Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brooklyn Museum director, Jewish board members’ homes vandalized with antisemitic graffiti

OverSword

The Brooklyn Museum’s director and a number of its Jewish board members were targeted overnight by antisemitic vandals who tossed red paint and scrawled “blood on your hands” across their homes, shocking images show.

Director Anne Pasternak’s coop apartment building in Brooklyn Heights was among those targeted by the vile mob when they strung up a sign that screamed, “Anne Pasternak Brooklyn Museum White Supremacist Zionist.”

An inverted red triangle was also sprayed on her door — a symbol used in the past by Hamas to identify Israeli military targets and, more recently, has been spotted at anti-Israel tent encampment protests that plagued university campuses across the country.

Link

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I wonder how long it will be before we see bloodshed or even pogroms in the US?  The media is stoking this hatred, even normalizing it.  Sadly, I see no safe way to limit media's danger to our nation but I wish a balancing force could be brought to bear when they are pushing obvious propaganda and fomenting hate.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, and-then said:

I wonder how long it will be before we see bloodshed or even pogroms in the US?  The media is stoking this hatred, even normalizing it.  Sadly, I see no safe way to limit media's danger to our nation but I wish a balancing force could be brought to bear when they are pushing obvious propaganda and fomenting hate.

Well god dam AT,they are citing them and sternly telling them to go away for 14 days...what more can be done!

I have a few ideas,but things rarely happen like this down South...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Many of these anti-Israel protesters crossed the line a long time ago. The fact that Jews are being threatened, intimidated and attacked not just on university campuses but on streets and at their homes is alarming. The protesters have got away with it for so long, they've become emboldened.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Many of these anti-Israel protesters crossed the line a long time ago. The fact that Jews are being threatened, intimidated and attacked not just on university campuses but on streets and at their homes is alarming. The protesters have got away with it for so long, they've become emboldened.

Yeah Charlottesville and Jan 6 wasn't tolerated as much...

Cities in the NE and out west are starting to resemble 1930's Germany...

Not many Trumpers in those regions,so it must be somebody else,and somebody else allowing it to continue.

• Like 3

I really hate this kind of stuff.

I am a diminutive thing, but it makes me wanna go all Walter Sobchak in Lebowski. 

• Like 5

It is wrong to conflate "Jews" and "Israel". 

It looks to me like Israel's actions gave incidental racists an opening to go vile on innocent people

• Haha 1

We have politician whose entire platform I saying blame others for your failures of course this will happen.

Protesters in New York City call for 'Zionists' to leave subway train. Video also touches on the incidents being discussed here, as well as the protests that took place outside the Nova massacre exhibit where protesters waved terror flags and called for intifada.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

We have politician whose entire platform I saying blame others for your failures of course this will happen.

So you are blaming this on trump then?  Dude you crack me the hell up but you need to get help.  Prozac perhaps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I have a few ideas,but things rarely happen like this down South...

Yes, indeed.  I mention that fact occasionally but I don't think most appreciate how CIVIL our culture tends to be, unless we are pushed hard.  Most of the time it's too damned hot to be getting up to that kind of mindless stupidity and when the urge comes, it's easy enough to remember that picking fights can end badly.

Edited by and-then
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

So you are blaming this on trump then?  Dude you crack me the hell up but you need to get help.  Prozac perhaps.

It must be hell to live a solidly Red state when your outlook is a deep Blue ;) 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Protesters in New York City call for 'Zionists' to leave subway train

Imagine being a Jewish parent of young children there.  If I was in that situation and this kind of hate that is being fomented led to my child being harmed, I'd find one of those I believed responsible not just for the actual physical harm done but for instigating it as well.  Until these people pay a price it's only going to get worse.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, and-then said:

It must be hell to live a solidly Red state when your outlook is a deep Blue ;) 

It's not a huge treat living in a blue state when you are a hedgehog.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It's not a huge treat living in a blue state when you are a hedgehog.

I traveled out there twice.  Once stop briefly in Seattle to catch a bus up to Vancouver for an Alaska cruise.  Went to Portland for a week in the late 90s and love the weather in both places.  Summer is a totally different season down south ;)  That said, I could not imagine living in either urban area with my political views.  I'd likely have to keep my mouth shut nearly all the time.  I'm not naturally laconic :lol: so I think I'd quickly be spotted for what I am and invitations would be few and far between ;) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, and-then said:

Yes, indeed.  I mention that fact occasionally but I don't think most appreciate how CIVIL our culture tends to be, unless we are pushed hard.  Most of the time it's too damned hot to be getting up to that kind of mindless stupidity and when the urge comes, it's easy enough to remember that picking fights can end badly.

The heat's coming early this year,starts heating up real good starting tomorrow...

Need a ticket to the North Pole 😆

4 minutes ago, and-then said:

I traveled out there twice.  Once stop briefly in Seattle to catch a bus up to Vancouver for an Alaska cruise.  Went to Portland for a week in the late 90s and love the weather in both places.  Summer is a totally different season down south ;)  That said, I could not imagine living in either urban area with my political views.  I'd likely have to keep my mouth shut nearly all the time.  I'm not naturally laconic :lol: so I think I'd quickly be spotted for what I am and invitations would be few and far between ;) 

AT in LA...we could make a modern day Beverly Hillbillies outta that 😆 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

The heat's coming early this year,starts heating up real good starting tomorrow..

In the middle of June? Pffft...that's not early. It hasn't even reached 90 degrees here yet.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

In the middle of June? Pffft...that's not early. It hasn't even reached 90 degrees here yet.

Heat dome is building over the SE currently,it's already been in the 90's since late May here.

Eta

And yes,mid June is "early" to start prepping for possible 100+ degrees this weekend.

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Michelle said:

9 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Heat dome is building over the SE currently,it's already been in the 90's since late May here.

Eta

And yes,mid June is "early" to start prepping for possible 100+ degrees this weekend.

Miserable.  I'm great right about 75 with low humidity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Miserable.  I'm great right about 75 with low humidity.

I prefer around 55° with low humidity,but barely saw much of that this past winter...I always love it when it hits around late October and the first cool rain comes in, haven't had that the past 2 years at all.

Gotten to the point I hate summer minus a beach.

• Like 1

I'm at 85 and humid right now and tomorrow will be in the 90's. We've already had 2 days up there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

I'm at 85 and humid right now and tomorrow will be in the 90's. We've already had 2 days up there.

The dome will actually be covering from Texas,Midwest,all the way up the east Coast...

A lot of records may fall over the next 7-10 days.

Sorry OS for derailing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2024 at 8:07 AM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Protesters in New York City call for 'Zionists' to leave subway train. Video also touches on the incidents being discussed here, as well as the protests that took place outside the Nova massacre exhibit where protesters waved terror flags and called for intifada.

UPDATE: The man in the video above urging Zionists to get off the train now faces criminal charges.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/us-man-faces-criminal-charges-for-allegedly-urging-zionists-to-get-off-nyc-subway-train/