Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

26% of Gen Z job applicants are bringing their parents to interviews

Buzz_Light_Year

Posted (edited)

Talk about a glowing reference!

A new survey has found that some Gen Z applicants may not feel comfortable going to job interviews alone, so they are bringing their parents with them.

According to the new survey from Resume Templates, 26% of Gen Z respondents said they involve their parents in their interviewing process, and 31% of those said they bring them with them to their in-person interviews. Another 29% said they listen in and join them for their virtual interviews as well.

But while some might think that the interviewees keep their parents in the car, 37% of those accompanied by their mom or dad said they come into the office with them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careers/26-of-gen-z-job-applicants-are-bringing-their-parents-to-interviews/ar-BB1nUFIQ

We are doomed.........:rolleyes:

Edited by Saru
Added source link
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

🤣 🤣 🤣 

Guess this is why so many older idiots can be found at these protests these days...

Everyone wondering "where were there parents growing up?"...

The answer...they held hands walking to the campuses!

Most educated generation though,if one believes talking heads.

• Like 4

Wow. Can you imagine their work ethic?

• Like 4

It's pretty bad when you have to take mommy and daddy to your job interview. I find it hard to believe any company would even accept this. $200,000 for a college education? People are out of their minds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm kind of shocked if that figure is true. The interviewers must be allowing it too. The interviewer must wonder if these applicants are good at independent thinking.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Most educated  indoctrinated generation though,if one believes talking heads.

Fixed :D

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Is there a link?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Recent trend I've noticed around where I live here in Victoria , BC CANADA is the Generation Alpha parents doing their paper routes with their kids.  

• Like 4

Some of these young people are best compared to indoor cats aren't they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Some of these young people are best compared to indoor cats aren't they?

Probably best if they are spayed or neutered. :ph34r:

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Recent trend I've noticed around where I live here in Victoria , BC CANADA is the Generation Alpha parents doing their paper routes with their kids.  

Well in defense of the parents it's probably not a bad idea with all the predators roaming the streets these days.:angry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This may just be a safety measure for Gen Z'ers not to get beaten up on their way to the interview...

Have you seen some of these just starting to hit working age folks at some of these protests?

Less muscle definition than a canned ham 😆

• Haha 7

33 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Well in defense of the parents it's probably not a bad idea with all the predators roaming the streets these days.:angry:

"with all the predators roaming the streets these days" 

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Are you suggesting today is worse than in the past?  Are there statistics which would support this? 

• Like 2

That should tell the employer a lot when an applicant brings their parents to a job interview. :td:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, acidhead said:

"with all the predators roaming the streets these days" 

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Are you suggesting today is worse than in the past?  Are there statistics which would support this? 

Just ask '92 Joe Biden about it 😆

• Haha 3

If they came to our place looking for a job I would tell them nice to meet you...goodbye. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Just ask '92 Joe Biden about it 😆

'92 Joe Biden 

No idea what you mean here with the '92

Help me with the numbers here,  According to the new survey from Resume Templates, 26% of Gen Z respondents said they involve their parents in their interviewing process.  That could be a little as asking for advice or opinions.  That would amount to about 1 in 4, one quarter.

31% of those said they bring them with them to their in-person interviews.   31% of those bring their parents with them.  That works out to about one third of one quarter, about 1 in 12.

But while some might think that the interviewees keep their parents in the car, 37% of those accompanied by their mom or dad said they come into the office with them.

That would be about one third of one twelfth, about 3%.  3 out of 100.  And that could be as little sitting in the lobby 

Do we disagree on the math?  When I was doing fractions in grade school, one third of one third of one quarter was not a very big number.  Is that 3% going to doom us?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Help me with the numbers here,  According to the new survey from Resume Templates, 26% of Gen Z respondents said they involve their parents in their interviewing process.  That could be a little as asking for advice or opinions.  That would amount to about 1 in 4, one quarter.

31% of those said they bring them with them to their in-person interviews.   31% of those bring their parents with them.  That works out to about one third of one quarter, about 1 in 12.

That would be about one third of one twelfth, about 3%.  3 out of 100.  And that could be as little sitting in the lobby 

Do we disagree on the math?  When I was doing fractions in grade school, one third of one third of one quarter was not a very big number.  Is that 3% going to doom us?

If they are given the jobs... possibly 😆 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, acidhead said:

'92 Joe Biden 

You don't remember Crime Dog Joe.

26 minutes ago, acidhead said:

'92 Joe Biden 

Actually 1993.  Biden warning us of Super Predators.  Translation: Scary Black People.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

You don't remember Crime Dog Joe.

'92 Crime Dog Joe 

No,  in '92 I was 20 yrs old. I paid zero attention to politics. 

15 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Help me with the numbers here,  

I agree with your math. 3% is a low number. 

The numbers were higher for virtual interviews. "As for virtual interviews, 71% said their parent was near them but off-screen, while 29% said they were visible while the camera was on." 

The way I see it is the kids today, as always is the case, are a product of the adults/parents today. We've had fairly easy times compared to past generations before us. Ultimately, it's not the younger adults who are soft, per say, it's the generations before them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, acidhead said:

'92 Crime Dog Joe 

No,  in '92 I was 20 yrs old. I paid zero attention to politics. 

Well I was only 8,but I know what kind of scum he is since way back then...

Now that you are no longer 20, study up...get to really know Joe 😉