Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where do UFOs come from?

WorldMysteries

Posted (edited)

UFOs, or Unidentified Flying Objects, have intrigued people for decades. While the recent Pentagon report on UFOs didn't definitively link them to extraterrestrial phenomena, it did acknowledge their existence. Here's a breakdown:

1. Origins and Sightings:                                    

- The term "UFO" gained prominence during the 1950s, initially in technical literature and later in popular culture.

- The first well-known UFO sighting occurred in 1947 when pilot Kenneth Arnold reported seeing nine high-speed objects near Mount Rainier in Washington state.

2. Cold War Era:

- During the Cold War, UFOs captured significant interest due to heightened national security concerns.

- The infamous Roswell incident in the United States involved the wreckage of an unidentified craft and rumors of "child-like corpses," sparking mass hysteria.

- Some speculated that the USSR was behind it, attempting to overwhelm US air defense systems by creating unrest among the public.

3. Pentagon Report:

- The recent Pentagon report reviewed 144 sightings of mysterious aircraft or devices with unusual flight characteristics.

- While it didn't confirm extraterrestrial origins, it highlighted the national security threat posed by these phenomena.

- The big question remains: Where do UFOs truly come from? We're still searching for answers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unidentified_flying_object

https://www.history.com/topics/paranormal/history-of-ufos

https://www.theweek.in/news/sci-tech/2021/06/26/does-extraterrestrial-intelligence-exist-pentagon-landmark-ufo-report-explained.html

Edited by WorldMysteries
  • Confused 2

... Or... We could be living in a simulation and UFOs are glitches in the matrix.

Or they could be timetravelers... humans from the future.

Seriously though.

UFO is a collective name name for everything flying through the air that the observer cant identify.. there is nothing else attached to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My take on it.

As papa says interdimensional 

Aliens came here thousands of years ago messed with our dna and live deep underground or in the deep sea.

Billionaire groups above governments,developing technology way in advance of modern technology and keeping it secret from government and public.

Or it's all bs.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Let me suggest the possibility that they are interdimensional and travel through dimensions skirting the long three-dimensional paths we think in. They can become invisible to us when they are in dimensions we do not directly detect.

I move through dimensions every day.  In fact everyone does. 

What do you think a dimension is?

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WorldMysteries said:

Where do UFOs truly come from?

CGI & people telling stories or from where ever you want 😉 enjoy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

Or it's all bs.

Yes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I move through dimensions every day.  In fact everyone does. 

What do you think a dimension is?

I ask my AI chat to explain it:

Extra dimensions are proposed additional space or time dimensions beyond the (3 + 1) typical of observed spacetime1. They are not parallel universes, but rather extensions of the physical reality we perceive

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Extra dimensions are proposed additional space or time dimensions beyond the (3 + 1) typical of observed spacetime1. They are not parallel universes, but rather extensions of the physical reality we perceive

infinity/ you're born/ you become unborn/ infinity & that's it! There's nothing else IMO

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

If that's what you mean, then you cannot move between these extensions of physical reality.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

If that's what you mean, then you cannot move between these extensions of physical reality.

Sure you can, take a wormhole.

But seriously, I can't explain all this if anyone can. And maybe my wording wasn't correct. I looked up Interdimensional Travel on the internet and got:

Interdimensional travel extends beyond our familiar three spatial and one temporal dimensions, exploring realms suggested by string theory, quantum mechanics, and the theory of relativity.

I think aliens must be doing some such things using technology beyond our understanding. Point is the alien evidence suggests some kind of exotic traveling physics must be in use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Let me suggest the possibility that they are interdimensional...

For some accounts that could be a distinct possibility.

Dimensions beyond the normal 3+1 has been put forth and in some cases even favored by some esteemed mathematicians, physicists and other's throughout the years, with much of their work having nothing to do with UFO's or ghosts.

That part is nothing new or even surprising to some.

In fact, the lack of direct, common interaction (or other empirical evidence) with higher dimensions is also no surprise since we exist towards the "bottom" anyway and might be, suggestively, unable to even observe without technological assistance of some sort.

Unless we're also some type of multi-dimensional entity which simultaneously internaly possess more than 3+1.

For that matter, perhaps everything is natively multi-dimensional by some universal physics default. The way the quantum world keeps amazing me, I could see that.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Of course, be diligently cautious about AI "answers" as they can be downright incorrect or delusional, but that particular AI response seems generally accurate for a simple, basic gist, but it's not really saying anything other than higher dimensions above 3+1 are proposed, not proven, and also that they should not be confused with the theoretical idea's of parallel universe's.

