Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World-first experiment reveals why some people never get COVID-19

Still Waters

A detailed comparison of COVID-19 cases has finally provided insight into why some individuals have yet to endure so much as a sniffle from a virus that brought much of the world to its knees.

Based on an analysis of the genetic activity in the nasal tissues and blood of people with unsuccessful SARS-CoV-2 infections, a team of researchers led by the Wellcome Sanger Institute and University College London in the UK has discovered a novel immune response that provides a robust front-line defense.

https://www.sciencealert.com/world-first-experiment-reveals-why-some-people-never-get-covid-19

This research was published in Nature.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Oh please!!! 

Must be difficult for someone who can't grasp basic scientific concepts to understand. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Must be difficult for someone who can't grasp basic scientific concepts to understand. 

That is my point exactly and history chimes rather well.

Fauci's recent public back pedalling should indicate a great deal of the nonsense surrounding the global scam that is covid and UCL were way into that side of things.

Have so quickly forgotten the mantra, it stops with the jab, someone jabbed cannot pass on the virus, everyone must be jabbed?

That was the 'science' that you are now quoting? 

And now here we are, the people funded by pharma, they've found a statistically whopping proportion out of 56 on their subset are immune lol.

Now  I usually hear some arguments back at me, oh but what you don't understand .. 

So, oh please!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

That is my point exactly and history chimes rather well.

Fauci's recent public back pedalling should indicate a great deal of the nonsense surrounding the global scam that is covid and UCL were way into that side of things.

Have so quickly forgotten the mantra, it stops with the jab, someone jabbed cannot pass on the virus, everyone must be jabbed?

That was the 'science' that you are now quoting? 

And now here we are, the people funded by pharma, they've found a statistically whopping proportion out of 56 on their subset are immune lol.

Now  I usually hear some arguments back at me, oh but what you don't understand .. 

So, oh please!!!!

You just love to make **** up and misinterpret what is said, huh? 

• Like 4

@OpenMindedSceptic - every time anyone posts anything about Covid, you come in and repeat the same misinformation over and over.

5 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

the global scam that is covid

The coronavirus pandemic was not a "scam".

it stops with the jab, someone jabbed cannot pass on the virus, everyone must be jabbed?

Nobody ever claimed that the jab was 100% effective at stopping the spread of the virus.

So, oh please!!!!

Do you actually have a point to make in regard to this study other than a blanket, mindless dismissal of "oh please" ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

As with all other vaccines, the Covid vaccine primed the body's immune system so that if you got the virus you were less likely to have serious (even deadly) symptoms, less likely therefore to require hospital treatment.  And, of course, if you have mild (or no) symptoms you are then, also, less likely to spread the virus further.

That is what vaccines do!    Well, until you anti science fundamentalists made up a whole new definition :P

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Saru said:

@OpenMindedSceptic - every time anyone posts anything about Covid, you come in and repeat the same misinformation over and over.

The coronavirus pandemic was not a "scam".

Nobody ever claimed that the jab was 100% effective at stopping the spread of the virus.

Do you actually have a point to make in regard to this study other than a blanket, mindless dismissal of "oh please" ?

Covid was a scam. Take the UK as just one example, contracts to Tory donors, the current PM made tens of millions on a Moderna gamble with his offshore 'investment fund' months before we'd heard of covid... it was a scam.

I never said that they said it was 100% effective, Whitty said that if you get jabbed then you don't pass it on, same from Biden. That is what I said, I never said 100% effective, why even say I did???  The BBC even added words on after Whitty's statement here becaue they knew henwqs reaching... 

I know this gets me banned but, I am not misinforning anyone. I am repeating truths. Over and over, and for good reason. This must never happen again.

BTW UCL are beneficiaries of their reports on behalf of government.

2 hours ago, Essan said:

As with all other vaccines, the Covid vaccine primed the body's immune system so that if you got the virus you were less likely to have serious (even deadly) symptoms, less likely therefore to require hospital treatment.  And, of course, if you have mild (or no) symptoms you are then, also, less likely to spread the virus further.

That is what vaccines do!    Well, until you anti science fundamentalists made up a whole new definition :P

Ah but crucially... the bit you are claiming was added AFTER they said transmission would stop with the jab. Not before. Once they realised that it could be quickly disproven... the wording changed. 

4 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Covid was a scam. Take the UK as just one example, contracts to Tory donors, the current PM made tens of millions on a Moderna gamble with his offshore 'investment fund' months before we'd heard of covid... it was a scam.

It makes no sense to call the pandemic a "scam" because a few unscrupulous individuals took advantage of the situation.

The Tories did profiteer off PPE contracts, but that was all happening because there was a pandemic - they didn't create the pandemic in order to profiteer off PPE contracts.

So again, how was the pandemic itself a "scam" ?

I never said that they said it was 100% effective

You claimed that the mantra was "it stops with the jab, someone jabbed cannot pass on the virus".

So who was saying that, specifically ? Where is that quote from ? I can't find it anywhere.

I know this gets me banned but, I am not misinforning anyone. I am repeating truths. Over and over, and for good reason. This must never happen again.

You are not repeating truths, you are repeating your own personal opinions.

If you want to inform people, then first you need to establish the facts - which you blatantly refuse to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

27 minutes ago, Ell said:

I have blocked OMS - but I am on his or her side on this.

On what, specifically ? Which points are you agreeing with ?

