Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Far-left pundit who denied Oct. 7 rape claims axed by The Hill

Kittens Are Jerks

Far-left pundit who denied Oct. 7 rape claims axed by The Hill

Far-left commentator Briahna Joy Gray, who has repeatedly sought to cast doubt on the sexual violence perpetrated against Israeli women during the Hamas-led terror onslaught, announces that she has been fired from The Hill where she co-hosted its morning news talk show “Rising.” Gray claims the decision was politically motivated, charging that The Hill “has a clear pattern of suppressing speech, particularly when it’s critical of the state of Israel.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/far-left-pundit-who-denied-oct-7-rape-claims-axed-by-the-hill/

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Briahna Joy Gray, a political commender and Bernie Sander's former press secretary during his 2020 presidential campaign, was slammed online this week for her treatment of an Israeli hostage family member during an interview with The Hill on Tuesday.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-805226

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

GOOD!  I watch that propaganda channel occasionally and she is a WITCH... The guy across from her is just a wall for her to throw her hate against.  I'm amazed they took the stance but I'm happy.

• Like 4

Shes an idiot. Idiots get fired if they're not immune culture hires.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Edumakated said:

Like most leftist, she always came off as an overly educated idiot to me.  Plenty of degrees but lacking basic common sense.

Well that is kinda my point.  Don't get your information from someone who is visibly prejudiced either left or right.  If you can discern their bias, they are trying to sell you something.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

charging that The Hill “has a clear pattern of suppressing speech, particularly when it’s critical of the state of Israel.”

Not just The Hill, pretty much every single main stream media company to every single State and Federal political office. If you dare question the official Israeli narrative of the day your days are numbered. If you choose to tow the line you are awarded.  This is why Trump is allowed to get away with pretty much anything. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Not just The Hill, pretty much every single main stream media company to every single State and Federal political office. If you dare question the official Israeli narrative of the day your days are numbered. If you choose to tow the line you are awarded.  This is why Trump is allowed to get away with pretty much anything. 

Do you have examples of instances where mainstream media have fired someone for questioning the 'official Israeli narrative' de jour?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

At a recent debate over the Israel-Hamas war, Gray made the following comment: “When Hamas is talking about eliminating Israel, it’s not talking about killing all of the Jews, it’s talking about eliminating... an ethnonationalist state and having a state more like what we have in America.” In other words, the October 7 massacre was just another step in that theocratic death cult's attempt at democracy-building.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Do you have examples of instances where mainstream media have fired someone for questioning the 'official Israeli narrative' de jour?

They'd be difficult to find.  I can't think of any that don't carry the same slanders about the IDF "carpet bombing" or "indiscriminately bombing civilians".  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

it’s not talking about killing all of the Jews

For a purportedly educated person, she seems woefully ignorant of Hamas' goals.

Part of their "Covenant" (Article 7)

"The time(16) will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: 0 Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him!"

Those who condemn Israel's efforts in Gaza, while acknowledging that Hamas hides among the people and Israel has no effective means to avoid killing some of those civilians, is effectively supporting Hamas.  They can spin it any way they like but that is the reality of their stance.  What Hamas did on 10/7 was an abomination and no moral person should be able to support those who did such things.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well that is kinda my point.  Don't get your information from someone who is visibly prejudiced either left or right.  If you can discern their bias, they are trying to sell you something.

I don't disagree

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, and-then said:

Part of their "Covenant" (Article 7)

"The time(16) will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: 0 Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him!"

Those who condemn Israel's efforts in Gaza, while acknowledging that Hamas hides among the people and Israel has no effective means to avoid killing some of those civilians, is effectively supporting Hamas.  They can spin it any way they like but that is the reality of their stance.  What Hamas did on 10/7 was an abomination and no moral person should be able to support those who did such things.

They will claim that the civilian casualties are not Hamas.  The problem is that there is little difference between a civilian and Hamas.  They wear no uniforms.  The cilivilians openly support Hamas actions by granting them power over their governance.  These civilians may not take up arms, but will provide support, cover, etc for those that do.  So in my mind, they are effectively one and the same.  Hamas can't build an extensive tunnel network without civilian support.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Edumakated said:

Like most leftist, she always came off as an overly educated idiot to me.  Plenty of degrees but lacking basic common sense.

A in school, F in life.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WVK said:

A in school, F in life.

Living in a highly educated liberal community, I can assure you that many of these folks have zero common sense.  They will have undergraduate and graduate degrees from Ivy League & peer schools.  Most will be successful in their careers.  However, they often lack the most rudimentary common sense when it comes to life and human nature.  It is quite astonishing to see people who can be so book smart, but at the same time dumber than a box of rocks.  Meanwhile, you'll have guys who barely finished high school have more wisdom and insight on a matter. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, and-then said:

They'd be difficult to find.  I can't think of any that don't carry the same slanders about the IDF "carpet bombing" or "indiscriminately bombing civilians".  

I asked because I don't for a moment believe Gray's firing had anything to do with suppression of speech. She's been spewing anti-Israel nonsense hate for quite some time (including the denial of October 7 rape claims) and was still able to hold onto her job. She crossed the line when she treated the sister of an Israeli hostage in an unacceptable manner. Given the backlash that followed, The Hill had no choice but to drop her — something they should have done a long time ago.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, and-then said:

She's not ignorant of Hamas' goals, she supports them. When she came under attack for her comments regarding Hamas' goal of eradicating Jews from the 'land of Palestine', she pointed to their revised Charter which had (in places) replaced the word Jews with Zionists, arguing that Hamas' problem was not with Jews, it was with Zionists. Someone should tell her what a Zionist, because if she's woefully ignorant of anything it's that.

Edited by Kittens Are Jerks
Minor correction.
  • Like 2

On 6/7/2024 at 9:20 AM, Edumakated said:

Living in a highly educated liberal community, I can assure you that many of these folks have zero common sense.  They will have undergraduate and graduate degrees from Ivy League & peer schools.  Most will be successful in their careers.  However, they often lack the most rudimentary common sense when it comes to life and human nature.  It is quite astonishing to see people who can be so book smart, but at the same time dumber than a box of rocks.  Meanwhile, you'll have guys who barely finished high school have more wisdom and insight on a matter. 

Its true of engineers as well. Super smart, but unable to butter bread, much less turn a wrench, or figure out a software error.

Knew a few LTs in the Army like that too. One got us "killed" over and over during exercises one year. Wouldnt listen to the sergeants, had to do things his way. He had a Masters Degree after all.....

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 2:17 PM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Someone should tell her what a Zionist, because if she's woefully ignorant of anything it's that.

Zion is, basically, Jerusalem. Though Zion technically is the name of a hill (peak?) in Jerusalem, the names can be considered synonomous.

Its similar to saying that you dont want to kill Muslims. Just only kill everyone practicing Islam in Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Iran, and Lebanon. I makes no practical difference. The difference isnt real, its only semantics.