Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the 20th Anniversary of the Killdozer Rampage

OverSword

Posted (edited)

They should make a movie about this.  Big guy and legal system crushes little guy, little guy with nothing to lose has epic vengeance.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

A psycho goes on a rampage and you're impressed? 

Seriously WTF 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/4/2024 at 5:18 PM, OverSword said:

They should make a movie about this.  Big guy and legal system crushes little guy, little guy with nothing to lose has epic vengeance.

If DC gets much farther out of control, they could make a TV series out of what's coming ;) 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2024 at 8:38 PM, psyche101 said:

A psycho goes on a rampage and you're impressed? 

Seriously WTF 

You think they couldn't make a movie from this?  A small business owner gets crushed by some a rich guy and a legal system that favors the wealthy, dude loses his marbles and takes out a small town with an armored bulldozer for revenge.  They could write a great script around that.  Your real problem is me.  Anyone else could have posted a killdozer thread and you wouldn't have said jack squat.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2024 at 1:12 AM, OverSword said:

You think they couldn't make a movie from this?  A small business owner gets crushed by some a rich guy and a legal system that favors the wealthy, dude loses his marbles and takes out a small town with an armored bulldozer for revenge.  They could write a great script around that.  Your real problem is me.  Anyone else could have posted a killdozer thread and you wouldn't have said jack squat.

Not movie material. More low budget documentary fodder.

Crushed? 

He wanted the government to pay for services thar was his responsibility. God had it out for him too apparently.

Sure you get attention because you post ridiculous crap. Like this. You are making out that this maniac was a wronged battler. The psycho had a list of names including townspeople and the church whom he planned revenge upon.

He was basically a dumb ass psycho attempted murderer. His revenge list is topped by a local family. Not dat ebil gubbermint

Educate yourself.

Investigators later found Heemeyer's handwritten list of targets of 107 people who he thought had wronged him. The Docheff family was at the top of the list (written as "Douche-eff"[8]). The list also included various buildings, companies, judges, politicians, newspaper editors and anyone who sided against him in past disputes.[1][8][28] One entrant was the local Catholic Church (which he did not damage), due to their opposition to his attempts to legalize gambling, as well as theological differences as Heemeyer was a member of the Christian Reformed Church.[8]

Prior to the rampage, Heemeyer had scrawled a list of complaints onto an old "For Sale" sign, as well as scrap paper. These ranged from the Docheffs' unwillingness to pay the large sums he requested, the sanitation district's fining of him, and that the town had approved the plant construction. The other writings suggested that God had stopped the plant from being constructed in 1992, and alluded to a belief that God had caused the deaths of multiple people who had opposed him. Heemeyer further claimed that "I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable", adding that "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."[15][8]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

Do you support total aholes as part of your libertarian religion or are you just very fond of messed up aholes? Are you aiming to be one when you grow up? 

Edited by psyche101

11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Not movie material. More low budget documentary fodder.

I disagree.  This could easily become a limited series on NetFlix or an indie film.

I think there could a good limited series in Netflix about this, surely.

Good themes could be: mental health, victim complexes, conspiracies, the role of religion in the preceding three themes, violent loners, the adoption of violent antisocial criminals as heroic figures by certain segments of society.

I see some good potential.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OverSword said:

I disagree.  This could easily become a limited series on NetFlix or an indie film.

Still not a battler teaching the government a lesson. Just a bad attitude psycho loser who died trying to kill people. 

5 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

I think there could a good limited series in Netflix about this, surely.

Good themes could be: mental health, victim complexes, conspiracies, the role of religion in the preceding three themes, violent loners, the adoption of violent antisocial criminals as heroic figures by certain segments of society.

I see some good potential.

I looked it up, apparently there is one. There's a Netflix doco from 2020 called tread about this incident. 

Antisocial criminal loner is how I see this man too. 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2024 at 11:38 PM, and-then said:

If DC gets much farther out of control, they could make a TV series out of what's coming ;) 

I thought it was totally in control by people you distrust.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2024 at 8:12 AM, OverSword said:

Great lesson.  A person gets screwed by a wealthy elite so he kills other poor people?: Pretty much real life  and inspirational I must say.  And of course what we all love, a victim takes revenge.  Does he get the rich guy in the end? 

19 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Great lesson.  A person gets screwed by a wealthy elite so he kills other poor people?: Pretty much real life  and inspirational I must say.  And of course what we all love, a victim takes revenge.  Does he get the rich guy in the end? 

I'm actually curious to hear from an expert on who exactly victimized our poor Marvin.

Did the rich guy victimize Marvin when he offered to pay Marvin ~6x the purchase price of Marvin's piece of property?

Maybe it was when Marvin reneged on that, and instead asked for another 125k, bringing the asked purchase price to ~8x the purchase price.

Or maybe it was when Marvin asked for another 125k, and the rich guy decided he had enough of dealing with Marvin and decided not to play ball anymore.

Ah yes, Marvin was a real victim here.

