Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My scary experience


Abramelin

Recommended Posts

How do you know you weren’t hearing your brothers breathing when he came to bed?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Guyver said:

How do you know you weren’t hearing your brothers breathing when he came to bed?

Because as I was awake when he came to bed. Always.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Because as I was awake when he came to bed. Always.

What percentage chance of paranormal would you give this then?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

 

What percentage chance of paranormal would you give this then?

ZERO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

ZERO.

I asked for the experiencer’s best judgment.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I asked for the experiencer’s best judgment.

Sorry drop bear this is an open public forum and we can all make replies and not everyone will like all replies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Sorry drop bear this is an open public forum and we can all make replies and not everyone will like all replies.

True, but I was saying the experiencer’s judgment is more important to me.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I was like 7 years old, and shared my bedroom with my youngest brother who was 5 years older than I am, and thus was sent to sleep hours after I got sent to sleep.

I slept in a bunkbed, on top.

I still remember, even after 60 years, that I became terrified ... because I often heard very heavy breathing while I was trying to sleep. I even helt my breath just to be sure it wasn't my own breathing I had heard.

Because I was scared sh!tless, I covered myself with everything that I could pull over my face.

 

I told my parents about my nightly experience, but - you got it - they told me I was just 'imagining things'.

Maybe I did.

But years later I found out the appartment we rented had formerly been occupied by a teacher who had hanged himself in my bedroom.

You believe you heard breathing so it's real to you, doesn't mean it was real.
with my issues and experiences I would believe it falls into sleep issues hypnogogic etc , I've never had visual hallucination but have had lots of auditory ones and always in bed all drifting and of course I would swear I was wide awake but I really wasn't.
In fact the last year or so my sleep issues show me why some folks do have to blame outside forces like demons or aliens.
Did your brother experience it? And if so then one has to wonder did he really or is it bandwagon effect.
People do believe things that can't be proven it does mean it's real or paranormal it simply means it's unknown.

I'm not saying you are doing it but why do some think ghosts are gonna hang out where they died?
Hospitals, hospice, nursing homes etc would be butt to gut with spookies and they aren't. ( No drop bear tall tales are not proof )
However, I do subscribe to the possibility of a stone tape type of natural occurrence, which would explain why some people ( getting past bandwagon ,) claim to see the same spooks in the same places, what these people are seeing isn't ghosts at all but more like watching a loop recording of a past event, like watching a DVD or vhs if you will.
Of course my pay rate isn't high enough to explain how it works but it's science of how the earth works not paranormal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

True, but I was saying the experiencer’s judgment is more important to me.

That I fully agree with unless the experiencer is Jaimie maussan who is a proven conman yet keeps you duped.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

That I fully agree with unless the experiencer is Jaimie maussan who is a proven conman yet keeps you duped.

Are you just trying to win most posts in the week?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Are you just trying to win most posts in the week?

Not really trying to, a few years ago things were slow a week or two and I nailed it several times,
Each post anyone makes here to a degree helps the forum I was gone a year came back a month or so ago and sadly noticed the forum has slowed down a lot, American politics is still very popular even with non Americans ( oh. Like a skeptic in paranormal) but it too isn't as wild as a year ago.

Sorry I drifted, so when is your silly meter going to say hearing breathing is likely paranormal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

 

Sorry I drifted, so when is your silly meter going to say hearing breathing is likely paranormal?

Waiting for more feedback from OP first.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Waiting for more feedback from OP first.

Cool, and I bet you will still lean paranormal.

25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Are you just trying to win most posts in the week?

No worries, keep replying maybe one of us will look cool in the top contribution list.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I was like 7 years old, and shared my bedroom with my youngest brother who was 5 years older than I am, and thus was sent to sleep hours after I got sent to sleep.

I slept in a bunkbed, on top.

I still remember, even after 60 years, that I became terrified ... because I often heard very heavy breathing while I was trying to sleep. I even helt my breath just to be sure it wasn't my own breathing I had heard.

Because I was scared sh!tless, I covered myself with everything that I could pull over my face.

 

I told my parents about my nightly experience, but - you got it - they told me I was just 'imagining things'.

Maybe I did.

But years later I found out the appartment we rented had formerly been occupied by a teacher who had hanged himself in my bedroom.

I do remember being sick in bed as a child and hearing heavy breathing……it was actually my next door neighbour raking pebbles in his yard…..but boy did it sound eerie…..:rolleyes:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's what I'd call a ghost, a replay of the guy trying to breathe while hanging maybe. Either that or some other negative entity attracted by the event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, the13bats said:

You believe you heard breathing so it's real to you, doesn't mean it was real.

