Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain is broken – because Nigel Farage broke it

pellinore

Posted (edited)

Almost exactly eight years on from the Brexit vote, there’s a man in Wales who hasn’t got a good word to say about it. A man who believed we’d now have net zero migration, thriving small businesses, less red tape and more national control. He is, he will tell you, genuinely disappointed.

That man, it might surprise you to know, is Nigel Farage.

Yup, Nigel is back – telling the crowd at his manifesto launch, in the Welsh valleys of Merthyr Tydfil, that he shares their grievance with what has happened. Of course he does.

He’s always there to share your grievance. Even if he’s caused it in the first place. Nigel Farage emoting about the pain that Brexit has caused this country would be hilarious – if it wasn’t so deeply, deeply insulting. The snake oil peddler of Brexit now hates Brexit.

Britain is broken – because Nigel Farage broke it (archive.ph)

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pellinore said:

Almost exactly eight years on from the Brexit vote, there’s a man in Wales who hasn’t got a good word to say about it. A man who believed we’d now have net zero migration, thriving small businesses, less red tape and more national control. He is, he will tell you, genuinely disappointed.

Yup, Nigel is back – telling the crowd at his manifesto launch, in the Welsh valleys of Merthyr Tydfil, that he shares their grievance with what has happened. Of course he does.

He’s always there to share your grievance. Even if he’s caused it in the first place. Nigel Farage emoting about the pain that Brexit has caused this country would be hilarious – if it wasn’t so deeply, deeply insulting. The snake oil peddler of Brexit now hates Brexit.

Britain is broken – because Nigel Farage broke it (archive.ph)

Meanwhile: "UK has been bottom of the G7 league for investment in 24 out of last 30 years" - and for most of those 30 years we were in the EU, but according to you, "it's what happens if a country is mad enough to erect an economic wall around itself." 🤔

https://www.ippr.org/media-office/revealed-investment-in-uk-is-lowest-in-g7-for-third-year-in-a-row-new-data-shows

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Opinion - By Emily Maitlis. ....nuf said.

Meanwhile :-

"Starmer’s contempt for party democracy, or his ability to say one thing and then do the opposite, may have surprised some Labour members. But it won’t have surprised many Brexiteers. Indeed, Starmer’s betrayal of the Corbynites pales in comparison with his betrayal of 2016 Brexit voters, and his campaign to overturn the largest democratic mandate in British history.

Starmer’s disastrous second-referendum policy in large part cost Labour the 2019 election, when combined with Corbyn’s by-then-toxic personal brand. But there were no mea culpas from Starmer himself. Instead, he simply changed position on Brexit. Again. By November 2022, he was posing as a born-again Brexiteer, announcing that ‘Brexit is safe in my hands’, as he tried to woo Leave voters in Labour’s former heartlands.

It’s quite a journey – from promising to honour Brexit to betraying Brexit and back again. It would be laughable if Starmer hadn’t come terrifyingly close to stopping Brexit and shattering voters’ trust in democracy for a generation."

https://www.spiked-online.com/2024/06/13/slippery-starmer/

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Destination Unknown said:

Meanwhile: "UK has been bottom of the G7 league for investment in 24 out of last 30 years" - and for most of those 30 years we were in the EU, but according to you, "it's what happens if a country is mad enough to erect an economic wall around itself." 🤔

https://www.ippr.org/media-office/revealed-investment-in-uk-is-lowest-in-g7-for-third-year-in-a-row-new-data-shows

Not according to statista (who are infinitely more reliable than the link you threw up). In fact, Britain comes in 2nd only to Germany in foreign investment with France coming in 3rd with only 25% of the UK’s FDI during the last 20 years in the EU. 

https://www.statista.com/topics/11940/foreign-direct-investment-fdi-in-europe/#topicOverview

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Not according to statista (who are infinitely more reliable than the link you threw up). In fact, Britain comes in 2nd only to Germany in foreign investment with France coming in 3rd with only 25% of the UK’s FDI during the last 20 years in the EU. 

https://www.statista.com/topics/11940/foreign-direct-investment-fdi-in-europe/#topicOverview

Maybe you better tell that to Dr Doom himself 'pellinore' then, who started the "Investment in UK 'rock bottom' of G7 nations for third year in a row (Sky)" thread yesterday, in yet another of his desperate attempts to blame something negative on Brexit, until I ripped it to shreds, and the link I threw up is from the actual website of the article that 'Sly News' had lifted their cherry-picked information from in order to suit their narrative.

