Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Traces in the snow compared to MB keys

Stephan Peter

Photos of tracks in the snow, with Mercedes-Benz car keys next to them for comparison. Photographed on 27.2.2018, 17:11 CET in a garden in the city of Steinbach-Hallenberg, Germany. No tracks of people or animals within a radius of at least 10 meters, but a second, identical track was found about 20m away from the first track. There was no track at all between the two, just bare, untouched smooth snow surface.

20180227_171116-min.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Stephan Peter said:

Photos of tracks in the snow, with Mercedes-Benz car keys next to them for comparison. Photographed on 27.2.2018, 17:11 CET in a garden in the city of Steinbach-Hallenberg, Germany. No tracks of people or animals within a radius of at least 10 meters, but a second, identical track was found about 20m away from the first track. There was no track at all between the two, just bare, untouched smooth snow surface.

20180227_171116-min.jpg

Hello Stephan, and welcome to UM!

First impression: bird wing.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

First impression: bird wing.

I'm also convinced it's a bird wing. I've seen near identical markings left by birds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I'm also convinced it's a bird wing. I've seen near identical markings left by birds.

That's what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's what it is.

Like I said, bird wings was my first impression.

But I googled:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bird+wing+track+snow&client=firefox-b-m&sca_esv=4d1091d9e59bc338&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCmdbhjM-GAxVs9rsIHZIeA34Q_AUIBigB&biw=360&bih=627

And none of the images show these parallel lines as shown in the OP.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

Well, maybe the imprint of an owl's tail comes close:

https://sciencebasedlife.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/the-last-thing-the-squirrel-saw/

wingprint.thumb.jpg.263c531dc39abaca41c56f427c4bbc9f.jpg

Looking at the OP's pic, I saw critter tracks and more wing marks besides the branch. It might of been a hunting swoop tail drag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Piney said:

Looking at the OP's pic, I saw critter tracks and more wing marks besides the branch. It might of been a hunting swoop tail drag. 

Yep, I noticed that too, and this is what I think happened: an owl dived down on some critter. It managed to escape, and the owl dived down a second time, further up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course, it could also be tracks made by a chupacabra.

But they don't tend to show up much in Germany.

😜

Hey, @Stephan Peter

You're still here, or was it just a hit-and-run post?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Yep, I noticed that too, and this is what I think happened: an owl dived down on some critter. It managed to escape, and the owl dived down a second time, further up.

Exactly..

• Thanks 1

Why 'Mercedes Benz' car keys and not just 'car keys'? Ooh look at me, I drive a Mercedes therefore I'm credible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Thanks for your comments! Bird wings sounds really reeasonable and I did not think of that before.

• Thanks 2

What is strange is that the tracks look as if they have been pressed in and not scratched or swept away by rapid movement (where is the snow that was scraped out?). Of course, there are many other purely hypothetical possibilities. We'll see what the future brings. The photo is from 2018, we're in no hurry;)

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Stephan Peter said:

What is strange is that the tracks look as if they have been pressed in and not scratched or swept away by rapid movement (where is the snow that was scraped out?). Of course, there are many other purely hypothetical possibilities. We'll see what the future brings. The photo is from 2018, we're in no hurry;)

Sure let's make a jump from all the known things that do leave tracks to it being some unknown paranormal supernatural creature, sounds good to me. Bat meter says 98% nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sanchez710 said:

Why 'Mercedes Benz' car keys and not just 'car keys'? Ooh look at me, I drive a Mercedes therefore I'm credible. 

Hah, when I read that made me think of a song I thru sat at the club, the singer saying. "I'll be looking flashy in my Mercedes Benz" get the party started....

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Stephan Peter said:

Because if the oil's tail hit the snow while hunting it would be pressed down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2024 at 3:00 PM, Stephan Peter said:

You seem to not want it to be a bird so what do you think would leave such a print?

Edited by the13bats
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I don't think it's an owl, it would have left talon marks or imprint from it's prey.

9 hours ago, openozy said:

I don't think it's an owl, it would have left talon marks or imprint from it's prey.

The prey escaped two times, so no talon marks.

And you don't see tracks of the mouse or rat because they escaped, tunneling below the snow surface.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2