Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First named storm of the season impacting Texas

susieice

Posted (edited)

Tropical Storm Alberto forms in Gulf, brings heavy rain to Texas - ABC News (go.com)

Alberto is expected to make landfall in Mexico sometime tonight. Video reports in link. Louisiana Gulf coast also may experience coastal flooding.

Heavy rain is underway in south Texas and will be most widespread from Wednesday afternoon to Wednesday evening. Scattered showers will last through Thursday.

Rain totals could reach 10 inches in Texas and up to 20 inches in the mountains of Mexico.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I am sorry to hear it, and I hope Joc is OK. @joc

Edited by Guyver
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I am sorry to hear it, and I hope Joc is OK. @joc

I am no where near all that.  We'll be lucky if we get a sprinkle...which we probably won't.  I'm up around Dallas...North Texas.  It seems like just last week it was raining every day...oh wait...it was.  But man, when it gets in the 90s and no rain for a week or two...it dries out in a hurry.  We have a lot of clay soil up here.  When it dries out it's like concrete!  

But hey, I'll take that over a hurricane or tropical storm any day! :tu:

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, joc said:

I am no where near all that.  We'll be lucky if we get a sprinkle...which we probably won't.  I'm up around Dallas...North Texas.  It seems like just last week it was raining every day...oh wait...it was.  But man, when it gets in the 90s and no rain for a week or two...it dries out in a hurry.  We have a lot of clay soil up here.  When it dries out it's like concrete!  

But hey, I'll take that over a hurricane or tropical storm any day! :tu:

Glad you're ok joc. We have temps in the 90s too with dangerous heat and high humidity starting Friday through Sunday. I think the whole eastern half of the US is boiling right now. Stay cool!

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

I hope there are no tornadoes.  Madame Chompkazie from the swamps of Louisiana, please see it in the cards. Thank you.

I'm sure Texas will just ban hurricanes next, so they likely won't be a problem any more. 

• Like 1