Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump threatens to cut US aid to Ukraine quickly if reelected

pellinore

Posted (edited)

Former U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday blasted the scale of U.S. support for Ukraine and said that if he is reelected in November he would immediately "have that settled."

At a campaign rally in Detroit, Trump criticized Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, calling him “the greatest salesman of all time” for Kyiv’s push to secure U.S. support in its effort to defend Ukraine against Russian aggression more than three years after Moscow's all-out invasion.

“He just left four days ago with $60 billion, and he gets home, and he announces that he needs another $60 billion. It never ends,” Trump said.

“I will have that settled prior to taking the White House as president-elect,” said Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee in the U.S. election.

Trump threatens to cut US aid to Ukraine quickly if reelected – POLITICO

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, pellinore said:

At a campaign rally in Detroit, Trump criticized Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, calling him “the greatest salesman of all time” for Kyiv’s push to secure U.S. support in its effort to defend Ukraine against Russian aggression more than three years after Moscow's all-out invasion.

Russia invaded 24 February 2022. That's not three years ago.

Color me arithmetic Nazi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, pellinore said:

Former U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday blasted the scale of U.S. support for Ukraine and said that if he is reelected in November he would immediately "have that settled."

“He just left four days ago with $60 billion, and he gets home, and he announces that he needs another $60 billion. It never ends,” Trump said.

I will have that settled prior to taking the White House as president-elect,” said Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee in the U.S. election.

And, it continues.  People in the media take his words and apply their own meaning.  He might have meant he's going to end the aid but it's entirely possible that he had something other than that in mind in his concept fo "settling" it.  But hey, don't let little things like facts get in the way, Politico.  I'll be satisfied if he just appoints a couple of Inspectors General to audit where the money in going.  After two years and around 100 BILLION gone to this cause, we still haven't had an outside audit.  Gee, I wonder why that could be?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Unless I'm missing something. I never see any coverage on the media where Russian and Ukraine forces are battling it out.

Used to see it all the time with the Gulf Wars and stock footage from Vietnam and other wars.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, and-then said:

And, it continues.  People in the media take his words and apply their own meaning.  He might have meant he's going to end the aid but it's entirely possible that he had something other than that in mind in his concept fo "settling" it.  But hey, don't let little things like facts get in the way, Politico.  I'll be satisfied if he just appoints a couple of Inspectors General to audit where the money in going.  After two years and around 100 BILLION gone to this cause, we still haven't had an outside audit.  Gee, I wonder why that could be?

Would you have the same opinion if he had said that about the isreal conflict.?

By the way i stand with by both ukraine and israel.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

Would you have the same opinion if he had said that about the isreal conflict.?

By the way i stand with by both ukraine and israel.

Yes, I would.  Having been regularly accused of saying all sorts of sh!t here that I NEVER said, I'm a bit of a stickler for being accurate about using someone's words.  I don't think people have a right to read what I say, interpret it, then make a statement based on their interpretation when they are leveling a charge about what I'm supposed to have said.  Wouldn't you agree?  Certainly, we all read things and assign meaning to them but where Trump is concerned, the media has written transcripts but still print/publish their interpretations as though he was the one who actually said it.  It's just wrong.

BTW, if he said that about the war in Gaza, I'd be pizzed off.  NO ONE has the right to tell a nation facing an existential foe that they must make peace.  I don't think at this point that abandoning Ukraine would be safe, either.  Putin expected to roll into Kiev in a few days, install a puppet government and consolidate his winnings for a while.  After the horrendous loss of Russian lives and the fact that he has taken their economy to a war-footing and begun mass production of armanents leaves him in a position to eventually roll Ukraine up and then take what he'd see as revenge, on the West.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, and-then said:

Yes, I would.  Having been regularly accused of saying all sorts of sh!t here that I NEVER said, I'm a bit of a stickler for being accurate about using someone's words.  I don't think people have a right to read what I say, interpret it, then make a statement based on their interpretation when they are leveling a charge about what I'm supposed to have said.  Wouldn't you agree?  Certainly, we all read things and assign meaning to them but where Trump is concerned, the media has written transcripts but still print/publish their interpretations as though he was the one who actually said it.  It's just wrong.

I agree.  Say what you mean and mean what you say. 

In the game of global nuclear war, it is important to communicate clearly.  Other countries do not like uncertainty. 

Russia is the current key.  They are enabling Iran and providing some military technology like GPS jamming.  If Russia  can be forced to stop assisting Iran and Syria as a condition of peace, Israel will have fewer enemies to face.  They already have enough, and I do agree they face an existential threat. JIMO, taking the Russian support away from Assad and the Ayatollahs will give the people in those two countries a chance to take their countries back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hawken said:

Unless I'm missing something. I never see any coverage on the media where Russian and Ukraine forces are battling it out.

