The other problem Bedouins living in these villages have is that they are not protected under the Iron Dome system (which only intercepts rockets/missiles directed at urban centres). An Arab-Jewish organization in the Negev has built more than 100 rocket shelters since October 7, but thousands more are still needed.

There are a number of reasons why Israel demolishes Bedouin homes and other structures — some justifiable, others not so much. I agree that Israel and the Bedouin community need to come up with with some kind of an arrangement whereby the Bedouins can live peacefully and securely.

Perhaps the Israeli's should start with demolishing their own illegal settlements before going after those that just happen to be inhabited by Arabs...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Perhaps the Israeli's should start with demolishing their own illegal settlements before going after those that just happen to be inhabited by Arabs...

I don't really understand all the tit for tat...why don't they just go chop the head off of the Iranian Government and be done with it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't really understand all the tit for tat...why don't they just go chop the head off of the Iranian Government and be done with it?

Well probably because the rest of the world would condemn them as tyrannical Nazis,and show the most sickening showing of outreach and support ever witnessed by man.

You miss the loving tributes Western countries sent out after their dips*** president fell outta the sky?

Israel is only supposed to do as the all wise,all knowing UN approves of don't ya know 😉

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Well probably because the rest of the world would condemn them as tyrannical Nazis,and show the most sickening showing of outreach and support ever witnessed by man.

You miss the loving tributes Western countries sent out after their dips*** president fell outta the sky?

Israel is only supposed to do as the all wise,all knowing UN approves of don't ya know 😉

We chopped off the head of the snake in Iraq...and that wasn't even an extremely deadly snake.  ...and then the extremely deadly snake began to fill the vacuum.  The world forgets so easy when the people gain freedom they didn't ever think they'd have.  The Iranian people don't want sharia law...they want western freedoms, western clothes, western music...

If  you chop off the head of the Ayatollah...wonder what would fill that vacuum?  Russia?  They are  kind of preoccupied.  Seems to me a prime time to go rattlesnake hunting.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, joc said:

We chopped off the head of the snake in Iraq...and that wasn't even an extremely deadly snake.  ...and then the extremely deadly snake began to fill the vacuum.  The world forgets so easy when the people gain freedom they didn't ever think they'd have.  The Iranian people don't want sharia law...they want western freedoms, western clothes, western music...

If  you chop off the head of the Ayatollah...wonder what would fill that vacuum?  Russia?  They are  kind of preoccupied.  Seems to me a prime time to go rattlesnake hunting.

Wasn't saying I disagreed with you...

Just meant anything Israel does is under a microscope and the US is in an election year.

The world's already in an uproar over "Gaza genocide" to the point of white kids running around screaming kill the Jews,and no one calls it racist or antisemitic,or even "white supremacy" anymore.

Any really big steps Israel takes,they will either follow the US's advice,or go at it alone.

• Like 3

On 6/11/2024 at 8:54 AM, Setton said:

As it happens, Israeli Police and Civil Administration officials do demolish Israeli illegal settler structures.

• Thanks 2

On 6/11/2024 at 11:36 AM, joc said:

That would solve only part of the problem. Land and border issues, as well as Israel's right to exist in the area, will still remain.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

As it happens, Israeli Police and Civil Administration officials do demolish Israeli illegal settler structures.

That's odd seeing as Israel refuses to accept they're even illegal.

Also odd that there's still over 200 illegal settlements in that case.

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

That would solve only part of the problem. Land and border issues, as well as Israel's right to exist in the area, will still remain.

You can barter and deal with land and border issues...and Israel's right to exist in the area would be mute if the rattlesnake hissing stopped cold.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Setton said:

That's odd seeing as Israel refuses to accept they're even illegal.

Also odd that there's still over 200 illegal settlements in that case.

We were discussing the Bedouin and the demolition of illegal structures, and that's what my reply addressed.

This topic thread has nothing to do with Israeli settlements in the West Bank and has already been derailed enough.

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Minor edit.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

We were discussing the Bedouin and the demolition of illegal structures, and that's what my reply addressed.

This topic thread has nothing to do with Israeli settlements in the West Bank and has already been derailed enough.

What a pathetic evasion.