Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John Titor and his predictions

qxcontinuum

Posted (edited)

I knew about John Titor since many years ago. I have read some of the original articles written by and dedicated to his memory by the John Titor foundation.

There is plenty of information online about it, including some of the photos he has taken.

Leave aside some of the prediction he made that were proven to be accurate but not by dates / years, I accidentally came across a wikipedia article where civil war was cited in USA, caused by overpopulation, open borders and  presidential elections. Although the year aforementioned was 2005 none of which happened, the events described seems to be deadly accurate but placed 20 years in the past. He also mentioned about the Israeli Arab conflict as source of a new world war. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

https://archive.org/details/completetitor

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

So you think we (the U.S.) will have civil war and open borders by next year?  And you expect a world war to happen because of the unrest in the middle east?   The middle east has had unrest for centuries, sometimes exacerbated by european foreigners looting and pillaging, taking control of cities, invading, trying to colonize etc.   Those predictions are just as accurate as any smart science fiction writer's stories.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So you think we (the U.S.) will have civil war and open borders by next year?  And you expect a world war to happen because of the unrest in the middle east?   The middle east has had unrest for centuries, sometimes exacerbated by european foreigners looting and pillaging, taking control of cities, invading, trying to colonize etc.   Those predictions are just as accurate as any smart science fiction writer's stories.

American Evangelicals have been predicting a world war starting with a Israel-Arab war since the 70s. 

What a crock...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Piney said:

American Evangelicals have been predicting a world war starting with a Israel-Arab war since the 70s. 

What a crock...

The main reason I don't discount the idea of a WW being on the horizon is WW and Europe have a history... when trench warfare is ongoing on the continent,things just feel a bit dicey.

That said,Titors just a sitting up Edgar Cayce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

The main reason I don't discount the idea of a WW being on the horizon is WW and Europe have a history... when trench warfare is ongoing on the continent,things just feel a bit dicey.

That said,Titors just a sitting up Edgar Cayce.

His American Civil War prediction date was 2008. WWIII prediction date was around 2013. 

And his backstory rips off Terminator. 

I'm looking at the "time machine". His physics is 10 years out of date. 🤪

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

I knew about John Titor since many years ago. I have read some of the original articles written by and dedicated to his memory by the John Titor foundation.

There is plenty of information online about it, including some of the photos he has taken.

Leave aside some of the prediction he made that were proven to be accurate but not by dates / years, I accidentally came across a wikipedia article where civil war was cited in USA, caused by overpopulation, open borders and  presidential elections. Although the year aforementioned was 2005 none of which happened, the events described seems to be deadly accurate but placed 20 years in the past. He also mentioned about the Israeli Arab conflict as source of a new world war. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

https://archive.org/details/completetitor

I was part of a team of geeks who hunted down John Titor back in the day.

He was a 20-something living in Florida with his mom in his grandfather's house.  The entire premise is ludicrous: everything collapsed because Linux programmers forgot to note that there would be a problem with some legacy Linux programs in 2038 (they couldn't correctly calculate dates) and the world's infrastructure collapsed and there was massive war (for no particular reason.)  It was posted with pictures of items that supposedly were the mechanics for a "time travel machine" - folks who were into automotives and various computer techs quickly identified what the mysterious objects were -- and they weren't what Titor claimed they were.

Back when I was first learning to program (1975) we were told about the date problem.  Everybody who went through university/college classes on computing knew about it.

It was one of those inane memes, like Slenderman, that took on a life of its own.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Piney said:

What a crock...

The essence of the prediction, or just the timing?  I think that anyone who bets against such a war ever breaking out, is just displaying their own biases.  The world is aligning for and against Israel quite rapidly over this past 8 months.  Most of them, against.  If Israel refuses to stop short of finishing Hamas, I expect some pretty serious sanctions against the nation and its leaders.  Many on this site would cheerfully watch them being burned down if it were possible.  Thankfully, it's isn't.  If DC gets its way then Netanyahu will be taken down and some Leftist will form a government in his place with the immediate attempt to make Israel, DC's b!+ch.  The only way it won't unfold like that will be if the people make it clear that WHOEVER sits in the PM's seat better finish Hamas, no matter what the current DC crowd are demanding.

