Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unconstitutional? Seattle police, facing manpower shortage, to hire illegal immigrants with DACA sta

WVK

SEATTLE, WA - Seattle is joining the growing list of left wing cities that have decided to turn to illegal aliens to fill the ever-increasing void in the ranks of their police department, following cities such as Los Angeles. This is due to severe understaffing that has gutted many large city departments in primarily blue cities. 

In April, KTTH’s Jason Rantz reported that staffing on the Seattle PD is at levels not seen in 67 years. As of December 31, 2023, the department had only 424 police officers working, the last date for which data was available. That number was confirmed to Rantz by the Seattle PD in an email. 
https://lawenforcementtoday.com/seattle-police-facing-manpower-shortage-to-hire-illegal-aliens-who-have-daca-status-as-police-officers

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Not to say there aren't excellent candidates in the illegal immigrants who have gone to the US, but, the chances for corruption is quite concerning IMO

• Like 6

This is a MAGA political website masquerading as a LE one. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For those who don't know what DACA is....

"Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is an exercise of prosecutorial discretion, providing temporary relief from deportation (deferred action) and work authorization to certain young undocumented immigrants. DACA was created on June 15, 2012, by then-Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano. Unlike federal legislation, DACA does not provide permanent legal status to individuals and must be renewed every two years. This fact sheet provides an overview of DACA and prior attempts to dismantle the initiative, as well as its current status."

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/deferred-action-childhood-arrivals-daca-overview

• Like 5

I didn't catch the part where any of this might be "unconstitutional."

Maybe the answer to the title question is simply "no."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does this mean the next time a leftie starts shouting ACAB they’ll be called racist?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

Not to say there aren't excellent candidates in the illegal immigrants who have gone to the US, but, the chances for corruption is quite concerning IMO

It could be no worse than the entrenched spoils system used in hiring with many forces now. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WVK said:

SEATTLE, WA - Seattle is joining the growing list of left wing cities that have decided to turn to illegal aliens to fill the ever-increasing void in the ranks of their police department, following cities such as Los Angeles. This is due to severe understaffing that has gutted many large city departments in primarily blue cities. 

In April, KTTH’s Jason Rantz reported that staffing on the Seattle PD is at levels not seen in 67 years. As of December 31, 2023, the department had only 424 police officers working, the last date for which data was available. That number was confirmed to Rantz by the Seattle PD in an email. 
https://lawenforcementtoday.com/seattle-police-facing-manpower-shortage-to-hire-illegal-aliens-who-have-daca-status-as-police-officers

So... people who arrived here as small children, and who speak English perfectly (having gone to school in the US) and also speak a second language are being recruited into the police?

Y'know, I see this as a good thing.  They were raised American but they have roots and language skills to help sort out situations with people whose first language isn't English (and who likely are here on green cards or are legal residents.)  

That could break some of the poisonous culture of law enforcement (I watched it in action when the first Black police officer was hired by my city... and the first woman firefighter.)  That's another good thing, because the "good old boy" culture really heavily favored white men to the detriment of everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Piney said:

It could be no worse than the entrenched spoils system used in hiring with many forces now. 

I think it could, depending on how the citizens react to being taken down by non-citizens.  IMO, it's simply a continuation of the drive to normalize non-citizens into the mainstream so that when people become used to it, the Left can simply give them the vote next.  If allowing people who come across the border illegally, child or not, to begin having the same rights at the polls as citizens, America as a free nation is done.  It's damned near to that point now.  Well, I'm not everly concerned with it because this kind of nonsense won't play down here.  It would be resisted phsically, if necessary.  We get closer to that point every month.

Edited by and-then
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, and-then said:

I think it could, depending on how the citizens react to being taken down by non-citizens.  IMO, it's simply a continuation of the drive to normalize non-citizens into the mainstream so that when people become used to it, the Left can simply give them the vote next.  If allowing people who come across the border illegally, child or not, to begin having the same rights at the polls as citizens, America as a free nation is done.  It's damned near to that point now.  Well, I'm not everly concerned with it because this kind of nonsense won't play down here.  It would be resisted phsically, if necessary.  We get closer to that point every month.

We provided welfare to undocumented immigrants. It was called Jamestown and Plymouth Colony.

268e0df646046338449c682e3c7008c1.jpg.4d005ae24f48a49e47e65a6ac751d91a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Piney said:

This is a MAGA political website masquerading as a LE one. 

Maybe but Jason Rantz is a conservative local pundit who is a very reliable source of information.

20 hours ago, glorybebe said:

These illegals are actually so called "dreamers" who have grown up here and in my opinion if they don't have a felony record should be given citizenship so I have no moral problem with Seattle hiring anyone from this class of illegal alien.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, and-then said:

It's damned near to that point now.  Well, I'm not everly concerned with it because this kind of nonsense won't play down here.  It would be resisted phsically, if necessary.  We get closer to that point every month.

Thanks, very cool.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, eight bits said:

I didn't catch the part where any of this might be "unconstitutional."