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Children are not required to wear them [masks], of course, but they obviously cannot pass on the virus;

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Lords/2021-10-26/debates/C846C077-0A96-4938-A285-CAAA8295D38D/CoronavirusAct2020

🤣

Any mandating of COVID vaccination in an employment context must: ...

be premised on strong evidence of the effectiveness of the vaccine in the specific environment in question, not only for the individual recipient but also in ensuring individuals cannot pass on the virus even if vaccinated

https://www.caut.ca/content/covid-19-and-academic-workplace-questions-answers

These results show the vaccine may be able to stop transmission, as you cannot pass on the virus if you are not infected with it

https://fullfact.org/online/vaccine-infection-illness/

Edited by Ell

6 minutes ago, Ell said:

Children are not required to wear them [masks], of course, but they obviously cannot pass on the virus;

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Lords/2021-10-26/debates/C846C077-0A96-4938-A285-CAAA8295D38D/CoronavirusAct2020

This is a single (inaccurate) remark by one politician during a debate that happened 3 years ago.

It is well established that children can catch and pass on coronavirus.

Any mandating of COVID vaccination in an employment context must: ...

be premised on strong evidence of the effectiveness of the vaccine in the specific environment in question, not only for the individual recipient but also in ensuring individuals cannot pass on the virus even if vaccinated

https://www.caut.ca/content/covid-19-and-academic-workplace-questions-answers

I'm not sure of the relevance of this citation - what point are you making ? This is just a Canadian FAQ about Covid-19 and vaccines in the workplace.

These results show the vaccine may be able to stop transmission, as you cannot pass on the virus if you are not infected with it

https://fullfact.org/online/vaccine-infection-illness/

This is a fact-checking piece debunking claims that the vaccines don't help to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

It is saying that the vaccines "reduce your chances of getting sick" and "may stop you being infected with Covid-19 at all."

In other words, it is saying that the vaccines can and do work, but are obviously not 100% effective.

I'm not sure that this is the point you were trying to put across, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Saru said:

It is saying that the vaccines "reduce your chances of getting sick" and "may stop you being infected with Covid-19 at all."

In other words, it is saying that the vaccines can and do work, but are obviously not 100% effective.

I'm not sure that this is the point you were trying to put across, though.

The quoted sentence implicates that people who get themselves injected "cannot pass on the virus if you are not infected with it", in other words that the injection prevents covid19 from infecting them.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Ell said:

The quoted sentence implicates that people who get themselves injected "cannot pass on the virus if you are not infected with it", in other words that the injection prevents covid19 from infecting them.

No, what it's saying is that in cases where the vaccine has successfully prevented infection, the person won't have the virus and therefore cannot pass it on to someone else.

It's not suggesting that everyone who gets the vaccine will be immune.

• Like 3

D33DC448-EC5E-4304-B16B-E2F61DAACBFF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2024 at 3:45 PM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Ah but crucially... the bit you are claiming was added AFTER they said transmission would stop with the jab. Not before. Once they realised that it could be quickly disproven... the wording changed. 

No. 

And that's why despite a flu vaccine being around for decades, we still get flu. 

If you think a vaccine stops people getting a virus you are a gullible fool.  Only total isolation prevents you getting a virus.  A vaccine means when you get it your body is already primed to fight it.  That is what a vaccine does.  Always has been, always will be.   

Maybe someone has been feeding you disinfornation? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Saru said:

No, what it's saying is that in cases where the vaccine has successfully prevented infection, the person won't have the virus and therefore cannot pass it on to someone else.

It's not suggesting that everyone who gets the vaccine will be immune.

mRNA injections are not vaccines.

So who was saying that, specifically ? Where is that quote from ? I can't find it anywhere.

That is weird. I did a superficial search and I found three examples, as quoted above. It would not surprise me if there were hundreds if not thousands to be found on the Internet.

Remember 'Get an mRNA injection so your Granny won't die'?

1 hour ago, Essan said:

No. 

And that's why despite a flu vaccine being around for decades, we still get flu. 

If you think a vaccine stops people getting a virus you are a gullible fool.  Only total isolation prevents you getting a virus.  A vaccine means when you get it your body is already primed to fight it.  That is what a vaccine does.  Always has been, always will be.   

Yep, Biden, Whitby, Fauci...

45 minutes ago, Ell said:

mRNA injections are not vaccines.

A vaccine is a vaccine, regardless of what underlying technology was used to create it.

The definition of a vaccine, according to the Cambridge Dictionary, is:

a substance that is put into the body of a person or animal to protect them from a disease by causing them to produce antibodies

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/vaccine

So yes, mRNA vaccines are vaccines.

50 minutes ago, Ell said:

That is weird. I did a superficial search and I found three examples, as quoted above. It would not surprise me if there were hundreds if not thousands to be found on the Internet.

You need to include inverted commas when searching for a specific phrase otherwise you will just get general results about viruses and vaccines.

If you conduct an explicit search for the phrase that was mentioned earlier, it returns zero results:

image.thumb.png.bbf6ecccd61933484adc6dc69891e20d.png

The same will happen if you search for "it stops with the jab" or "someone jabbed cannot pass on the virus" as separate phrases.

In other words, nobody used these mantras during the pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I searched for "cannot pass on the virus". Searching for the entire wording is inane.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ell said:

I searched for "cannot pass on the virus". Searching for the entire wording is inane.

But the specific mantra/quote was the topic of the discussion - I said I couldn't find any references to it, then you contested that by claiming you had found several examples.

What you actually did was search for something completely different that had nothing to do with what was being discussed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Essan said:

No. 

He never learned about vaccines in school, in any case.

• Like 2