Still, I have zero problem with higher dimensions, and in fact my world-view of Reality demands them.

Whether life (or anything) exists within them, travels through them, or somehow interact with us must remain speculation at this point for me, but I personally have no doubt there is much more to Reality than we might imagine, so truly nothing would really surprise me.

47 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

...some kind of exotic traveling physics must be in use.

That would be true.

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

I know you're not asking me, but consider that "quantum tunnelling", a well known and utilized phenomenon, is also odd but quite real and now understood. You already know that.

Now I know that's apples and oranges, but just saying that strange things do happen, and if the functional limitation of dimension-crossing has something to do with "energy barrier penetration", then there is at least that example to maybe start with if such a pursuit excites someone.

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Sure you can, take a wormhole.

But seriously, I can't explain all this if anyone can. And maybe my wording wasn't correct. I looked up Interdimensional Travel on the internet and got:

Interdimensional travel extends beyond our familiar three spatial and one temporal dimensions, exploring realms suggested by string theory, quantum mechanics, and the theory of relativity.

I think aliens must be doing some such things using technology beyond our understanding. Point is the alien evidence suggests some kind of exotic traveling physics must be in use.

I already said based on your definition interdimensional travel is impossible.  The biological changes would be catastrophic. 

Considet you eye is sperichal and your retina is a plane.  Travelling tona hyperdimension would mean your retina is spherical and your eye would be a hypersphere.  Similar things would happen to your stomach.  The effects on your nervous again would also be catastrophic.

Your word salad is an impossibility.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Let me suggest the possibility that they are interdimensional and travel through dimensions skirting the long three-dimensional paths we think in. They can become invisible to us when they are in dimensions we do not directly detect.

With you on this one.  Invisible or visible as something we can't make sense of.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pallidin said:

Unless we're also some type of multi-dimensional entity which simultaneously internaly possess more than 3+1.

Good to have some open-minded speculative thinking in this thread. And I'm thinking, Yes, to your thoughts quoted above.

Traditions I respect tell us we beyond a physical body also have an interpenetrating astral/soul body that extends in dimensions we cannot see with our physical senses and instruments. Using astral sensing people can clairvoyantly sense things our physical senses cannot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I already said based on your definition interdimensional travel is impossible.  The biological changes would be catastrophic. 

Considet you eye is sperichal and your retina is a plane.  Travelling tona hyperdimension would mean your retina is spherical and your eye would be a hypersphere.  Similar things would happen to your stomach.  The effects on your nervous again would also be catastrophic.

Your word salad is an impossibility.

I was getting at technology we don't understand so I wouldn't limit what issues could be overcome. 

Key point is I believe it is happening but with technology and physics we don't understand. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Good to have some open-minded speculative thinking in this thread. And I'm thinking, Yes, to your thoughts quoted above.

Traditions I respect tell us we beyond a physical body also have an interpenetrating astral/soul body that extends in dimensions we cannot see with our physical senses and instruments. Using astral sensing people can clairvoyantly sense things our physical senses cannot.

Interesting you should mention astral projection because I find that to be a topic of considerable potential, and directly presupposes, in part, the multi-dimensionality of the human experience to account for the widespread reports of that phenom from all corners and ideologies of our world.

Doesn't prove it, of course, but certainly lends itself to serious considerations given what we are increasingly discovering about hard-core Reality.

But I think you are right that some, not all, UFO encounters may be interdimensional in origin. I could see that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

Interesting you should mention astral projection because I find that to be a topic of considerable potential, and directly presupposes, in part, the multi-dimensionality of the human experience to account for the widespread reports of that phenom from all corners and ideologies of our world.

Doesn't prove it, of course, but certainly lends itself to serious considerations given what we are increasingly discovering about hard-core Reality.

But I think you are right that some, not all, UFO encounters may be interdimensional in origin. I could see that.

Right, and I think a separating Astral Body has great explanatory potential for understanding current very important mysteries like NDEs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I was getting at technology we don't understand so I wouldn't limit what issues could be overcome. 

Key point is I believe it is happening but with technology and physics we don't understand. 

Those are extremely well-said statements. I like it! Great job!

Of course, there's the flip-side where everyone here (certainly including myself) have made outrageous comments, but I look at the total picture. We all make mistakes.

But yours right now are no mistake, IMHO.

Now, I need to check on some other things here at home for awhile, so carry-on!

Good job.

• Thanks 1