58 minutes ago, Piney said:

You know what I really think about Israel and Hamas?

I don't give one **** about either of them and they never even come to mind unless someone brings them up. 

And you know what I say when they do?

I don't give a ****.

:nw:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Piney said:

What a crock...

Hal Lindsey wrote a book called, The 1980's Countdown to Armageddon.  Hmmmm...the 80's and New Wave came and went.  The 90s and Grunge Rock came and went...Y2K came and went....the first and second decade of the new millennium came and went...

...and still...they are counting down...

Fear...in Hollywood it's a big hit.  In Church it's a big hit.  Why people trust people who preach fear is beyond me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I strongly believe that if Trump doesn't get elected, there would be major political and civil unrest that could lead to a civil war and southern states separation.  Further more, I was reading an article today about Trudeau's office making predictions and advising the prime, to brace for the possibility of civil unrest in America. https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/06/11/canada-us-civil-war-00162521#:~:text=Canada's Big Worry%3A A US,for Canada to get ready.&text=Alexander Burns is head of news at POLITICO.

America's borders are open since liberals came in power , it's not a secret that Binden's policy like Trudeau'a  policy is to gain votes by allowing more immigrants 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

I strongly believe that if Trump doesn't get elected, there would be major political and civil unrest that could lead to a civil war and southern states separation

I believe there would be more states than just those in the South.  Some Western and Midwestern States might move to form a coalition based on rural areas "seceding" from the major population centers.  The nation has ONE binding tie at this point - faith in our elections.  If we see the same kinds of unverified, unsigned ballots flooding in, especially in the swing states and if Trump is leading substantially late in the evening but overnight the tally suddenly flips and gives a VERTICAL leap on the graph then that tie will be over.  What happens next is anyone's guess but one thing I think is certain and that is that roughly half the nation's voters will no longer see DC and anything emanating from it as legitimate.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

You know what I really think about Israel and Hamas?

I don't give one **** about either of them and they never even come to mind unless someone brings them up. 

And you know what I say when they do?

I don't give a ****.

I understand that but I'm genuinely curious about your take on the potential for that region to eventually flare into a regional or even global war that resembles the Biblical predictions in more than a passing way.  I think we are seeing the nations of the world aligning for or against Israel and that is the first step down a path that will lead to Israel being forced into a peace deal that is crafted between many nations and Israel.

2 hours ago, joc said:

Why people trust people who preach fear is beyond me.

While I agree that people tend to be excited by doomsayers, I can honestly say that my understand of the Last Days does not leave me in fear.  I'm generally not bothered too much by situations that I realize I have ZERO ability to influence.  One example is the faulty (IMO) eschatological belief that Russia is the "Magog" of the Bible.  That entity is almost certainly the modern nation of Turkey and "Gog" will be its leader at the time of the end.  I also reject the belief that the ten nations written of in Revelation will be a European entity.  I think the 7 empires spoken of in Revelation are Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo/Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Islamic Caliphate.  Remember that it is predicted that people will be amazed that this last one which "suffered a fatal wound" (Attaturk), will come back to life - a revived Islamic empire.  It's going to run wild and subjugate a lot of countries, including Israel, for a brief time.

4 hours ago, and-then said:

I understand that but I'm genuinely curious about your take on the potential for that region to eventually flare into a regional or even global war that resembles the Biblical predictions in more than a passing way.  I think we are seeing the nations of the world aligning for or against Israel and that is the first step down a path that will lead to Israel being forced into a peace deal that is crafted between many nations and Israel.

The first person who applied Biblical prophecy to the modern era was a clown named William Miller who's followers went on to found the Jehovah's Witnesses and the SDA.

They don't. They applied to events in Hebrew history long passed. But nobody actually wants to study the history just take them out of context

As for that mess escalating? I don't care and if it escalates into a world war it will be what it will be. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

While I agree that people tend to be excited by doomsayers, I can honestly say that my understand of the Last Days does not leave me in fear.  I'm generally not bothered too much by situations that I realize I have ZERO ability to influence.  One example is the faulty (IMO) eschatological belief that Russia is the "Magog" of the Bible.  That entity is almost certainly the modern nation of Turkey and "Gog" will be its leader at the time of the end.  I also reject the belief that the ten nations written of in Revelation will be a European entity.  I think the 7 empires spoken of in Revelation are Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo/Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Islamic Caliphate.  Remember that it is predicted that people will be amazed that this last one which "suffered a fatal wound" (Attaturk), will come back to life - a revived Islamic empire.  It's going to run wild and subjugate a lot of countries, including Israel, for a brief time.

