Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Activists Vandalize Stonehenge In The UK


Shuffletracker

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Just Stop Oil, like that Thunberg idiot hurt the environmental cause. Not help it and we real environmental scientists catch the flak for their horse****. 

They all need to be in prison. 

Absolutely. The Brooklyn Museum, now Stonehenge. There need to be strong deterrents for this type of bs.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I think they should be given heavy fines and jail time

It's the UK, the majority of these idiots are from the same social class as the politicians, judges, barristers and civil servants, so they know they can operate, not with total impunity, but with far more freedom than if they were working class. If they were working class, protesting against anything, then they would be denounced as thugs and morons, maybe even facists, and have the full weight of the law thrown at them. It's just how it is here, how it's always been.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

It's the UK, the majority of these idiots are from the same social class as the politicians, judges, barristers and civil servants, so they know they can operate, not with total impunity, but with far more freedom than if they were working class. If they were working class, protesting against anything, then they would be denounced as thugs and morons, maybe even facists, and have the full weight of the law thrown at them. It's just how it is here, how it's always been.

Same goes here with the university students who play that game. Daddy has plenty of lawyer money.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

It's the UK, the majority of these idiots are from the same social class as the politicians, judges, barristers and civil servants, so they know they can operate, not with total impunity, but with far more freedom than if they were working class. If they were working class, protesting against anything, then they would be denounced as thugs and morons, maybe even facists, and have the full weight of the law thrown at them. It's just how it is here, how it's always been.

That's horrible.  I thought the system was better than that.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

That's horrible.  I thought the system was better than that.

No, it's never changed, it's tried to hide the reality, but if you have the connections, not even the money necessarily, then you get a pass. There's a fiction that the middle classes dont commit crime because they have too much to lose, it's partly correct, you won't see a bank manager in court for burglary, but, and the 2008 crash showed this, they do other stuff, which is more damaging to society. Then there was the politicians expenses scandal, involving even the PM of the time. If any worker had done the same they would at the least have lost their job, and in the worse cases gone to prison. It's true that a few politicians did get hit hard, but they were just thrown to the lions to appease the masses. One MP fiddled his expences for, from memory, about 20k. He said it was for a new duckhouse in his moat, yes, you did read that correctly, a duckhouse in his moat, around his castle. Punishment, zip.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kenemet…”It doesn't generate goodwill, it doesn't recruit others to their cause.  If anything, it turns people away from them.”

Totally agree.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wepwawet said:

No, it's never changed, it's tried to hide the reality, but if you have the connections, not even the money necessarily, then you get a pass. There's a fiction that the middle classes dont commit crime because they have too much to lose, it's partly correct, you won't see a bank manager in court for burglary, but, and the 2008 crash showed this, they do other stuff, which is more damaging to society. Then there was the politicians expenses scandal, involving even the PM of the time. If any worker had done the same they would at the least have lost their job, and in the worse cases gone to prison. It's true that a few politicians did get hit hard, but they were just thrown to the lions to appease the masses. One MP fiddled his expences for, from memory, about 20k. He said it was for a new duckhouse in his moat, yes, you did read that correctly, a duckhouse in his moat, around his castle. Punishment, zip.

Mark Thatcher and his "wrist slap" for the Equatorial Guinea Affair.

He should of been stripped of his title and positions and served in the same Zimbabwe prison as the former SAS mercs and South African mercs he lied to. 

The you have Rishi who's Southern California "investments" should be looked into. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

One MP fiddled his expences for, from memory, about 20k. He said it was for a new duckhouse in his moat, yes, you did read that correctly, a duckhouse in his moat, around his castle. Punishment, zip.

You write as though there's something wrong with that?  A duckhouse is an essential addition to every Englishman's domicile.  I have three.

I think you're mixing things up with ducking stools.  These are also popular but you can't get one on expenses because we no longer duck witches.  We aren't Medieval peasants!  They go straight to the stake; no trial required.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

You write as though there's something wrong with that?  A duckhouse is an essential addition to every Englishman's domicile.  I have three.

I think you're mixing things up with ducking stools.  These are also popular but you can't get one on expenses because we no longer duck witches.  We aren't Medieval peasants!  They go straight to the stake; no trial required.

Not if your a mad cat person. Then you have to keep buying ducks and it gets costly.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

You write as though there's something wrong with that?  A duckhouse is an essential addition to every Englishman's domicile.  I have three.

I think you're mixing things up with ducking stools.  These are also popular but you can't get one on expenses because we no longer duck witches.  We aren't Medieval peasants!  They go straight to the stake; no trial required.

From my perspective, this MP even having a duckhouse in his moat is typical of a parvenue, no class at all. One has Nile crocodiles in one's moat or nothing.