Used to see it all the time with the Gulf Wars and stock footage from Vietnam and other wars.

Not enough clicks on American media to justify coverage.  European sources have a number of daily updates.

• Like 5

Without Trump that Johnson guy would have never put the Ukraine funding bill up for vote. MAGA was played. Zekensky secured the funds and the military industrial complex got paid. 

20240616_225445.thumb.jpg.ad28c713e0d23a6d0ab0d70819f7a8d5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I know how to end the conflict in Ukraine in one day: Open the border and allow Ukrainian men who don't want to fight and die the choice to leave the country.

Edited by acidhead
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, pellinore said:

“I will have that settled prior to taking the White House as president-elect,” said Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee in the U.S. election.

A grifter convicted felon calls others grifters, okay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Not enough clicks on American media to justify coverage.  European sources have a number of daily updates.

I'm surprised the war isn't big on US media. It's a major war with on-going global implications. (Of course, for us Europeans it is referenced daily somewhere or other as you say).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, and-then said:

BTW, if he said that about the war in Gaza, I'd be pizzed off.  NO ONE has the right to tell a nation facing an existential foe that they must make peace.  I don't think at this point that abandoning Ukraine would be safe, either.  Putin expected to roll into Kiev in a few days, install a puppet government and consolidate his winnings for a while.  After the horrendous loss of Russian lives and the fact that he has taken their economy to a war-footing and begun mass production of armanents leaves him in a position to eventually roll Ukraine up and then take what he'd see as revenge, on the West.

Like I was saying you are master of excuses tRump didn't say that even when ears heard his mouth say it.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, pellinore said:

Of course Trump will cut aid to Ukraine "if elected" (as if elected).  Trump is a traitor who works for Russia.  He has since the 1990s when he cut a deal with the FSB to aid the Russian Mob infiltrate NYC, in return for financing him out of yet another bankruptcy.  It wasn't long after that that Trump was back partying with his close personal friend Jeffrey Epstein.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, pellinore said:

I'm surprised the war isn't big on US media. It's a major war with on-going global implications. (Of course, for us Europeans it is referenced daily somewhere or other as you say).

Trump /  Biden seems top of the list, then Gaza maybe. A distant third might be unusual weather.

I listened to the Zurich speech of the Estonian PM.   It was about freedom and courage.  I wish more Americans could hear it.  We believed in stuff like that when America was great. I can imagine how close the war feels to Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.  They help Ukraine because Russia will eat  them next.  Then Poland and Moldavia if they can.  We are insulated by our oceans, so the war seems very far away.  Most Americans don't even know where those countries are.  

• Like 3

I wonder how much money Zelensky has stashed away during this 'conflict'?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, pellinore said:

The main objective of the US news media is to peddle pharmaceutical products, not inform.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

image.jpeg.d1e9a71b55fc562906c077c8a8cd0b80.jpeg   image.jpeg.d8b6244b7870b0110511e49579e3f879.jpeg  image.jpeg.e9150b5366950f72fb4da19071fd10ab.jpeg 

6 hours ago, pellinore said:

The US media is focused on one man. That doesn't leave time for other events happening in the world. Shame 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, WVK said:

The main objective of the US news media is to peddle pharmaceutical products, not inform.

The US & NZ are the only 2 countries that have tv ads pushing prescription drugs. Play pleasant music while naming all the side effects. :wacko:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Of course Trump will cut aid to Ukraine "if elected" (as if elected).  Trump is a traitor who works for Russia.  He has since the 1990s when he cut a deal with the FSB to aid the Russian Mob infiltrate NYC, in return for financing him out of yet another bankruptcy.  It wasn't long after that that Trump was back partying with his close personal friend Jeffrey Epstein.

Comment of the Month.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Trump has long been suspected of being too cozy with Putin. Although Trump knows not to support the Russian invasion, he can try to have it both ways by making it about money as opposed to principles.

Well, I won't be voting for Trump, but I'm not crazy about the alternative either.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

For Sale,  best offer.    image.thumb.jpeg.be91a0473298ae6248c65f134fb26fd6.jpegu

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lightly said:

For Sale,  best offer.    image.thumb.jpeg.be91a0473298ae6248c65f134fb26fd6.jpegu

HI Lightly

Not sure they go so well with the gold runners

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

So we need to stop giving money to Ukraine because their leadership might be corrupt and the money is unaudited?

But no mention of stop giving money to the country whose leader is currently on trial for corruption/bribery, who was giving money to the very terrorists that attacked them, and is on record of using that aid to kill women and children?  (Is that money audited, btw?)

It does make me wonder if Zelensky had fulfilled Trump's request and had taken steps to fabricate dirt on Biden, would he and Ukraine be treated differently today?

Edited by Gromdor
edit to add
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4