Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

QM EP4: Alien statue or optical illusion? The story of the Face on Mars

Episode 4 of our brand new YouTube series 'Quite Mysterious' is now available to watch!

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/videos/377832/alien-statue-or-optical-illusion-the-story-of-the-face-on-mars

You can also visit the channel directly here:

https://www.youtube.com/@QuiteMysterious

Don't forget to like and subscribe!

Also, Episode 5 is now live for our Patreon subscribers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

• The title was changed to QM EP4: Alien statue or optical illusion? The story of the Face on Mars

Nice video and really appreciate the 4k.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Even I think that cover photo is pareidolia. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Iirc it was really huge then not long after that pic that looked like Kermit the frog popped up,

A while back there was a cat on here found pareidolia in everything on Mars and insisted it was all unnatural as in created by beings, it got really wild.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

The one thing I thought fasinating was buzz Aldrin,in an interview said mars has a giant monolith that looked artificial and had to be made by "god".please look up the interview.

• Like 3

There were however numerous things the rover had captured and  are not optical illusions. I personally captured in one of the sol photos what appeared to be a large detached piece of plastic that looked exactly like the end of a vacuum cleaner. I tried to find the photo and if I do ill post it here. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

There were however numerous things the rover had captured and  are not optical illusions. I personally captured in one of the sol photos what appeared to be a large detached piece of plastic that looked exactly like the end of a vacuum cleaner. I tried to find the photo and if I do ill post it here. 

Yeah, the variety of crafts sent to settle on Mars had many pieces that were expected to break-off or purposefully separate during descent. Some unexpectedly too.

Parachutes, descent assist platforms, heat shields, bits and pieces of wire and cabling and covers from landings or crashes. Probably a fair amount (relatively speaking) of junk pieces strewn about.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, superman73 said:

The one thing I thought fasinating was buzz Aldrin,in an interview said mars has a giant monolith that looked artificial and had to be made by "god".please look up the interview.

I believe he was talking about Phobos.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I believe he was talking about Phobos.

No,he specifically said Monolith on mars not the moon.He said it was much,,much taller than any structure on Earth.

1 hour ago, superman73 said:

No,he specifically said Monolith on mars not the moon.He said it was much,,much taller than any structure on Earth.

He may have, but I distinctly remember him talking about a monolith on Phobos.

"Former astronaut Buzz Aldrin spoke about the future of space exploration and said the public would be interested in a monolith on Phobos, one of the two small moons that revolve around Mars. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIXvpjnRws

"Buzz Aldrin once revealed a mysterious monolith on one of Mars’ moons – what is it?"

https://www.**************/news/weird-news/buzz-aldrin-once-revealed-mysterious-27526659

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 9:45 AM, superman73 said:

I did.  Eg here:

Maybe you should do that next time.  Buzz didn't allocate it to God, he simply said it was put there by ... the Universe!  Just like monoliths on Earth.  We have plenty, from volcanic rock, here on Earth.  There are likely many more than one on Mars, and there's another on Phobos, but those are more likely to be shards of a meteorite impact or crater debris.  It was implied it was 'artificial' by Buzz's hype - that's what he's like and the producers of the "OmiGodAlienz" show pushed it, as they do.  BTW, it's only 30-50m if I recall.  That's not giant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

I always liked this photo:

299a6e46ec0043bda2347ebd51e71f1f(1).gif.f937938c2145ada0e8831b2f05c5b9c9.gif

But the original photo is less impressive:

E1000462.gif

And scroll down to the bottom.

Edited to add:

But this is not the original photo.

The photo I once found on the JPL site did indeed look like some square structure.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2