Edited by Destination Unknown
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pellinore said:

Farage isn't wrong about everything (that would be too easy), but he has definitely been very wrong about Brexit.  He and Wales both have a lot to answer the rest of the UK for on that account.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Farage isn't wrong about everything (that would be too easy), but he has definitely been very wrong about Brexit.  He and Wales both have a lot to answer the rest of the UK for on that account.

Yes, how dare people exercise their democratic right.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

1 hour ago, Destination Unknown said:

Maybe you better tell that to Dr Doom himself 'pellinore' then, who started the "Investment in UK 'rock bottom' of G7 nations for third year in a row (Sky)" thread yesterday, in yet another of his desperate attempts to blame something negative on Brexit, until I ripped it to shreds, and the link I threw up is from the actual website of the article that 'Sly News' had lifted their cherry-picked information from in order to suit their narrative.

Why would I need to call @pellinore up on this when we both agree along with both links that the UK has hit rock bottom for FDI since leaving the EU???

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Why would I need to call @pellinore up on this when we both agree along with both links that the UK has hit rock bottom for FDI since leaving the EU???

Oh, I see how it goes, so the "unreliable" link that I "threw up" that claimed that the UK has hit rock bottom since our democratically mandated exit from the European Union, is only actually reliable when it's reporting on what's happened since we left the EU then, but strangely anything it claimed that happened during our membership, such as the UK being the bottom of the G7 league for investment in 24 out of last 30 years, is somehow totally unreliable then? Right, got it.

So you're just doing the same thing as Sly News did then, cherry-picking the bits that suit your narrative. Why didn't you just say so?

• Confused 1

GQQbwe1XMAAo5XH.png.1c5d2fa58459fd9be44990338c9a58c9.png

10 hours ago, Destination Unknown said:

Oh, I see how it goes, so the "unreliable" link that I "threw up" that claimed that the UK has hit rock bottom since our democratically mandated exit from the European Union, is only actually reliable when it's reporting on what's happened since we left the EU then, but strangely anything it claimed that happened during our membership, such as the UK being the bottom of the G7 league for investment in 24 out of last 30 years, is somehow totally unreliable then? Right, got it.

So you're just doing the same thing as Sly News did then, cherry-picking the bits that suit your narrative. Why didn't you just say so?

I activated the confused emoji to your post and upon reading it again I think a lol emoji is also warranted :lol:

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I activated the confused emoji to your post and upon reading it again I think a lol emoji is also warranted :lol:

What's confusing about it?

On the one hand you're agreeing with the claims that the "unreliable link that I threw up" says about the UK being bottom of the G7 league for the third year in a row, but on the other hand you're disagreeing with what that exact same link claims about the UK being bottom of the G7 league for investment in 24 out of the last 30 years years, most of which was whilst we were still in the EU. And you can't see the irony.!!

• Haha 1

I get why the Tories are now only forecast to get 53 seats and its well deserved.

What I don`t get for all those outraged at immigration is why they seriously think it will change under Labour. They will be just as bad, they have a 70 year track record to show they are just as bad.

I guess they don`t like the rest of Farage's manifesto which is essentially Conservative. I think that is a tactical mistake by Farage. I think if he went straight down the middle as an anti-immigration movement we would see reform take a mega super majority. He could destroy Labour and the Tories but is missing the opportunity.

Meanwhile I am laughing at the collapse of SNP, those dodgy fishes!

"Britain is broken – because Nigel Farage broke it"

Pretty sure it was Tony Blair. :yes:

• Like 1