Mustafa Kemal Attaturk was a secular leader who hero worshipped our founding fathers, didn't participate in the genocides against the Christians and was actually p***ed about them. That's why Erdogan hates Kemalists. He wants to be a dictator. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, joc said:

Hal Lindsey wrote a book called, The 1980's Countdown to Armageddon.  Hmmmm...the 80's and New Wave came and went.  The 90s and Grunge Rock came and went...Y2K came and went....the first and second decade of the new millennium came and went...

...and still...they are counting down...

Fear...in Hollywood it's a big hit.  In Church it's a big hit.  Why people trust people who preach fear is beyond me.

Lindsey's 'The Late Great Planet Earth' was being plugged in TV commercials remember? 😆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Piney said:

Lindsey's 'The Late Great Planet Earth' was being plugged in TV commercials remember? 😆

Oh yeah...I forgot about that one!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I agree that people tend to be excited by doomsayers, I can honestly say that my understand of the Last Days does not leave me in fear.  I'm generally not bothered too much by situations that I realize I have ZERO ability to influence.

Just sayin', you seem to be bothered a lot by the Israel/Hamas skirmish...and you have ZERO ability to influence that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Oh yeah...I forgot about that one!

That's one of the few commercials I remember from the 70s.

That and the Doublemint rollerskating twins with the great boobs. 

🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Back when I was first learning to program (1975) we were told about the date problem.  Everybody who went through university/college classes on computing knew about it.

Yep, and everyone had a fix for the date problem except the decrepit banking software and some PC accounting software.  It was the software run on IBM computers that had to be fixed and they started soon enough to be sure it wasn't a problem.   The rest was just con men getting companies to pay them money to do nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, and-then said:

The essence of the prediction, or just the timing?  I think that anyone who bets against such a war ever breaking out, is just displaying their own biases.  The world is aligning for and against Israel quite rapidly over this past 8 months.  Most of them, against.  If Israel refuses to stop short of finishing Hamas, I expect some pretty serious sanctions against the nation and its leaders.  Many on this site would cheerfully watch them being burned down if it were possible.  Thankfully, it's isn't.  If DC gets its way then Netanyahu will be taken down and some Leftist will form a government in his place with the immediate attempt to make Israel, DC's b!+ch.  The only way it won't unfold like that will be if the people make it clear that WHOEVER sits in the PM's seat better finish Hamas, no matter what the current DC crowd are demanding.

I think this post shows your bias.   It sounds like you are saying Israel should "finish" Hamas (what does that mean? nuke them, wipe them from the face of the earth?).   Neither group is right and neither needs to be eliminated, they need to resolve the real issues (which were caused by Eruopeans!) 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, joc said:

Exactly how I feel as well.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, and-then said:

I believe there would be more states than just those in the South.  Some Western and Midwestern States might move to form a coalition based on rural areas "seceding" from the major population centers.  The nation has ONE binding tie at this point - faith in our elections.  If we see the same kinds of unverified, unsigned ballots flooding in, especially in the swing states and if Trump is leading substantially late in the evening but overnight the tally suddenly flips and gives a VERTICAL leap on the graph then that tie will be over.  What happens next is anyone's guess but one thing I think is certain and that is that roughly half the nation's voters will no longer see DC and anything emanating from it as legitimate.

You have been watching too much Southpark.   Both the candidates that people think are going to win for president are too old and demented to be president or even hold a job more difficult than "Do you want fries with that?"   Which ever one "wins" will be replaced early on by their vice president so if you think your vote matters you need vote for the VP not the old man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

That's one of the few commercials I remember from the 70s.

That and the Doublemint rollerskating twins with the great boobs. 

🙂

I remember that one and "Don't play with dead Animals" a public service announcement specifically for the south west because of bubonic and mnemonic plague being a real thing.   🤣   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1