For the non Brits, this MP spent £1,645 on his duckhouse, but had claimed stolen, £30,000 of taxpayers money over three years for "gardening expences".

The duckhouse in question

FI66YSM2FFBKZHT2MRLRAIZ24U.jpg

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wepwawet said:

From my perspective, this MP even having a duckhouse in his moat is typical of a parvenue, no class at all. One has Nile crocodiles in one's moat or nothing.

For the non Brits, this MP spent £1,645 on his duckhouse, but had claimed stolen, £30,000 of taxpayers money over three years for "gardening expences".

The duckhouse in question

FI66YSM2FFBKZHT2MRLRAIZ24U.jpg

Pffftt!

The little outdoor libraries I build for Quaker Meetinghouses are better constructed and a slate mansard roof is soooo passe on a country cottage. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Piney said:

Duplicate 

Edited by Antigonos
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

 a slate mansard roof is soooo passe on a country cottage. 

Bite your tongue 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

You write as though there's something wrong with that?  A duckhouse is an essential addition to every Englishman's domicile.  I have three.

I think you're mixing things up with ducking stools.  These are also popular but you can't get one on expenses because we no longer duck witches.  We aren't Medieval peasants!  They go straight to the stake; no trial required.

As a cartoonist, my mind went to all the wrong places with "duck witches." 

Just sayin'.

image.thumb.png.bf74349bc5a09814dffc50be6c745c3b.png

https://duckycity.com/products/rubber-witch-duck

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Kenemet said:

It seems a very useless gesture (beyond the cultural insult of the action, for which I think they should be given heavy fines and jail time.)  It doesn't generate goodwill, it doesn't recruit others to their cause.  If anything, it turns people away from them.

And mega-kudos to the person who tried to stop them.

 

A comparable case from 18 years ago, involving the Rollright Stones and yellow paint (a lot worse than the powder used at Stonehenge - although even powder, as has been pointed out, would do harm to the organisms living on the surface of the stones).

However, the Rollright Stones case didn't involve people trying to make some political point: it was vandalism, pure and simple.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These just stop oil idiots that glue themselves to the road ,i say leave them there till the chemicals eat there hands away.

And when they beg to be cut free ,say sorry but i don't want to damage the road.,

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

I have the fireman ducky. 😊

I presented a preliminary paper recently and gave the panelists rubber duckies so they could tell me if something was "just ducking nuts."

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

No, it's never changed, it's tried to hide the reality, but if you have the connections, not even the money necessarily, then you get a pass. There's a fiction that the middle classes dont commit crime because they have too much to lose, it's partly correct, you won't see a bank manager in court for burglary, but, and the 2008 crash showed this, they do other stuff, which is more damaging to society. Then there was the politicians expenses scandal, involving even the PM of the time. If any worker had done the same they would at the least have lost their job, and in the worse cases gone to prison. It's true that a few politicians did get hit hard, but they were just thrown to the lions to appease the masses. One MP fiddled his expences for, from memory, about 20k. He said it was for a new duckhouse in his moat, yes, you did read that correctly, a duckhouse in his moat, around his castle. Punishment, zip.

What grinds my gears is when some high profile politician or whatever does a big fraud that made him millions,everyone's screaming for them to resign.

But if i don't pay my bbc tax i go to jail.

Off topic ,but others did and i went for it.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Windowpane said:

 

A comparable case from 18 years ago, involving the Rollright Stones and yellow paint (a lot worse than the powder used at Stonehenge - although even powder, as has been pointed out, would do harm to the organisms living on the surface of the stones).

However, the Rollright Stones case didn't involve people trying to make some political point: it was vandalism, pure and simple.

It must be something in my psychic makeup, but I see no sense in defacing ancient sites.

I love rock art and I'm still irritated about this one: https://www.deseret.com/2001/10/1/19607948/blue-buffalo-art-destroyed/

To me, this kind of vandalism doesn't make a statement.  It's like when the Taliban destroyed the  Buddhas of Bamiyan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan

There are souls who seem to enjoy mean-spirited destruction of many things.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

It must be something in my psychic makeup, but I see no sense in defacing ancient sites.

I love rock art and I'm still irritated about this one: https://www.deseret.com/2001/10/1/19607948/blue-buffalo-art-destroyed/

To me, this kind of vandalism doesn't make a statement.  It's like when the Taliban destroyed the  Buddhas of Bamiyan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan

There are souls who seem to enjoy mean-spirited destruction of many things.  

 

Bamiyan was the end of a crusade against Buddhism that lasted centuries. If it never happened Buddhism would of hit Europe before China.....well Athanasius of Alexandria was torching the Greek stuff so "maybe" hit Europe before China.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.