But maybe the real villain is Big Gov, who asked Marvin to stop pumping his fecal material into an irrigation ditch. Or who stopped him from trying to freeload off his neighbor's sewer line without permission. Or who eventually fined him after 9 years of letting him **** in a barrel.

Yes, Marvin sounds like the ideal victim for a certain class of people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Still not a battler teaching the government a lesson. Just a bad attitude psycho loser who died trying to kill people. 

17 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Depends on how the script is written.  It doesn't have to be an accurate portrayal just loosely based on.  

I looked it up, apparently there is one. There's a Netflix doco from 2020 called tread about this incident. 

Antisocial criminal loner is how I see this man too. 

I'm not talking about a documentary, there are plenty of those.  And yes the guy is definitely a nut.  Probably a meth head.

11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

In the movie I would write nobody would die until the elites had him murdered in prison. :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

In the movie I would write nobody would die until the elites had him murdered in prison. :D

A documentary then?:devil:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

Depends on how the script is written.  It doesn't have to be an accurate portrayal just loosely based on.  

I'm not talking about a documentary, there are plenty of those.  And yes the guy is definitely a nut.  Probably a meth head.

So a fictional movie?

In your op, you described Marvin as wronged and getting epic vengeance. Was that what you thought of Marvin or was it your idea for a movie? 

It sounded very much like you thought Marvin was some sort of hero. 

• Like 1

So a fictional movie?

In your op, you described Marvin as wronged and getting epic vengeance. Was that what you thought of Marvin or was it your idea for a movie? 

It sounded very much like you thought Marvin was some sort of hero. 

I described a movie plot didn't I?

On 6/22/2024 at 12:53 AM, OverSword said:

I described a movie plot didn't I?

I really don't know.

I take it you don't feel that 

Big guy and legal system crushes little guy, little guy with nothing to lose has epic vengeance.

Actually describes that dead whackjob?

In the OP it sounds like you're a Marvin fan. And it sounds like your usual libertarian rights chant applies to him. 

I don't think glorifying his rampage is a great idea. He should be remembered for what he was. A destructive murderous nutcase that I suspect wasn't missed by anyone.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I really don't know.

I take it you don't feel that 

Big guy and legal system crushes little guy, little guy with nothing to lose has epic vengeance.

Actually describes that dead whackjob?

In the OP it sounds like you're a Marvin fan. And it sounds like your usual libertarian rights chant applies to him. 

I don't think glorifying his rampage is a great idea. He should be remembered for what he was. A destructive murderous nutcase that I suspect wasn't missed by anyone.

Let me clear it up for you.  From post number one of this thread:

On 6/4/2024 at 3:18 PM, OverSword said:

They should make a movie about this.

Now go away :st

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ah, so they should make a fictional movie that doesn't portray what actually happened.

I get it. Most movies don't portray events as they happened.

• Like 2

Let me clear it up for you.  From post number one of this thread:

A movie "about this" 

What's "about this" refer to if not a murderous psychotic ahole? 

You got overexcited about the "stick it to the government" schtick didn't you. 

Now go away :st

Bite me. 

14 hours ago, psyche101 said:

What's "about this" refer to if not a murderous psychotic ahole? 

Are you trying to say they don't make entertaining movies about psychotic a-holes? Go away, you're embarrassing yourself. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Are you trying to say they don't make entertaining movies about psychotic a-holes?

Nothing entertaining about some nutcase killer 

Yes, they don't glorify killer morons as some downtrodden individual battling dat ebil gubbermint. That's the irrational libertarian coming out. 

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Go away, you're embarrassing yourself. 

I don't think so. You made a stupid comment about a psycho and you look like you didn't know what you were talking about. You look stupid here. 

14 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Nothing entertaining about some nutcase killer 

• Psycho
  • Saw
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Zodiac
  • Man of God
  • American Psycho
  • Postcard Killings
  • Natural Born Killers
  • Killers
  • All Good Things
  • Wolf Creek

Just off the top of my head.  Care  to say anything else that stupid?  

Go away.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2024 at 1:04 AM, OverSword said:
  • Psycho
  • Saw
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Zodiac
  • Man of God
  • American Psycho
  • Postcard Killings
  • Natural Born Killers
  • Killers
  • All Good Things
  • Wolf Creek

Just off the top of my head.  Care  to say anything else that stupid?  

Are they glorifying the killers of making them out the monsters they were? I've only seen one movie on that list (not a horror fan) because it's Australian and it sure didn't reflect Big guy and legal system crushes little guy, little guy with nothing to lose has epic vengeance.

On 6/29/2024 at 1:04 AM, OverSword said:

Go away.

Once again.

Bite me. 

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Are they glorifying the killers of making them out the monsters they were? I've only seen one movie on that list (not a horror fan) because it's Australian and it sure didn't reflect Big guy and legal system crushes little guy, little guy with nothing to lose has epic vengeance.

So?  A writer can come up with any type of plot he likes.  Again I say the only reason you are having such a negative reaction to this thread is because you don't like me.  I doubt you would have looked at it or posted in it otherwise.