No, he heard breathing, therefore it is real.

 

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

People do believe things that can't be proven it does mean it's real or paranormal it simply means it's unknown

OK.:rolleyes:

Edited by openozy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Shadowsfall said:

I do remember being sick in bed as a child and hearing heavy breathing……it was actually my next door neighbour raking pebbles in his yard…..but boy did it sound eerie…..:rolleyes:

It was a real sound but wasn't what you thought people can be wrong we are human, we have to be open minded.
Like raking pebbles there are too many natural proven explanations that have to be ruled out before unproven explanations are considered and calling something unexplained is still better than jumping to paranormal which has zero proven cases.
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

 

What percentage chance of paranormal would you give this then?

You tell me.

I was 7 years old, and I heard heavy breathing in my bedroom when I was alone.

My brother went to sleep hours later, and I know because I was always awake when he entered the bedroom.

So it wasn't my brother's breathing that I had heard.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

You tell me.

Papameter Reading

75% Paranormal     25% Normal

Factors; suicide in room unknown at time to experiencer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

You believe you heard breathing so it's real to you, doesn't mean it was real.
with my issues and experiences I would believe it falls into sleep issues hypnogogic etc , I've never had visual hallucination but have had lots of auditory ones and always in bed all drifting and of course I would swear I was wide awake but I really wasn't.
In fact the last year or so my sleep issues show me why some folks do have to blame outside forces like demons or aliens.
Did your brother experience it? And if so then one has to wonder did he really or is it bandwagon effect.
People do believe things that can't be proven it does mean it's real or paranormal it simply means it's unknown.

I'm not saying you are doing it but why do some think ghosts are gonna hang out where they died?
Hospitals, hospice, nursing homes etc would be butt to gut with spookies and they aren't. ( No drop bear tall tales are not proof )
However, I do subscribe to the possibility of a stone tape type of natural occurrence, which would explain why some people ( getting past bandwagon ,) claim to see the same spooks in the same places, what these people are seeing isn't ghosts at all but more like watching a loop recording of a past event, like watching a DVD or vhs if you will.
Of course my pay rate isn't high enough to explain how it works but it's science of how the earth works not paranormal.

Like you always say: "It's just a story".

I cannot prove anything, and I'm not even interested in doing so.

I'm simply telling you all what I experienced 60 years ago.

But it had nothing to with a hypnogogic state.

My brother often asked me why I was still awake. I never told him what I had experienced some time before he.entered our bedroom.

I only said, "I couldn't sleep".

I was 7 years old. I couldn't come up with a better excuse.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only reason I posted about my experience is because, though being very skeptical, I still have weird stories to tell.

I don't own a 'meter' that tells me how serious I should take my stories, or how 'paranormal' they were.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

The only reason I posted about my experience is because, though being very skeptical, I still have weird stories to tell.

I don't own a 'meter' that tells me how serious I should take my stories, or how 'paranormal' they were.

 

I for one would like to hear about your other weird stories.most people have had things happen that they just can't explain.

Some people jump straight to paranormal,others are adamant there must be a totally rational explanation.

Me ? With my weird experiences if i can't find a rational reason,i file it in my head as weird or unexplained for now.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

I for one would like to hear about your other weird stories.most people have had things happen that they just can't explain.

Some people jump straight to paranormal,others are adamant there must be a totally rational explanation.

Me ? With my weird experiences if i can't find a rational reason,i file it in my head as weird or unexplained for now.

Thats how I am even thought true believers will outright melt down on me and label me some evil demon because I will ask for supporting evidence then press for it when they are adamant that the experience can only be explained by paranormal they refuse to even consider a none paranormal explanation even in the cases where its proven non paranormal and even unexplained isn't acceptable for a certain group, it's paranormal or nothing. That is a very closed minded in a delusional box way of thinking.
Yes. I do say "it's just a story" because that's all it is, we all likely have such tales and maybe it's my OCD but when I read a story then replies I can pretty much tell when the person wants the explanation to be paranormal.

The playing field isn't fair or even as a cynical skeptic i have the advantage because after the countless stories which are presenting paranormal not once has paranormal been proven yet all kinds of down to earth natural explanations have been proven so the more stories we have that do not prove paranormal the less likely it is an explanation.
Just because I am a skeptic doesn't mean I wouldn't be delighted if paranormal was at some point a proven thing.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.