Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Sealed Book of Revelation 5:1: A NEW Theory and a challenging question!

TheOneInsideTheZero

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Guyver said:

Correctamundo Kimosabi.

I said hold my beer, Tonto not drink it.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Piney said:

They get apathetic. 

Actually, they're quite serene, perched upon their fence.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Xeno doesn’t gaslight at all. 

I bonfire. 😆

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, lightly said:

Agnostics don’t know if they should get mad or not.

I suppose for the agnostic it comes down to 'I don't know and that's okay' or 'I don't know and it doesn't matter.'

Just one less thing to maintain in life. I still hold to god being an idea and no one knows with any level of factual certainty that the big G exist or doesn't. Some just get too caught up in their afterlife and don't live the only life they know they've got. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Piney said:

I think the writers of the Gospels were looking to attract the Mandaeans.

This is the Way. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

I just want to say one more thing.  I understand that Piney has suffered financial loss as well as the loss of a lover and wife, friend, and companion.  This could be especially depressing for anyone.  It can seem hopeless, and so dark. But Piney, you are a Native American.  You have your tribe and your people need you. Plus, if anyone has the skills to survive in the wild, if need be…it would be a Native American.  So chin up and soldier on brother. 

I have my Quaker peeps and my Italian mother-in-law. 🙂

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I suppose for the agnostic it comes down to 'I don't know and that's okay' or 'I don't know and it doesn't matter.'

Just one less thing to maintain in life. I still hold to god being an idea and no one knows with any level of factual certainty that the big G exist or doesn't. Some just get too caught up in their afterlife and don't live the only life they know they've got. 

For me:  Agnosticism to me is a serene acceptance of the unknown, a peaceful stance devoid of the need for a divine narrative. I find solace in the enigma that surrounds being human and I simply embrace the beauty of the mystery.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

For me:  Agnosticism to me is a serene acceptance of the unknown, a peaceful stance devoid of the need for a divine narrative. I find solace in the enigma that surrounds being human and I simply embrace the beauty of the mystery.

I just don't worry about it. 

• Like 3

On 6/12/2024 at 8:13 AM, Sherapy said:

That’s beautiful.   I didn’t mean to make fun of Agnostics…just kiddin around 🥰       I guess I’m Ignostic.   Ignostics believe in something, but we’re too dumb to understand what.   :P

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, lightly said:

I guess I’m Ignostic.   Ignostics believe in something, but we’re too dumb to understand what.   :P  

I believe that. 😊

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, lightly said:

That’s beautiful.   I didn’t mean to make fun of Agnostics…just kiddin around 🥰       I guess I’m Ignostic.   Ignostics believe in something, but we’re too dumb to understand what.   :P

Ignostics think that the question of God's existence is meaningless. Because the word god is lacking a true coherent and unambiguous definition. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

For the work in believing and having faith in God, a person is compensated with personal subjective proof. If nothing is believed, then nothing will be proved

But what is this thing, one can believe and have faith in?

Well like Xeno promotes, it can be a personal concept, an idea or an imagination, a reality tunnel of what God really is. Then, by doing the work of believing and having faith in that, a person will receive payment for their work (proof) of the accuracy of their idea subjectively.

That proof will be that the idea is either right or wrong (most of the time wrong). But not without doing the work of believing and having faith, first.

Subjective proof is an oxymoron. One might as well claim that dehydrated water exists. :w00t:

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

One might as well claim that dehydrated water exists. :w00t:

cormac

Goddammit! @acute sold me 10 cases. 😳

• Haha 6

Clever responses in this thread, and it seems we have invented a new belief system?  Ignostics!  Not to be confused with ignoramuses lol.   Nice job Lightly.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Guyver said:

Clever responses in this thread, and it seems we have invented a new belief system?  Ignostics!  Not to be confused with ignoramuses lol.   Nice job Lightly.  

:lol:    Thanks.    I guess ignoramus fits me best, because I just learned, (thanks to X) that Ignostic (or Igtheism) are Real Words!    OOPs and now I see he beat me to the description...which doesn’t exactly fit my ig or my nos :Phttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism#:~:text=Ignosticism or igtheism is the,no coherent and unambiguous definition.

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, lightly said:

😂Thank you lightly. You always make me laugh. Thank you.🤣

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Screenshot_20240613-212116.png.531e1cd9cc97454681022f8e41a545a2.png

@Piney  Order 12 cases next time, to get the bulk-buy discount.

water.thumb.jpg.3941a26f2c276b6b9fe3b121d3e2b8ca.jpg.530069b8d1627f7391b3fb95b0e4df4e.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, acute said:

Screenshot_20240613-212116.png.531e1cd9cc97454681022f8e41a545a2.png

@Piney  Order 12 cases next time, to get the bulk-buy discount.

water.thumb.jpg.3941a26f2c276b6b9fe3b121d3e2b8ca.jpg.530069b8d1627f7391b3fb95b0e4df4e.jpg

🤣

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Wow.  Really?  How did you know that?  Did you look it up to see if it exists, or did you already know it?  

PS.  Will you speak to rational wiki as a source?  I haven’t used it much.  Is it a reliable source IYO?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Wow.  Really?  How did you know that?  Did you look it up to see if it exists, or did you already know it?  

PS.  Will you speak to rational wiki as a source?  I haven’t used it much.  Is it a reliable source IYO?

Rationalwiki is pretty reliable. There are several members who are editors here. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Guyver said:

Did you look it up to see if it exists

Years ago. Came across the term in a youtube video. Looked into it. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/5/2024 at 9:36 PM, TheOneInsideTheZero said:

But this is a great clue that the book is sealed by the way it is written. 

I have that book:D

Don't forget the Powdered Toast.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

• Haha 3