Maybe the answer to the title question is simply "no."

It's illegal to hire an illegal alien for any job.  No green card no work.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Maybe but Jason Rantz is a conservative local pundit who is a very reliable source of information.

Maybe so, but Law Enforcement Today has failed many fact checks and it's ownership is anonymous. 

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

These illegals are actually so called "dreamers" who have grown up here and in my opinion if they don't have a felony record should be given citizenship so I have no moral problem with Seattle hiring anyone from this class of illegal alien.

Exactly...

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

Not quite. DACA's can work legally (see @Eldorado's post above). An issue for law enforcement employment would have been firearms (an administrative and statutory issue, not "constitutional"). That's been settled administratively.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, OverSword said:

It says that in the constitution?  Where? 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2024 at 6:55 PM, Kenemet said:

because the "good old boy" culture really heavily favored white men to the detriment of everyone else.

Exactly correct, maga is basically the lazy low ender good old boys now and a huge part of tRumps whole platform was trying to appeal to GOBs that the reason they are failures is these people who aren't white.
Vote for me and we can blame them and get them out of our country.
This is reflected in replies and emojis as to who the maga even closet maga here are.

On 6/16/2024 at 10:22 PM, and-then said:

Well, I'm not everly concerned with it because this kind of nonsense won't play down here.  It would be resisted phsically, if necessary.  We get closer to that point every month.

And you include yourself, very impressive,
I thought you reeled back on your bullying threats of doom and gloom what the maga will or won't tolerate and no, half the country isn't maga not by a long shot.
As I recall you predicted this 2020 and after tRumps sore loser man child tantrum instagated a failed insurrection ( failures are is go to ) maga pounded sand and you bailed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2024 at 9:22 PM, and-then said:

I think it could, depending on how the citizens react to being taken down by non-citizens.  

So... are you saying that every cop will now have to present evidence of citizenship for any law enforcement action they take?  And the only illegals are Hispanic (not Chinese, or even Icelandic (the one multiple illegal offender I personally know is from iceland.  And yes, he got thrown in jail for it and deported.))

I can just see that... "YOU!  IN THE HOUSE!  THROW DOWN YOUR GUNS AND SURRENDER PEACEFULLY!  AND HERE'S MY CITIZENSHIP PAPERS TO SHOW THAT I AM A LEGAL CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES"

Don't think that's going to sit well with law enforcement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, OverSword said:

If that was true then Nunes' family dairy farm would have faced charges: Nunes family farm employed undocumented immigrants: Judge (lawandcrime.com)

As would Trump for the illegal aliens working at their hunting lodge, constructing his buildings, and as his housekeeper: President Trump Hired Undocumented Immigrants for $4 An Hour for Demolition Project: Court Docs - Newsweek

Report: Trump Happily Employing Undocumented Workers While ICE Rounds Them Up | Vanity Fair

Heck, some states go out of their way to make it not illegal to hire illegal aliens:In Texas, lawmakers don't mess with employers of undocumented workers | The Texas Tribune

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Agent0range said:

It says that in the constitution?  Where? 

Did I say anything about the constitution?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

If that was true then Nunes' family dairy farm would have faced charges: Nunes family farm employed undocumented immigrants: Judge (lawandcrime.com)

As would Trump for the illegal aliens working at their hunting lodge, constructing his buildings, and as his housekeeper: President Trump Hired Undocumented Immigrants for $4 An Hour for Demolition Project: Court Docs - Newsweek

Report: Trump Happily Employing Undocumented Workers While ICE Rounds Them Up | Vanity Fair

Heck, some states go out of their way to make it not illegal to hire illegal aliens:In Texas, lawmakers don't mess with employers of undocumented workers | The Texas Tribune

In 1986, the Immigration Reform and Control Act established “employer sanctions”, making it unlawful for employers to knowingly hire and employ illegal aliens. Congress incorporated civil penalties, generally in the form of fines, and a misdemeanor criminal offense for engaging in a “pattern or practice” of violations.

https://cis.org/Report/Hiring-Illegals-Crime

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I'm guessing that this fits into the category of "lying on bank loans" and "falsifying business records".  Where it is a crime, but everyone does it, so it must be okay.

Better not ever prosecute, otherwise it would be "singling out".

We really need to crack down on all of this, we are just normalizing corruption in our society.  Half the population doesn't even recognize these as crimes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I'm guessing that this fits into the category of "lying on bank loans" and "falsifying business records".  Where it is a crime, but everyone does it, so it must be okay.

Better not ever prosecute, otherwise it would be "singling out".

We really need to crack down on all of this, we are just normalizing corruption in our society.  Half the population doesn't even recognize these as crimes.

Like I said, it's illegal.

44 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Like I said, it's illegal.

It is not illegal to hire someone with DACA status.

50 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

It is not illegal to hire someone with DACA status.

I'm talking about people not here legally.  DACA recipients are considered resident aliens so legal.