Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two pilots radio in to report sightings of the same UFO over Ireland

Here we go, posters here will be wanging on about:

Where's the video, everyone has a phone

Maybe blame the pilots for being under the unfluence of drink or drugs 

Maybe it's Jupiter.

lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Maybe it's Jupiter.

lol

Swamp gas.  You forgot swamp gas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Maybe it's Jupiter.

lol

Once again, you're only here to whine about others. Go outside for a walk, maybe go touch grass. Besides, I for one don't need pilots busting out their phones when flying.

But yes, Jupiter of course.😛

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Cho Jinn said:

Swamp gas.  You forgot swamp gas.

Jupiter gas, get it right pal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've heard piles of evidence by now that suggest non-human UFO crafts doing amazing things. Call me a 'believer'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I've heard piles of evidence

I’ve heard the evidence too, I just haven’t seen any of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Grey Area said:

I’ve heard the evidence too, I just haven’t seen any of it.

There's videos but of course they'll spark an endless debate. It gets tiring.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I've heard piles of evidence by now that suggest non-human UFO crafts doing amazing things. Call me a 'believer'.

Oh it's piles of something alright.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Very interesting, but I do wish they had more to add. Maybe one day they will expand on their statements on Facebook or X

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

It's always interesting to get unusual sightings reported by pilots who are trained in observation skills. This is a good one!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, sanchez710 said:

It's always interesting to get unusual sightings reported by pilots who are trained in observation skills. This is a good one!

Pilots are no better than the normal Joe to identify a UFO. Especially when said object is far away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I do, you are a dear true believer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay so a couple pilots see something and they don't know what it really is, how credious does a person have to be to suggest it aliens.?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hazzard said:

Pilots are no better than the normal Joe to identify a UFO. Especially when said object is far away. 

UFOs/aliens aside, commercial pilots are trained to be aware of any and all air traffic in their vicinity.
What’s interesting to me is that both pilots notified ATC (Air Traffic Control) before ATC notified the pilots that an airborne object was nearby. That’s very unusual. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, simplybill said:

What’s interesting to me is that both pilots notified ATC (Air Traffic Control) before ATC notified the pilots that an airborne object was nearby. That’s very unusual. 

I can’t see anything in the article, or the source, about ATC coming back and notifying the pilots that an object was nearby.

Are you able to confirm where you got that information from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

I can’t see anything in the article, or the source, about ATC coming back and notifying the pilots that an object was nearby.

Are you able to confirm where you got that information from?

“…with the sighting being reported to Air Traffic Control.”

The wording in the article makes it appear that the pilots relayed the information to ATC before ATC contacted them. If ATC had contacted the pilots first, then the pilots would have ‘confirmed’ rather than ‘reported’ the sighting. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, simplybill said:

UFOs/aliens aside, commercial pilots are trained to be aware of any and all air traffic in their vicinity.

Well... I havent seen any transcript or statements from the pilots involved or the air traffic controller from this aleged incident.

All we have here is a story told by a 17 year old kid, who loves aircraft and spends his free time listening to their communication

That is the only unusual thing I can see here I if you ask me.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, simplybill said:

“…with the sighting being reported to Air Traffic Control.”

The wording in the article makes it appear that the pilots relayed the information to ATC before ATC contacted them. If ATC had contacted the pilots first, then the pilots would have ‘confirmed’ rather than ‘reported’ the sighting. 

Well yes the article makes it very clear the pilot report the sighting.

There is zero evidence that ATC confirmed the existence of an object.  This is important because this is how myths are created.  You have essentially added a second part to the story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

There is zero evidence that ATC confirmed the existence of an object.

But wouldn’t you agree that it’d be standard operating procedure to respond to reports of an unidentified aircraft in a nation’s airspace? Those reports are taken very seriously, for obvious reasons.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, simplybill said:

But wouldn’t you agree that it’d be standard operating procedure to respond to reports of an unidentified aircraft in a nation’s airspace? Those reports are taken very seriously, for obvious reasons.

So then show us any evidence this event even happened and if it did happen as the teen story teller claims it did show us transcripts of what atc said not what you assume was said or happened, you know facts supported by evidence.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, simplybill said:

I would agree that yes there should be a response to unknown craft in a particular country's airspace. Were any air force assets scrambled to intercept? Is there corresponding reports linked to the RAF for investigation? What can we find of the radar returns, if any exist?

I believe that the pilots indeed observed something they could not explain. I also believe that it is not an extraterrestrial craft.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I also believe that it is not an extraterrestrial craft.

I agree. You may have noticed in my earlier post that I began with:

”UFOs/aliens aside…”

55 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I agree. You may have noticed in my earlier post that I began with:

”UFOs/aliens aside…”

I did. I wasn't arguing with you, only stating my opinion. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Those of you who would like more details about the incident can contact Shaun directly through the email address on his website:

*****@*****

ETA :  Oops, I forgot that posting email addresses is forbidden. 
The address is on the website that was in the OP. 

Edited by simplybill
Clarification